U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 08:17 AM

44 posts, read 220,345 times

Advertisements

BahamaBreeze, you make some excellent points in your posts. Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 02:26 AM

197 posts, read 231,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaBreeze View Post
In reply to "Latin" culture in South Florida, I post this thread on the American "culture," or lack thereof, that I've seen in South Florida.
American "culture" is as diverse as the individuals who comprise it. There are the educated as well the ignorant.
I know that there are many on this forum that are educated. Unfortunately, many that post here, as is there right, are not, yet, too few stand up and voice sensible opinions.
How many here realize that it is the idiotic and in many cases illegal US foreign policy in Central / South America and the Caribbean that has resulted in the immigration in Florida that they so bitterly lament? How many realize that billions have been sucked out of the middle class in Florida from the real estate pyramid scheme? Yet, do those that rant in this forum rail against the political system/corrupt politicians? No, they rant and spew venon against stereotypes they no nothing about.
Without making it into a general political forum and thereby moved elsewhere, a discussion could take place on US policies that effect Florida without the prejudiced/racist remarks I so often read in this forum.

Hispanics have re-vitalized south florida, and all the other important cities in the US including, NYC, Boston , SF, San Antonio, Seattle, Chicago, etc, anglo predominant cities are pretty dead and with bad economy, by the end of this century, hispanic culture will predominate in this coutry.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:06 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaBreeze View Post
I also disagree with the wet /dry foot policy.
And I'm Cuban!
Nobody has pointed this out yet, so I will: the person this policy helps most in the entire planet is Castro himself; it gives him a release valve when the unrest gets too heavy.
I've talked too many that left the island and they all agree. If Castro had not been able to send his political prisoners, political dissidents and those who who where just fed up here to the U.S., then he would not have been able to survive.
Instead what happens? He sends those that could oppose him here and then sends the scum of his jails! For good measure he also sends plenty of spies, as well reported by the Herald.
The effect on South Florida of Mariel in 79 was horrible. People forget about the 82 mass immigration, no better.
The present policy only serves Castro. It does not serve the U.S. It definitely does not help Florida and it doesn't even help the Cuban refugees that wish for a free Cuba.
In a perfect, or at least a better world, Charlie Crist would sue Washington for the cost to Florida of illegal immigrants. The stupid dry/wet policy would disapper also.
Yes, that's one good reason to oppose these policities. It removes all opposition to a corrupt government, by making it very easy for those who would be most inclined to work for positive change, it makes it possible for dictators like Fidel Castro to remain in power even when he's so weak and frail he can't stand up on his own.

It destroyed Cuba to allow Castro opponents to simply pack up and head to Florida and get their refugee benefits.

Just like in Mexico, massive emigration is leading to instability of many regions of that country, the very people who could work to improve their nation are packing up by the millions and heading out because it's simply too easy to leave and not stay to work for a better life there.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:10 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Hispanics have re-vitalized south florida, and all the other important cities in the US including, NYC, Boston , SF, San Antonio, Seattle, Chicago, etc, anglo predominant cities are pretty dead and with bad economy, by the end of this century, hispanic culture will predominate in this coutry.
You really are a racist. If they can revitalize a country, then why not revitalize their own so they don't have to leave and "hispanics" are not the only groups in those places you mention. There are Jamaicans, Hatians and even some whites left in south Florida. There are Irish-, German- and other Americans in NYC, Boston so it's impossible to give credit to immigrants from Latin American nations who could not revitalize their own homelands.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:14 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Just remember something here:

Be very careful what you wish for being Hispanic culture is White supremacist. Why I bring that up is us Nordic White Anglos would still part of the elite; much like today's Mexico. Read that the Mestizos, Blacks, etc. could quite possibly lose many of their rights---------------like most of the pro illegal Chicanos.

Again: be careful what you wish for--------------it could hurt you ethnocentrics very badly.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You really are a racist. If they can revitalize a country, then why not revitalize their own so they don't have to leave and "hispanics" are not the only groups in those places you mention. There are Jamaicans, Hatians and even some whites left in south Florida. There are Irish-, German- and other Americans in NYC, Boston so it's impossible to give credit to immigrants from Latin American nations who could not revitalize their own homelands.
Thatís the $10M question that ethnocentric Hispanics refuse to answer. I guess itís because they canít.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:20 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,903,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thatís the $10M question that ethnocentric Hispanics refuse to answer. I guess itís because they canít.
For the first time I have to disagree with you. They can answer the question but to do so truthfully would simply confirm how irrational, ridiculous, delusional and foolish they truly are.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:09 PM

5,775 posts, read 6,978,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I agree the wet foot dry foot policy is an unfair policy, to any other immigrant. One group of people is allowed to stay, yet people from other countries are sent back.
It's one of the ignorant Cold War era policies in my opinion. I think it partially has to do with Communism and that we have no relations with them.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:46 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,775,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
It's one of the ignorant Cold War era policies in my opinion. I think it partially has to do with Communism and that we have no relations with them.
Ya think ! Wasn't it JFK had all of Cuban refugee's trained by the CIA, then , let them all die on the beaches? Belive they called it the "Bay of pigs" and 10,000 Cuban's were slaughtered because the "President" wouldn't give them the air support he promised. Everyone remembers the "missle confrontation", most don't remember the Cuban patriots. I agree it's a double standard, but, I can respect the fact they fought to regain thier country. " wet foot, dry foot" policy needs to change, but, don't think its going to happen soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or