U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

What will these desperate pro-illegals think of next?

Quote:
Racism is behind the movement against illegal immigration in America, Rachel Heuman, head of the Immigrant Advocacy Project in Evanston, said at a community forum Saturday in Elgin.

Moreover, she said she fears a "bloodbath" of increased violence against Hispanics if comprehensive immigration reform fails.

The lively discussion at the forum also focused on studying the issue in order to combat ignorance and hatred, how demand for cheap labor helps drives illegal immigration, how families are ripped apart when one or both spouses are deported, and realizing immigration reform is key to the future of the country.
Daily Herald | Immigration reform needed to avert violence, speaker says (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=348084&src=5 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 796,028 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What will these desperate pro-illegals think of next?


Daily Herald | Immigration reform needed to avert violence, speaker says (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=348084&src=5 - broken link)

Moreover, she said she fears a "bloodbath" of increased violence against Hispanics if comprehensive immigration reform fails.


She did provide the necessary documentation concerning the stats regarding crimes against hispanics by non hispanics and how it has increased, didn't she ?

And , vice-versa, of course.....

I think Ms.hueman (oxymoron) , like Larry Lopez, is using fear to save herself from sinking into oblivion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 03:33 PM
 
313 posts, read 295,115 times
Reputation: 44
Hatred Against Latinos is Rising, Even in Schools - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 03:51 PM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 796,028 times
Reputation: 179
"According to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)"

Another reliable,non biased source....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 03:54 PM
 
313 posts, read 295,115 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
"According to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)"

Another reliable,non biased source....

Quote:
Hate crimes targeting Latinos increased again in 2007, capping a 40% rise in the four years since 2003, according to FBI statistics (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2007/index.html - broken link) released earlier this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
So, you think that legalizing 20 million criminals is going to make them MORE popular and less likely to be a victim of hate crimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 04:10 PM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
So, you think that legalizing 20 million criminals is going to make them MORE popular and less likely to be a victim of hate crimes?
Illegal immigrants would at least gain support from the government and can report any crime without fear. Reporting these violent acts will raise awareness. Yes, I do think it will at least drop some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 04:14 PM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 796,028 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post

While I consider the FBI a better source of info and stats than the splc....The same report You posted also cautions :


Hate Crime Statistics provides a nationwide view of hate crime based on statistics contributed by local, county, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies. Although many of the listed factors equally affect the crime of a particular area, the UCR Program makes no attempt to relate them to the data presented. The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing statistical data of individual reporting units from cities, counties, metropolitan areas, states, or colleges or universities solely on the basis of the statistics provided. Until data users examine all the variables that affect crime in a town, city, county, state, region, or college or university, they can make no meaningful comparisons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 04:16 PM
 
313 posts, read 295,115 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
While I consider the FBI a better source of info and stats than the splc....The same report You posted also cautions :


Hate Crime Statistics provides a nationwide view of hate crime based on statistics contributed by local, county, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies. Although many of the listed factors equally affect the crime of a particular area, the UCR Program makes no attempt to relate them to the data presented. The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing statistical data of individual reporting units from cities, counties, metropolitan areas, states, or colleges or universities solely on the basis of the statistics provided. Until data users examine all the variables that affect crime in a town, city, county, state, region, or college or university, they can make no meaningful comparisons.
And what exactly does that mean to you? That hate crimes against Latinos haven't risen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 04:41 PM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 796,028 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
And what exactly does that mean to you? That hate crimes against Latinos haven't risen?

From my perspective, it simply means that by using the data, as presented, it could lead to a very misleading conclusion

Do You believe all of the facts that come from the government ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top