Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 06:22 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Somebody has to know something concerning the "how", "why", and "what" of things. Otherwise, how would we fight the common cold? Or make proper legistation? Total ignorance isn't something that should be lauded.

If you are truly an "activist", you need to know the entire story.
I'll leave it to medical scientists to cure the common cold. It is beyond my expertise. But we can all agree that a cold is a complete negative and we do know that it is contageous and can be picked up anywhere. In the meantime till science comes up with a cure I will try to cure my own with the necessary resources to do so.

I will disregard your usual attempt to belittle by using the word ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 06:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What That 1guy is talking about is Analytical troubleshooting.
Simply put one must start with an accurate problem statement.
For example. The USA is being invaded by more illegals than we can facilitate primarily from south of the border.
Now you need to ask some valid questions.
The what, The where, the why
These questions need to be accurate and pertaining to the problem statement.
The what: 10 million + illegals
The where: Primarily from south of the border but also other regions
The why: Corrupt businesses offer them higher wages than they can earn at home, combined with a complete lack of regard to our laws on the part of the illegals.
Now you move on to the harder part. The should v.s the should not
The should. Immigrants apply for VISA's and are accepted based on back ground checks, the nations need for applicants skills and proof that applicant will be able to support themselves or have a willing sponsor.
The should not: Immigrants are entering without permission nor regard to laws. Ineffective enforcement at the border and ineffective policing of businesses that hire them. As a result unqualified and unverified immigrants have entered in mass.

There could be 100 should should not statements. This is just an example.

Solution phase: This is where it gets really hard.
Now you list potential solutions along with potential problems caused by solutions.
If someone wants to start a thread and we can do the drill I'll help out.
I actually teach this course where I work.
Thank you, professor.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:26 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Of course we will never be able to end illegal immigration completely but if we take all the right steps to deter it and protect our nation it can be brought down to a trickle.

Foster the middle class? The middle class is being destroyed by illegal immigration.

No, what needs to change is our politicians PC attitudes in exchange for votes and money and instead make them accountable to the citizens of this country and not the corporate elite and illegal foreigners. That is what is causing great harm to our nation. There is nothing extremist or radical about expecting our immigration laws to be respected especially since we now know the harm that it causes.

We'll never be able to end rape, drug abuse, or fraud, either....but I'd like to see us keep up the struggle to try. So we should 'get used' to these things, because we'll 'never get rid of them ?'...Fantastic.

Foster the middle class? The entire CONCEPT of illegal immigration, from start to finish, is about as inimical to the existence...or the continuation...of the middle class as anything could BE. It's like "Fostering" small business by taxing them out of existence, while encouraging shoplifters! Like 'enhancing' police/ community cooperation, by promoting gang activity. This is AMAZING!...

Old 12-30-2009, 06:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Why do you even bother posting if you repeat yourself verbatim? It's kind of dumb.
Why do you keep posting the same thing? There will be no amnesty---------the party is over for illegal aliens.

Face it: the pendulum of public opinion is tipping against illegals---------and, their enablers as well.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:37 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you, professor.
Its what I do

Old 12-30-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
We'll never be able to end rape, drug abuse, or fraud, either....but I'd like to see us keep up the struggle to try. So we should 'get used' to these things, because we'll 'never get rid of them ?'...Fantastic.

Foster the middle class? The entire CONCEPT of illegal immigration, from start to finish, is about as inimical to the existence...or the continuation...of the middle class as anything could BE. It's like "Fostering" small business by taxing them out of existence, while encouraging shoplifters! Like 'enhancing' police/ community cooperation, by promoting gang activity. This is AMAZING!...
It truly is amazing, isn't it? The so-called logic by some is mind baffling.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
people dont "cross over" they are recruited by american business.
the same business that lobbies BP to go easy on enforcement.
the problem is here not in mexico. unions would greatly reduce this problem as they have in france, but americans hate unions.
american labor is anti labor.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:46 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

That is precisely why the pro-illegal arguments are so asinine. Why would we want to accept illegal aliens simply because they are here? How is that a solution?

Old 12-30-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That is precisely why the pro-illegal arguments are so asinine. Why would we want to accept illegal aliens simply because they are here? How is that a solution?
That's because they are only interested in a solution for the illegal aliens and not what is best for our country and its citizens. Oh, they will claim that our economy will go into the tubes, etc. and thereby it IS in our national interest to amnesty them but anyone with half a brain knows otherwise. Any downturn would only be temporary and then if needed we can import more legal immigrants to fill jobs. Short term loss (if any) but long term gain by sending them home.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
people dont "cross over" they are recruited by american business.
the same business that lobbies BP to go easy on enforcement.
the problem is here not in mexico. unions would greatly reduce this problem as they have in france, but americans hate unions.
american labor is anti labor.
That may be true in some cases but not most. Word of mouth is that if they make it over they "may" get a job.

I disagree that most Americans hate unions. Not sure what you mean by American labor is anti-labor either. Mexico is one of the problems. I think we all know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration