U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 02:42 PM

627 posts, read 2,730,868 times

Advertisements

Kele's post is right on! Be forewarned America. She says it all right here. Think it won't happen to your city or hometown? Think again.

It is time to fight and fight hard to stop this and get our country back. Why aren't more people fighting for their country? It is beyond me how many are just himming and haing and not taking action and setting their footdown with their congress people and senators.

This is a defining moment in our country and it seems people are just letting the handing over of their country to a bunch of Mexicans happen. Wake up people--eventually moving isn't going to be a solution to living in the barrios, because they will be U.S. barrios everywhere. I am saddened and outraged at the loss of my country and how it is not being defended and reclaimed. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I'm leaving this god-forsaken state, period. It breaks my heart because I was born here and although I spent a good part of my adult life in Texas before moving back, I have fond memories of California pre-1986. (the Reagan Amnesty)

In the last four years, I have been completely amazed at how quickly the state I love has gone downhill in a matter of 20 years. Formerly middle class neighborhoods have been transformed into barrios, with barred windows and grafitti galore. The downtown Los Angeles of my youth, where my father used to take me to eat at Clifton's Cafeteria, is no longer a business hub, teaming with office workers. I used to think when I was younger that I would love to work in downtown L.A. with its amazing architecture and the pulse of Southern California running through it.

Now it's become some sort of third world mercado where no one speaks English and many of the formerly splendid buildings have had their bottom floors turned into foreign marketplaces where all the signs are in Spanish or, as in the case of the jewelry center, Asian.

Anyone who thinks that illegal immigration is good for this country needs to spend sometime in L.A. Do a little research and find out how glorious this city used to be as little as twenty years ago. Go see it now. The transformation of Los Angeles is a glimpse into the future of America if illegal immigration is not stopped and if the current Senate 3.2 Trillion Dollar amnesty bill is allowed to be passed.

Is San Diego as bad as L.A.? Not yet. But then again, it hasn't been declared a sanctuary city by a traitorous La Raza mayor with grand plans of reconquista. But it will get there soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 05:27 PM

627 posts, read 2,730,868 times
GypsyHeart this is a very enlightening post. It had never even occured to me if one was to purchase property next to a park or even a privately owned grove of some sort that illegal squaters could make that their home. But of course! It makes perfect sense. Why wouldn't they? Wow. This just is way out of control. Way out of control.

We have got to make major changes and not only make sure NO amnesty bill goes through, but a serious enforcement and hinderance (border) bill goes through to stop and reverse this sort of invasion. I really feel increasingly strongly that not only do we need to support bills that are enforcement based combined with a strong border hinderance, but we need to support some sort of bill that picks these people up by the scruff and sends them home. We also need to add some sort of clause to the constitution/law that addresses foreign born children in America to exclude those born through illegal/criminal treaspassing.

Both liberals and conservatives are deeply affected by the invasion. It erodes the safety of blacks, it destroys middle class and poor communities, it erodes jobs for American citizens . . . we all have reason to fight here. I am a conservative, but I would proudly fight for my country with any liberal or like minded American here. You bet I will! It is time to join forces on this issue no matter where else in politics we disagree. Damn it. It is our country and it is time for all Americans to reclaim it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyHeart View Post
Well, I'll give you the answer you're looking for! I've been here, in San Diego for almost 3yrs now. Your question: "Will SD become over-run w/Mexicans/illegals"....uh, hello, it already is! Are you kidding, this is the gateway into the United States of Mexico! We have 3 border crossings which are very, very active 24/7.
I come from NEW Mexico and thought it was bad there, moved to AZ, thought it was bad there, now I'm living in SD and OMG! I can not wait to get out of here. For family reasons, I will probably be here at least 2 more years, but I am counting the days. NOWHERE you go, do people, the general public speak English, at my work, I deal with...you guessed it: more Mexican illegals....I am part of a profession that doles out goods and services to these people and it makes me sick to my stomach....especially when we are sufferring the high cost of living here!
My husband and I laugh when people repeatedly ask us "when are you going to buy a house here....?"....why would we spend at least 1/2 million dollars to live in the gutter this area is becoming? These people out here are crazy....no offense to other Cali folks... We actually live in a nice area, close to some of the nicest beaches in San Diego, right up against a canyon. We loved it when we first moved here, beautiful , quiet, peaceful, private, gorgeous views of the ocean.....sigh. Well, no more. The latest in our "saga"....our beautiful peaceful canyon has now been over-run w/mexicans...living illegally in the brush down at the bottom of the canyon! Every day or every other day/night we are subject to police helicopters whirling around on top of us, blaring from a bullhorn for them to come out of hiding,this is the SD PD, blah, blah, blah.... This goes on for at least an hour or two.
And I would pay $700,000 for this house I'm living in w/mexican 'squatters' trashing up my backyard?!
I don't think so!
Take my advice: get out of Cali, period, this state is Mexifornia, cities Chula-juana, Calexico, etc.
And, please, you bleeding heart liberals: spare me all the "oh, boo hoo, those poor people living out in the open are just trying for a better life, they're not hurting anyone, blah blah blah...." That's garbage,,,,they are criminals breaking the law, and I, for one, am sick of it being rammed down my throat everday!

Old 05-20-2007, 09:20 PM

126 posts, read 514,615 times
Excellent points you've made, fairweathergolfer! It is true, no matter what our politics are, we all need to join forces on this issue. The "government" is counting on the varied political stances we all take on other issues...it needs to be made clear that we are all united on this issue and intend to take back our country and refuse to allow this abuse to continue!

Old 12-29-2007, 12:17 AM

194 posts, read 400,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyHeart View Post
Well, I'll give you the answer you're looking for! I've been here, in San Diego for almost 3yrs now. Your question: "Will SD become over-run w/Mexicans/illegals"....uh, hello, it already is! Are you kidding, this is the gateway into the United States of Mexico! We have 3 border crossings which are very, very active 24/7.
I come from NEW Mexico and thought it was bad there, moved to AZ, thought it was bad there, now I'm living in SD and OMG! I can not wait to get out of here. For family reasons, I will probably be here at least 2 more years, but I am counting the days. NOWHERE you go, do people, the general public speak English, at my work, I deal with...you guessed it: more Mexican illegals....I am part of a profession that doles out goods and services to these people and it makes me sick to my stomach....especially when we are sufferring the high cost of living here!
My husband and I laugh when people repeatedly ask us "when are you going to buy a house here....?"....why would we spend at least 1/2 million dollars to live in the gutter this area is becoming? These people out here are crazy....no offense to other Cali folks... We actually live in a nice area, close to some of the nicest beaches in San Diego, right up against a canyon. We loved it when we first moved here, beautiful , quiet, peaceful, private, gorgeous views of the ocean.....sigh. Well, no more. The latest in our "saga"....our beautiful peaceful canyon has now been over-run w/mexicans...living illegally in the brush down at the bottom of the canyon! Every day or every other day/night we are subject to police helicopters whirling around on top of us, blaring from a bullhorn for them to come out of hiding,this is the SD PD, blah, blah, blah.... This goes on for at least an hour or two.
And I would pay $700,000 for this house I'm living in w/mexican 'squatters' trashing up my backyard?! I don't think so!
Take my advice: get out of Cali, period, this state is Mexifornia, cities Chula-juana, Calexico, etc.
And, please, you bleeding heart liberals: spare me all the "oh, boo hoo, those poor people living out in the open are just trying for a better life, they're not hurting anyone, blah blah blah...." That's garbage,,,,they are criminals breaking the law, and I, for one, am sick of it being rammed down my throat everday!
Huh! That's funny, I live in San Diego too right across the street from a canyon full of illegal aliens just minutes from the beach. Nice neighborhood, I'm leaving but the illegals are the farthest thing from my list of complaints about the area (cost of living, wildfires, materialistic shallow people). As a mattter of fact, they cause very little problems what so ever and I've been here 2 years. A couple months back, my son and his friend got lost down there and one of the illegals rounded up a few of his buddies to help me find him. I work in construction and I suspect many of my co-workers are undocumented as well, no problems there either. I guess it's all in what sort of attitude you have, if you simply dismiss people because of their legal status then I assume you think it's OK for people to dismiss you because of your outward appearance. Most of San Diego's problems seem to be caused by meth heads, drunk college kids and gang bangers, not illegals. Maybe you just don't get out much.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:24 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Bottom line here: either annex Mexico to the USA and apply Gringo law to its fullest extent or fortify the border to Berlin Wall standards coupled with mass deportations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration