U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 PM
 
409 posts, read 481,526 times
Reputation: 242

Advertisements

DAN STEIN // STEIN REPORT 2000-2009 | Federation for American Immigration Reform
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:36 PM
 
Location: Here
10,833 posts, read 11,585,725 times
Reputation: 5928
Rep Abercrombie, Neil [HI-1]
Rep Andrews, Robert E. [NJ-1]
Rep Baca, Joe [CA-43]
Rep Becerra, Xavier [CA-31]
Rep Berkley, Shelley [NV-1]
Rep Berman, Howard L. [CA-28]
Rep Blumenauer, Earl [OR-3]
Rep Bordallo, Madeleine Z. [GU]
Rep Brown, Corrine [FL-3]
Rep Capps, Lois [CA-23]
Rep Capuano, Michael E. [MA-8]
Rep Carson, Andre [IN-7]
Rep Christensen, Donna M. [VI]
Rep Chu, Judy [CA-32]
Rep Clarke, Yvette D. [NY-11]
Rep Clay, Wm. Lacy [MO-1]
Rep Cleaver, Emanuel [MO-5]
Rep Conyers, John, Jr. [MI-14]
Rep Crowley, Joseph [NY-7]
Rep Cuellar, Henry [TX-28]
Rep Davis, Danny K. [IL-7]
Rep DeGette, Diana [CO-1]
Rep Edwards, Donna F. [MD-4]
Rep Ellison, Keith [MN-5]
Rep Engel, Eliot L. [NY-17]
Rep Faleomavaega, Eni F.H. [AS]
Rep Farr, Sam [CA-17]
Rep Fattah, Chaka [PA-2]
Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51]
Rep Frank, Barney [MA-4]
Rep Fudge, Marcia L. [OH-11]
Rep Gonzalez, Charles A. [TX-20]
Rep Green, Al [TX-9]
Rep Green, Gene [TX-29]
Rep Grijalva, Raul M. [AZ-7]
Rep Gutierrez, Luis V. [IL-4]
Rep Hastings, Alcee L. [FL-23]
Rep Heinrich, Martin [NM-1]
Rep Hinojosa, Ruben [TX-15]
Rep Hirono, Mazie K. [HI-2]
Rep Honda, Michael M. [CA-15]
Rep Israel, Steve [NY-2]
Rep Jackson, Jesse L., Jr. [IL-2]
Rep Jackson-Lee, Sheila [TX-18]
Rep Johnson, Eddie Bernice [TX-30]
Rep Johnson, Henry C. "Hank," Jr. [GA-4]
Rep Kilpatrick, Carolyn C. [MI-13]
Rep Kucinich, Dennis J. [OH-10]
Rep Lee, Barbara [CA-9]
Rep Lewis, John [GA-5]
Rep Lujan, Ben Ray [NM-3]
Rep Maloney, Carolyn B. [NY-14]
Rep Matsui, Doris O. [CA-5]
Rep McDermott, Jim [WA-7]
Rep McGovern, James P. [MA-3]
Rep Meek, Kendrick B. [FL-17]
Rep Meeks, Gregory W. [NY-6]
Rep Moore, Gwen [WI-4]
Rep Moran, James P. [VA-8]
Rep Nadler, Jerrold [NY-8]
Rep Napolitano, Grace F. [CA-38]
Rep Neal, Richard E. [MA-2]
Rep Norton, Eleanor Holmes [DC]
Rep Olver, John W. [MA-1]
Rep Pallone, Frank, Jr. [NJ-6]
Rep Pastor, Ed [AZ-4]
Rep Perlmutter, Ed [CO-7]
Rep Pierluisi, Pedro R. [PR]
Rep Pingree, Chellie [ME-1]
Rep Polis, Jared [CO-2]
Rep Quigley, Mike [IL-5]
Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15]
Rep Reyes, Silvestre [TX-16]
Rep Richardson, Laura [CA-37]
Rep Roybal-Allard, Lucille [CA-34]
Rep Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1]
Rep Sablan, Gregorio [MP]
Rep Salazar, John T. [CO-3]
Rep Schakowsky, Janice D. [IL-9]
Rep Scott, Robert C. "Bobby" [VA-3]
Rep Serrano, Jose E. [NY-16]
Rep Sires, Albio [NJ-13]
Rep Stark, Fortney Pete [CA-13]
Rep Towns, Edolphus [NY-10]
Rep Velazquez, Nydia M. [NY-12]
Rep Waters, Maxine [CA-35]
Rep Watson, Diane E. [CA-33]
Rep Waxman, Henry A. [CA-30]
Rep Weiner, Anthony D. [NY-9]
Rep Welch, Peter [VT]
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,098,191 times
Reputation: 11277
Got a list of Rs, too?
Didn't Bush support amnesty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:50 PM
 
Location: Arizona
12,757 posts, read 7,380,365 times
Reputation: 6738
To the OP. You lost all credibility when you called it an amnesty bill. There is no amnesty bill. There is an immigration reform bill. The last president to give amnesty to illegals was Reagan. Lets get that straight off the get-go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 12:52 AM
 
409 posts, read 481,526 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Got a list of Rs, too?
Didn't Bush support amnesty?
There are no Republicans supporting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 12:54 AM
 
409 posts, read 481,526 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
To the OP. You lost all credibility when you called it an amnesty bill. There is no amnesty bill. There is an immigration reform bill. The last president to give amnesty to illegals was Reagan. Lets get that straight off the get-go.
LOL! No.....it's a amnesty bill. You know it and so does everybody else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 12:55 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,735 posts, read 14,849,965 times
Reputation: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
LOL! No.....it's a amnesty bill. You know it and so does everybody else.
please look up in the dictionary what Amnesty actually is.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 01:00 AM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 27,076,179 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Rep Abercrombie, Neil [HI-1]
Rep Andrews, Robert E. [NJ-1]
Rep Baca, Joe [CA-43]
Rep Becerra, Xavier [CA-31]
Rep Berkley, Shelley [NV-1]
Rep Berman, Howard L. [CA-28]
Rep Blumenauer, Earl [OR-3]
Rep Bordallo, Madeleine Z. [GU]
Rep Brown, Corrine [FL-3]
Rep Capps, Lois [CA-23]
Rep Capuano, Michael E. [MA-8]
Rep Carson, Andre [IN-7]
Rep Christensen, Donna M. [VI]
Rep Chu, Judy [CA-32]
Rep Clarke, Yvette D. [NY-11]
Rep Clay, Wm. Lacy [MO-1]
Rep Cleaver, Emanuel [MO-5]
Rep Conyers, John, Jr. [MI-14]
Rep Crowley, Joseph [NY-7]
Rep Cuellar, Henry [TX-28]
Rep Davis, Danny K. [IL-7]
Rep DeGette, Diana [CO-1]
Rep Edwards, Donna F. [MD-4]
Rep Ellison, Keith [MN-5]
Rep Engel, Eliot L. [NY-17]
Rep Faleomavaega, Eni F.H. [AS]
Rep Farr, Sam [CA-17]
Rep Fattah, Chaka [PA-2]
Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51]
Rep Frank, Barney [MA-4]
Rep Fudge, Marcia L. [OH-11]
Rep Gonzalez, Charles A. [TX-20]
Rep Green, Al [TX-9]
Rep Green, Gene [TX-29]
Rep Grijalva, Raul M. [AZ-7]
Rep Gutierrez, Luis V. [IL-4]
Rep Hastings, Alcee L. [FL-23]
Rep Heinrich, Martin [NM-1]
Rep Hinojosa, Ruben [TX-15]
Rep Hirono, Mazie K. [HI-2]
Rep Honda, Michael M. [CA-15]
Rep Israel, Steve [NY-2]
Rep Jackson, Jesse L., Jr. [IL-2]
Rep Jackson-Lee, Sheila [TX-18]
Rep Johnson, Eddie Bernice [TX-30]
Rep Johnson, Henry C. "Hank," Jr. [GA-4]
Rep Kilpatrick, Carolyn C. [MI-13]
Rep Kucinich, Dennis J. [OH-10]
Rep Lee, Barbara [CA-9]
Rep Lewis, John [GA-5]
Rep Lujan, Ben Ray [NM-3]
Rep Maloney, Carolyn B. [NY-14]
Rep Matsui, Doris O. [CA-5]
Rep McDermott, Jim [WA-7]
Rep McGovern, James P. [MA-3]
Rep Meek, Kendrick B. [FL-17]
Rep Meeks, Gregory W. [NY-6]
Rep Moore, Gwen [WI-4]
Rep Moran, James P. [VA-8]
Rep Nadler, Jerrold [NY-8]
Rep Napolitano, Grace F. [CA-38]
Rep Neal, Richard E. [MA-2]
Rep Norton, Eleanor Holmes [DC]
Rep Olver, John W. [MA-1]
Rep Pallone, Frank, Jr. [NJ-6]
Rep Pastor, Ed [AZ-4]
Rep Perlmutter, Ed [CO-7]
Rep Pierluisi, Pedro R. [PR]
Rep Pingree, Chellie [ME-1]
Rep Polis, Jared [CO-2]
Rep Quigley, Mike [IL-5]
Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15]
Rep Reyes, Silvestre [TX-16]
Rep Richardson, Laura [CA-37]
Rep Roybal-Allard, Lucille [CA-34]
Rep Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1]
Rep Sablan, Gregorio [MP]
Rep Salazar, John T. [CO-3]
Rep Schakowsky, Janice D. [IL-9]
Rep Scott, Robert C. "Bobby" [VA-3]
Rep Serrano, Jose E. [NY-16]
Rep Sires, Albio [NJ-13]
Rep Stark, Fortney Pete [CA-13]
Rep Towns, Edolphus [NY-10]
Rep Velazquez, Nydia M. [NY-12]
Rep Waters, Maxine [CA-35]
Rep Watson, Diane E. [CA-33]
Rep Waxman, Henry A. [CA-30]
Rep Weiner, Anthony D. [NY-9]
Rep Welch, Peter [VT]
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6]
It appears that Nasty Nancy has a lot of arms to twist on this topic. Maybe she learned something about threatening people from the last two days of work by the Dems in the Senate. She better get started because she will surely want to have the vote before Christmas break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 01:04 AM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 27,076,179 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Got a list of Rs, too?
Didn't Bush support amnesty?
Is Bush in the HOuse of Representatives? I thought he had moved back to Texas. As I recall there were 33 Repubican Senators who voted for the 2006 Amnesty Bill with McCain being one of them. Are any of them in the House now?

Really I think they will have to do some tall arm twisting to get the 218 member votes that they need for this one. Did you notice the 218 - 214 vote they had today. That means that all the Republicans voted against it and most of the Blue Dogs, if not all of them. Things are really tough in Congress when you have the majorities the Dems have and they can't get all of them to vote for so many of these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 01:07 AM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 27,076,179 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
To the OP. You lost all credibility when you called it an amnesty bill. There is no amnesty bill. There is an immigration reform bill. The last president to give amnesty to illegals was Reagan. Lets get that straight off the get-go.
Lets get it even straighter when we say that the Congress passed the bill and Reagan signed it. Nope, he didn't pass the bill. Bush wanted the McCain - Kennedy Amnesty Bill passed in 2006 and couldn't get the HOuse to even bring it up so it died.

Amnesty by any other name is amnesty. Kind like a road apple being called a rose doesn't change what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top