U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 01:37 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,042,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
This could be solved very easily, because we don't need to send them back. Any that don't go should be put on road gangs and fed green baloney sandwiches like they do down in Arizona at that tent city jail where it's 115 degrees in the shade. Remember, these illegals are all criminals, every single one of them. So we need to treat them like criminals. Not reward them. The only reason they are here in the first place is because they know there are no consequences to their actions. They can get caught a dozen times and never go to jail. We as a nation are literally paying them to break our law.

You get rep points for that post,. They need to treated like criminals and not like they're here on vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 12:47 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,898,769 times
Yes, rounded up 24/7 one at a time. So that the message is LOUD and CLEAR that NO MORE are tolerated. Bologne, yumm..... How to send them back? On the slow boat....

Old 05-27-2007, 01:54 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,006,882 times
Another efficient way of rounding them up would be for ICE to run a sting. You know, like the way cities sometimes do to round up felons. They mail out prize notifications to four or five hundred known criminals, and usually a hundred or so show up to collect their prizes. Which turns out to be a pair of handcuffs and a jail sentence.

Seriously though, the biggest problem we face today in conducting internal enforcement raids is the refusal of our very own government to acknowledge that these illegals are criminals.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:03 PM

1,663 posts, read 2,216,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Stop handing out the freebies, make it impossible for anyone in this country illegally to get a job, enforce current law and secure our borders.

That is how you deport illegal aliens. End the reasons they are coming here, take away the free food, medical care, education, housing, and jobs, and they will have no reason to stay.

Deportation through attrition.
Kele...you are so right on! You totally hit the nail on the head. I cannot see why our President and Senators can't see this! They need to come down from their ivory towers and see what we have to put up with! I think they have forgotten that they took an oath to uphold the Constitution and the laws of our Country, and that they represent U.S. Citizens...not illegal alians who chose to ignore our laws and come here ahead of those already waiting in line!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 07:33 PM

985 posts, read 2,505,637 times
Default Here is the fastest way to get rid of Illegals

*In my opinion, this should only be done after you create some sort of "legal" path of immigration other than marriage or "sneaking skill"... I think that the proposed reform does a reasonably good job of this*

First raise the fine for employing an illegal immigrant to the lesser of either $50,000 per illegal worker or 100% of business assets. This will supersede all other debt claims except mortgages (i.e. credit cards, etc will likely be SOL).

Second Give a free Green Card to the first illegal immigrant at a jobsite who can prove that they have been hired illegally for at least 1 month.

Third Any other illegal immigrants at the jobsite must immediately choose between either the "deportation and $5,000 fine to return" that we've been hearing about, or just plain deportation, no return (if they have been committing crimes, guess which choice is eliminated).

The fines will more than pay for the additional enforcement and deportation costs in the beginning... after a few months of people losing their entire business, employers will be far to scared to hire anyone else... Also, lenders and other people with a debt interest will only do business with people that can prove they have all legal workers.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 07:44 PM

9 posts, read 13,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawo View Post
Illegals are not only from central and south America
They come from all over the world.
I wonder how much would it cost to send all these people back to their respective countries. Africa,China, India, The Carribean, Europe,Phillipines,Austrailia,
Just to name a few
What ever it cost to send them back, is less expensive than letting them stay.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:47 PM

26,917 posts, read 38,168,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawo View Post
Illegals are not only from central and south America
They come from all over the world.
I wonder how much would it cost to send all these people back to their respective countries. Africa,China, India, The Carribean, Europe,Phillipines,Austrailia,
Just to name a few
Enlist the lot of them and send them to Iraq to fight. If they survive they're citizens. Won't cost any more than it does to send our own over there.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:49 PM

26,917 posts, read 38,168,652 times
Quote:
First raise the fine for employing an illegal immigrant to the lesser of either $50,000 per illegal worker or 100% of business assets. This will supersede all other debt claims except mortgages (i.e. credit cards, etc will likely be SOL).
They don't fine companies or their management now. What makes you think this will work?

Old 05-27-2007, 09:06 PM

985 posts, read 2,505,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
They don't fine companies or their management now. What makes you think this will work?
That's the rub, isn't it? I wonder why they don't, and I think it has something to do with the massive escalation in the last 6 years.

Immigrants arrive to work... No jobs (illegal or otherwise), no immigrants.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:33 AM

19,237 posts, read 11,152,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
That's the rub, isn't it? I wonder why they don't, and I think it has something to do with the massive escalation in the last 6 years.

Immigrants arrive to work... No jobs (illegal or otherwise), no immigrants.
Supply and demand-- nobody gets this-no job offers no reason to come- they do NOT want to punish the company who hires, it's all lame fines and warnings- slaps on the wrist. but when you mention throwing the ABC company's CEO in jail for hiring an illegal- they have a sissy fit and blame it back on the immigrant... they used to apply for visas to come work n go home year after year- the EMPLOYERS stop wanting to pay for the visas, and do the right thing- Ask your neighbor on the hill,,, why does he hire illegals- then ask the other neighbor on the other hill why he sent all his jobs over seas,,, it is a two sided coin, with employment. Then there is the sex morons who buy boys n girls as toys at the tune of 30K a yr,,, when they ready for a new toy these folks just throw them out in the streets,,, ask that neighbor why? then you last neighbor on the hill-has huge investments that look great- but they really running dope-- after all- it's the little boys and gilrs on the hill who consume the very expensive drugs... you need to check on your neighbors- gotta clean up on our own doorstep- first dont ya think? I am sure nobody will agree,,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or