Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2007, 10:01 PM

452 posts, read 1,132,062 times

Advertisements

It just keeps getting better and better(sarcasm)

Quote:
Ken Boehm, Chairman of the National Legal and Policy Center (NLPC), today criticized the immigration bill crafted in secret by Senators led by Ted Kennedy (D-MA) and Arlen Specter (news, bio, voting record) (R-PA).

Boehm said, "If passed, this bill will make taxpayers pay the legal bills for illegal aliens seeking amnesty. Tucked away on page 317 is a provision that would allow lawyers in the federally-funded legal services program to represent illegal aliens, which they are presently barred from doing."

John Carlisle, NLPC’s Director of Policy, said, "Many taxpayers will be chagrined to learn they may soon have to provide a lawyer for illegal aliens who should not be here in the first place. Activist lawyers, illegal aliens and government money are a bad mix."

The federally-funded Legal Services Corporation (LSC) supports s a network of lawyers in hundreds of communities in the country to provide civil (not criminal) day-to-day legal help to poor people. This year, LSC will receive $330 million. Since it was founded in 1974, LSC has received over $6 billion.

The authorizing language states:

Section 504(a)(11) of Public Law 104-134 (110 Stat. 1321 et seq.) shall
not be construed to prevent a recipient of funds under the Legal Services
Corporation Act (42 U.S.C. 2996 et seq.) from providing legal assistance
directly related to an application for a Z-A visa under subsection (b) or
an adjustment of status under subsection (j).
Story Continues,
http://wehategringos.com/whg/?p=1762 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 10:25 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
Lou Dobbs was talking about this. Unbelievable that our own government would be doing this. I hate to say it but what this has come down to is, we are now in a war on illegal immigration. And the war has progressed so far we are no longer fighting it against the illegal aliens. The war being fought is American citizens against our very own government.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 PM

642 posts, read 3,072,120 times
Wow. Just WOW! Thank you for posting this chloedog. Unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
It just keeps getting better and better(sarcasm)

Story Continues,
http://wehategringos.com/whg/?p=1762 (broken link)

Old 05-23-2007, 07:33 PM

90 posts, read 264,550 times
The more we find out about this bill the more I think it should be entitled "The Comprehensive Way to Destroy America at the American's Expense Act"

Old 05-24-2007, 08:40 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Lou Dobbs was talking about this. Unbelievable that our own government would be doing this. I hate to say it but what this has come down to is, we are now in a war on illegal immigration. And the war has progressed so far we are no longer fighting it against the illegal aliens. The war being fought is American citizens against our very own government.
Ditto. The real criminals are in our own government. I never thought the day would come but apparently is has. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I have to believe that there is some dark, underlying master plan in all of this because it makes absolutely no sense for a country to cut its own throat as is apparently the case.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:52 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
You guy's are right on the money, our government has turned agianst us, they don't care about us one little bit and there will come a time when the USA will go through anouther revolution and the people will have to take back what they have lost.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:00 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Ditto. The real criminals are in our own government. I never thought the day would come but apparently is has. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I have to believe that there is some dark, underlying master plan in all of this because it makes absolutely no sense for a country to cut its own throat as is apparently the case.
Sure there is...it's called the Security and Prosperity Partnership, a synonym for the North American Union.

Bush, along with most of our elected representation, is a globalist. His vision for America includes no borders and one great big happy "Union" which includes Mexico, the country formerly known as the United States of America, and Canada. That way, Mexican drug lords can control the ten lane highway they intend to build from the Texas/Mexico border, through the U.S. to Canada and we can import enough poverty into our former country to ensure the total and utter annihilation of the middle class, leaving the dictator Bush with his wet dream for America, the extremely rich upper class and the rest of us excrutiatingly poor peasants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration