Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:03 AM

841 posts, read 2,261,066 times

Advertisements

Would future Historians compare it to the Indian Removal Act?
Just imagine the catrosphic effects it would have on the American Economy/Mexican Economy. Wait thats right we Americans dont care about the economy we rather pay lower taxes . So who's ready to work the Ag Fields in Salinas Valley ? Or Clean the **** in hotels ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 04:40 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,908 times
you are right.. the effects would be great... NO MORE ILLEGALS!
No more drunk illegals killing Americans..
No more illegals on welfare..
No more illegals gangbanging..
No more illegals giving birth in America..
No more having millions of American tax dollars paid to aid illegals..
No more illegals raping and murdering American woman and children..
No more having to see the distruction of America society..
No more having to foot the bill for miilions of them in our prisons..
No more SO-CALLED amnesty illegals gangbanging, pushing drugs, murdering, and feeding off Americans... your right, it would be GREAT!

Old 01-08-2008, 04:47 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
I'm sorry, Illegal is Illegal is Illegal. IT IS FREAKING ILLEGAL. We are not saying no immigrants, but do it the legal way. Get a work visa. Get a student visa. GOD FORBID YOU FOLLOW THE RULEZ OH NOEZ!

My family emigranted her legally and I went through the process. It's not hard. Anyone trying to bypass it and do it the illegal way had it coming.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:06 AM

436 posts, read 810,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
Just imagine the catrosphic effects it would have on the American Economy/Mexican Economy. Wait thats right we Americans dont care about the economy we rather pay lower taxes . So who's ready to work the Ag Fields in Salinas Valley ? Or Clean the **** in hotels ?
Did we run out of prisoners?

Old 01-08-2008, 06:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Frankly; who cares?

History; oftentimes is twisted as the years go on........

What happened to the indigenous people here was wrong-------along with what happened to the Irish (England), Koreans and Taiwan (Japan), Tutsis in Rwanda (extremist Hutus), Jews (Nazis), Aztecs (Spain), etc.

The past cannot be undone.

Note too that oftentimes the legacy left by the conquerers was not all bad. Ireland comes to mind; the 'hated' English by forcing the former country to speak that language has paid off handsomely today. Ireland's per capita income is higher than the USA even.

The big difference is that the illegal immigrants here are just that-------illegal.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
If the US purged all ILLEGAL Aliens yesterday, I would still be pissed off tommorow that this was allowed to happen. Future historians should compare it to removing a tick.I really dont care for their employers so to hell with the ag fields in salinas valley or *** in hotels.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:28 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If the US purged all ILLEGAL Aliens yesterday, I would still be pissed off tommorow that this was allowed to happen. Future historians should compare it to removing a tick.I really dont care for their employers so to hell with the ag fields in salinas valley or *** in hotels.
LOL I stay in a hotel about once a year. Who cares that they now have to pay legal wages to legal citizens? I do.. They didnt charge less because they hired illegals. They pocketed the extra cash.
The ag fields. Well with no illegals stealing the work this would in turn force the gov to increase the number of work visa's. But now the ag who claim to pay quite well, will have to pay legals quite well.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:54 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
I guess a dishonest historian might do so, or one who flunked history.

Quote:
Imagine the catastropic effects of predatory home lending. Wait a minute... We don't have to imagine anything. We can see the effects right now.

Next question.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:07 PM

19 posts, read 32,582 times
Are you kidding! Illegal is illegal. Americans did a great job before the "invasion" and we will continue to do a great job.

We might go through a terrible recession because the banks decided to allow illegal immigrants to get housing loans.

Under the Bush administration EVERYTHING is collapsing.

Wait until we get a president in the White House that will finally enforce our laws! Like Romney, Paul or Thompson.

www.alipac.com

Old 01-08-2008, 03:17 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
Did we run out of prisoners?
Or teens? My son spent nearly a year trying to find a first local job. They were all handed to illegals because they can pay them cash which is much below minimum wage. It's time to get them out of here, give the jobs back to the teens so they can learn important career skills, and let the economy work the way it's supposed to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration