U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-14-2009, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

They will return within a week.

Quote:
An agreement between the state's corrections commissioner and federal immigration officials will allow incarcerated illegal aliens to choose deportation over completion of their full prison sentences in the state.
Concord Monitor - Deportation now option for inmates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-14-2009, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,665,827 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps not. Anymore; it takes $$$ for a coyote to smuggle illegals across our border these days..........it becoming that risky due to the tightening enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,085,714 times
Reputation: 2244
the likeliness of returning is decreased when illegal re-entry is fined and punishable with jail time .

those that choose to get deported leave with the understanding that when caught in the US they will face such and such punishment.

some will risk it, but those without any ties (i.e. family, or roots) will probably stay out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:14 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,810,130 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Perhaps not. Anymore; it takes $$$ for a coyote to smuggle illegals across our border these days..........it becoming that risky due to the tightening enforcement.
The $$$ is the easy part. Many simply agree to be a drug mule in exchange. I think it's more the fear of being kidnapped and the fact that the human traffickers are more often pulling stunts like holding the illegal until "extra" money is paid, ransom in other words.

Illegals are perfectly happy to associate with criminals of the worst kind because that's what the smugglers are, all smugglers work for the violent cartels because they control the border and who and what goes over it. It's just that now the traffickers are notching their greed up a step. The illegal might agree to pay $4000 but finds out there are added "fees" later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
the likeliness of returning is decreased when illegal re-entry is fined and punishable with jail time .

those that choose to get deported leave with the understanding that when caught in the US they will face such and such punishment.

some will risk it, but those without any ties (i.e. family, or roots) will probably stay out.
I guess thatís why we keep hearing of illegals arrested for violent crimes being deported in excess of 10 times. Itís a revolving door; and as long as our borders remain open, they will continue to come. Heck, thousands are returning to this country at this very moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 02:26 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,085,714 times
Reputation: 2244
those are rare cases. the screws are being tightened. a nation wide/fed system is being implemented (using biometrics [see our suggestions do het heard]). they are just working out the kinks.

dont fret. progress is being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I guess thatís why we keep hearing of illegals arrested for violent crimes being deported in excess of 10 times. Itís a revolving door; and as long as our borders remain open, they will continue to come. Heck, thousands are returning to this country at this very moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 02:39 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,810,130 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
those are rare cases. the screws are being tightened. a nation wide/fed system is being implemented (using biometrics [see our suggestions do het heard]). they are just working out the kinks.

dont fret. progress is being made.
They obviously don't check the biometrics - the fingerprint on the card with that of the person using the card. You can buy those laser visas for $500 in Juarez's black market. They'll even help you find one with a picture that looks most like you or suggest changes you should make so you look most like the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top