Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 05:03 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,790,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
What do you mean claiming? Since they're muslim, they're the same as Islamics? Maybe it'd be best to stop generalizing.
By the way, why did your ancestors come here instead of fighting for their side in their own country?
Seems a lot easier to say when one's lived a life of comfort thanks to their forefathers who immigrated.
You get to enjoy this country, but their grandchildren don't.
You left out the key word about those European Immigrants. Shoud have read Immigrated LEGALLY!!!

Old 01-03-2010, 05:11 PM

313 posts, read 344,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
You left out the key word about those European Immigrants. Shoud have read Immigrated LEGALLY!!!
Who was talking about Europeans? Europeans good, others bad? Think it mightve been a little easier to immigrate in those days? Think that might be what needs to be reformed as far as immigration?

Is that even the point when we were talking about people "fleeing" their countries instead of staying and "fighting"? Why's it okay for all those Europeans to have "fled their problems", but not the newer breed of immigrant?

Old 01-03-2010, 07:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Who was talking about Europeans? Europeans good, others bad? Think it mightve been a little easier to immigrate in those days? Think that might be what needs to be reformed as far as immigration?

Is that even the point when we were talking about people "fleeing" their countries instead of staying and "fighting"? Why's it okay for all those Europeans to have "fled their problems", but not the newer breed of immigrant?
Could it be immigration laws? Laws that the entire world recognizes as legitimate?
The difference is that its a modern world with laws. Laws based on what each and every nation considers tio be in their best interest.
Laws that are not impossible and not at all unfair.
Fair being the operative word. We as a nation like all other nations have a right to determine what is appropriate to fill our needs.
I would have no issue if the laws reflected what many if not most nations require. Proof of financial stability. The ability to support oneself once here. A sponsor that assumes responsibility for you.
A demand for your skills that this nation can't fill on its own. I am fairly certain that laws such as these could only be a benefit to this nation.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Could it be immigration laws? Laws that the entire world recognizes as legitimate?
The difference is that its a modern world with laws. Laws based on what each and every nation considers tio be in their best interest.
Laws that are not impossible and not at all unfair.
Fair being the operative word. We as a nation like all other nations have a right to determine what is appropriate to fill our needs.
I would have no issue if the laws reflected what many if not most nations require. Proof of financial stability. The ability to support oneself once here. A sponsor that assumes responsibility for you.
A demand for your skills that this nation can't fill on its own. I am fairly certain that laws such as these could only be a benefit to this nation.
Try to comprehend better, and you would realize I was implying that it was easier to immigrate for the "better immigrants".

Old 01-03-2010, 07:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
they have found koran and pray rugs abandoned on the border here. strange stuff for a campesino.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
How is America more oblicated to accept immigrants fleeing prosection or poverty than other nations. And when the first European immigrants came to America they were not employed by native Americans or Mexicans who lived in the southwest. European immigrants brough God given know how and created jobs, wealth and infrastructure.
What kind of ethnocentric crap is that? God given know how? They exploited the hell out of anyone in their path! Put down that 1960s history book.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Try to comprehend better, and you would realize I was implying that it was easier to immigrate for the "better immigrants".
As it should be. Why do we need to assume additional burden? I understood what you were saying.
I simply answered your question. There is a huge difference today as compared to 100 or 200 years ago.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As it should be. Why do we need to assume additional burden? I understood what you were saying.
I simply answered your question. There is a huge difference today as compared to 100 or 200 years ago.
It should be easier for immigrants from Europe than Latin America? Burden? So you're against legal immigration?

Old 01-03-2010, 07:41 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
What kind of ethnocentric crap is that? God given know how? They exploited the hell out of anyone in their path! Put down that 1960s history book.
Recently banned poster alert........whoop whoop

It took a while but now your writing style is coming out. You like the word "crap" a lot along with a plethora of forum rule breaking. This won't take long.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:45 PM

706 posts, read 939,753 times
Quote:
It should be easier for immigrants from Europe than Latin America? Burden? So you're against legal immigration?

Am I missing something ? Aren't we discussing illegal aliens rather than Immigrants ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration