U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 09:42 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,584,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCvoter View Post
I recently received an email regarding the Oklahoma legislation 1804 which looks to be the some of the most strict legislation on illegal immigration and I would think would be a good test case for the rest of the country to see what kind of effect strict legislation has on the states economy. Seems the trade off is between staying competitive with cheap labor vs. the drain on the state in funding schools, medical and other benefits to illegals. Has there been any documentation on economic effects that anyone know of? The only thing I can find on the internet is that illegals are leaving in droves for other US states or back to native countries.

My view on the illegal aliens is pretty black and white. Anyone here illegally should not be entitled to any of the rights of a US citizen that is paying taxes to support. This includes illegals enrolling their children in schools and colleges, financing their medical needs or any other financial assistance from the US government. I really do not understand the other side of the debate, if someone sneaks across a border illegally why should I (meaning US taxpayer) have to support this person?
No argument from most of us anti's (and a few of the moderate pro illegal types as well) on this Forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 07:25 PM

4,895 posts, read 5,855,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
So, do you feel that what it means to be a legal resident or natural born citizen of the U.S. is being crapped on? They try to encourage us and ask us to be patriotic when we are at war, you see US flags in the background of The President's speeches, and pretty much all over government materials and buildings, but aren't they the very ones that are taking that meaning away from us and dilluting what it means to be a US citizen and permanent resident.
you betcha !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or