Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:13 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,033,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Offtopic here: if irks me a whole lot less to see some of our customer support business go to the Philippines vs India since they were an American colony till 1946. Hell; Filipinos/as are half 'Anglo', culturally speaking as it is---------despite many aspects of their culture being based on Mexico's.
Offtopic here: That's your opinion, I could care less for Ex-American colonies, Spanish colonies, or Amerindian colonies. I live in the present, not stuck in the past . They can speak Esperanto, Farsi or Quechua for all I care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 04:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,993,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Offtopic here: That's your opinion, I could care less for Ex-American colonies, Spanish colonies, or Amerindian colonies. I live in the present, not stuck in the past . They can speak Esperanto, Farsi or Quechua for all I care.
I live in the present as well---------and, it is past time for illegal aliens and their minor age Anchors to leave the USA.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:48 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,289,038 times
I agree with the poster about citizens and legal residents having to show birth certificates and of course medical records to enter school, but when it comes to illegal immigrants, it is just understood and accepted that they can't. What if we (citizens and legal residents) went around and told all of the agencies and government services that we didn't have documentation? Would we then get all of the services and become a member of the community with no questions asked? We should all just go undocumented, uncounted and unidentified, see how society and communities work then.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:19 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,033,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I agree with the poster about citizens and legal residents having to show birth certificates and of course medical records to enter school, but when it comes to illegal immigrants, it is just understood and accepted that they can't. What if we (citizens and legal residents) went around and told all of the agencies and government services that we didn't have documentation? Would we then get all of the services and become a member of the community with no questions asked? We should all just go undocumented, uncounted and unidentified, see how society and communities work then.
I don't know in your state, but in FL to enroll a child in school you need to show proof of immunizations. I bet you the same is true for other states. It's just too risky. Illegals can get those through the public health system. South Florida specifically has a large population of middle class illegal population from Central and South America that overstayed their visas and those will most likely have a birth certificate from their countries and a passport.

So before someone assumes that illegal kids are attending public schools in Fl without their immunizations, here's the Miami-Dade Public school's document where it is stated in bold and capital letters under section F that NO STUDENT WILL BE ADMITTED TO SCHOOL WITHOUT THEIR MEDICAL RECORDS