U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:15 AM

41 posts, read 85,648 times

Advertisements

It's the Goosenecks state park in Utah.

Check out the Mexica movement's "choosing an Aztec name tutorial",these are Catholic/Hispanic customs,not indian.These europeans should pay for that crime against indians,lol.
Chicano means scalp hunter in Mexico and the Comanche language.

They're white suprema-cysts not indians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 01:28 AM

7,352 posts, read 8,990,061 times
If Mexican-Americans "hate La Raza," then they need to be vocal about it. It's difficult to believe that the Mexican-American community who claims to be against illegal immigration is serious when it remains silent.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 2,937 times
All i see on this site is people hating on Mexicans and i feel that is wrong. Not all illegals here are Mexican there are Latinos that are not from Mexico you jsut think brown skin so they must be Mexican. There are Chinese, Vietnamese, even people from Peru who look black and becasue of that no one says anything. I really think if you dont really know about what these organizations are about or even the culuture you shouldnt say anything. Too not all people come here illegally and the people that i know are here to work and try VERY hard to make a living, they have enough trying to make it out here, they dont need all the hate they get from all of you.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:44 AM

3 posts, read 2,937 times
If Mexican-Americans "hate La Raza," then they need to be vocal about it. It's difficult to believe that the Mexican-American community who claims to be against illegal immigration is serious when it remains silent.

You have got to be kidding me...I am the 3rd generation of Mexican-Americans, my ancestors came here LEGALLY. Not ever did they do anything to anyone to deserve the type of "crap" you people talk about them. Our family now has jobs in offices as teachers , engineers, nurses and are married to people from different races and not once do i see anyone treating us the way they would have treated our ancestors why is that??? Becasue we no longer look too Mexican?? Wake up people you say there's no more racism , then what is this site???

Old 08-23-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegonative View Post

You have got to be kidding me...I am the 3rd generation of Mexican-Americans, my ancestors came here LEGALLY. Not ever did they do anything to anyone to deserve the type of "crap" you people talk about them. Our family now has jobs in offices as teachers , engineers, nurses and are married to people from different races and not once do i see anyone treating us the way they would have treated our ancestors why is that??? Becasue we no longer look too Mexican?? Wake up people you say there's no more racism , then what is this site???
Nobody is talking about Mexican-Americans who immigrated to this country legally. The concern is over illegal immigrants. The majority of illegal immigrants come from Mexico, Central America, and South America. They should have no more right to benefits (employment, health care, education) than other illegal immigrants. The American people--which is constituted of a variety of races, by the way--should not be forced to support citizens of another country who are here illegally. Period.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:36 AM

As for Aztlan.net: This is a marginal group of wackos, and very few Latinos--legal or illegal--are members. It makes about as much sense to equate this group with Latinos, as a whole, as it does to equate the KKK with "white" people, as a whole.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:00 PM

155 posts, read 107,034 times
They are not as marginlized as you think. In fact, there are many college professors who believe in and participate in the group and believe in the overthrow of the government to get what they want. You should really do a bit more research concerning the group and you will find that many within their group and some others call for the killing of Anglos and other such lovely family values.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:19 PM

155 posts, read 107,034 times
Check these web sites out if you would like to see citizens who hate our country and are all for open borders by any means necessary.

Hispanic Business Forums - Politics

Chicano Forums | Chican@ Powered Forums (http://www.chicanoforums.com/forums/index.php? - broken link)

There happens to be many more like this out there proving that it not just a small minority who wish this country harm.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:05 PM

448 posts, read 1,682,628 times
Let me put in my 2 cents. As a legal Cuban immigrant, and US Citizen, I stand against these hate organizations. A quick history lesson, Mexicans and other Central American citizens are totally different from Cubans and Puerto Ricans. We are from Spanish descent and have no trace of Indian blood in our heritage. It is mainly countries like Mexico, Nicaragua, Honduras and Guatemala that love that Aztlan ideology. Actually, if you read into their hate hymns, you will find that they hate Cubans as much as White Americans; we are mentioned as the enemy or some other nonsense. Having said that, in Miami, 95% of Cubans don't sympathize with illegal immigrants, their hate groups or other "Indian cultures". We are proud of our Cuban heritage, but we are also very proud of calling ourselves American citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
A "sanctuary city" is a city in which law enforcement is constrained from asking anyone about their immigration status, even if they are caught committing a crime, which is against federal law. L.A.'s own "Special Order 40" violates federal law, but because our President loves illegal aliens, especially if they are from south of the border, no action is taken against these sanctuary cities.

"La Raza" is a pro-Hispanic, anti-American organization which seems to have firmly ensconsed itself within the American political scheme. They claim to promote the education and rights of Hispanics, but all they are really promoting is the rights of Hispanics, both legal and illegal, to the exclusion of everyone else. Their motto is:

Por La Raza--Todo.
Fuera de La Raza--Nada.

For those of the Race (Hispanic) Everything. For those outside the Race, Nothing.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:15 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comanchewarrior View Post
It's the Goosenecks state park in Utah.

Check out the Mexica movement's "choosing an Aztec name tutorial",these are Catholic/Hispanic customs,not indian.These europeans should pay for that crime against indians,lol.
Chicano means scalp hunter in Mexico and the Comanche language.

They're white suprema-cysts not indians.
It's quite humorous to me that Aztlan should theoretically be located in Utah, considering the whole reconquista movement is tied to some imagined kinship or ancestry with the Aztecs, whose shining glory, Teotihuacan, was located on a lake in the midst of modern day Mexico City.

In the Aztec codex Tira de la Peregrinacion, commonly called the Migration Scrolls, the scrolls have the Aztecs leaving Aztlan, which was described as an island in a lake with Chicomoztoc depicted as seven temples in the center of the island. Doesn't quite fit the southwestern U.S. now does it?

According to the Mexica Movement, Aztlan is located in the Four Corners area of the present day United States, where Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado meet. This would likely come as a surprise to the Anasazi, whose descendants still dwell in the area today. Of course, many pro-reconquista folks have attempted to name the Anasazi ruins as their "Aztlan," but this has been both chronologically and realistically proved wrong by various Anthropologists and Archeologists. Unfortunately for the Mexica Movement, the two cultures are so inherently different that there is no way that the Anasazi, or any other Northern Native American ruins for that matter, can be mistaken for Aztec.

And to our Cuban immigrant friend who is proud to be an American, I say good on ya, mate. My grand-parents on my father's side emigrated through Ellis Island. I'm all for legal immigration (within reasonable limits) and assimilation. My explanation of sanctuary cities and the reconquista movement by no means encompasses every person of Hispanic descent and I realize that there are vast differences in ideologies between those who promote the La Raza type of hate-mongering and other people of Hispanic descent. The hate speech and the racism on the part of the La Raza/Reconquista crowd is what I abhor. I am well aware of how they view those they consider to be of European ancestry.

Just so long as we're clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration