U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,796,480 times

Advertisements

Talk about nerve. These people are responsible for the closure of this clinic, yet have the audacity to sue.

Quote:
ATLANTA — Efforts to force the public hospital here to continue providing free dialysis treatment to a group of immigrants, most of them illegal, suffered a setback on Tuesday when a judge dismissed a lawsuit challenging the recent closing of the hospital’s outpatient renal clinic.

A lawyer for the roughly 50 patients said he would appeal. But the ruling for Grady Memorial Hospital brings the patients closer to a Jan. 3 deadline for finding new sources of the life-sustaining dialysis treatment.

At a hearing on Tuesday morning, Judge Ural D. Glanville of Fulton County Superior Court provided little reasoning for granting the hospital’s request to dismiss the patients’ lawsuit. The patients’ lawyer, Lindsay Jones, had contended among other claims that Grady had illegally abandoned the patients. A lawyer for the hospital, Bernard Taylor, said the patients were asserting a constitutional right to medical care that does not exist in law.

Several patients said they were saddened by the ruling. “I’m a person who loves life, who wants to live,” said Reina Andrade, 32, one of the plaintiffs. “If I return to my village in Honduras, I know I will die.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/16/he...rady.html?_r=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,587,359 times
Yet Americans are going without medical care; illegal alien Reina Andrade, if the former have to do without-------what gives you the right to cut in line, you insolent loser. Go back to your country-----------the cupboard AKA the USA is bare.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:05 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,705,635 times
Quote:
Several patients said they were saddened by the ruling. “I’m a person who loves life, who wants to live,” said Reina Andrade, 32, one of the plaintiffs. “If I return to my village in Honduras, I know I will die.”

I don't suppose it has ever occurred to this woman that she needs to take that up with the government of Honduras. She is in the US illegally and she is not our responsibility. These people bankrupted this dialysis unit, they need to understand that the gravy train is coming to a halt. Go home and take your health issues up with your own country.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:28 AM

3,951 posts, read 3,578,355 times
I don't get why they can be illegal but attempt to force US people and governments to give them things that they originally had no right to. The attorney is right, "It does not exist in law." They keep trying to pimp the system into giving them what they are asking for. I wish they could get the help they need, but if they did not illegally enter here, they would not be here to put that illegal responsibility on our states and country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or