U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 08:37 AM

451 posts, read 1,016,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Snow promises immigration plan builds fence
'President does support it because he thinks it's good for security'

Let me tell you what the president believes about the legislation, rather than trying to pick a personal fight, which is always more tangy, but less useful from my standpoint," Snow said.

Snow promised not only will the immigration proposal build border fencing and provide for unmanned aerial vehicles to monitor other parts of the border between the U.S. and Mexico, it dedicates more to border security than ever in U.S. history.

"This is not the bill [that] was laid out before Congress last year. It is serious, it is substantive, and the president does support it because he thinks it's good for security and also because he believes – and I think the chairman of the Texas Republican Party would probably agree – it's important to know who is here illegally."

"This bill gives us the capacity to do that for the first time. It gives us the capacity to make sure whether people are working or not. It also allows those who are involved in legal work, in law enforcement, to be able to narrow down the focus not to 11 million people, but to those who really do present a clear and present threat, or a conceivable threat to American safety, so that we can go ahead and deal with those sorts of problems and get the people out of the country," Snow said.
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55826

Hey Everybody!!!! We don't have to worry about criminal immigration anymore...Tony Snow promises that the fence will be built...If Tony says it will, then it will. I guess criminal immigration is over so now city-data can take immigration off their site.

This time the new bill is "serious" and "substantive"...Huh! I guess the current laws regarding criminal immigration must have lost their seriousness and substantive ness over the years...I guess that will happen to a law when the government ignores it for so long.

"The president thinks its good for security"...The Presmexident cares about security all of a sudden...I guess the last 20 million or so criminals running around while on his watch is a bad thing...The Presmexident cant have 20 million criminals running around so, I guess the best solution is to make them all legal or give them all "Z-visa's", they should call them "A-visa's"(Amnesty Visa's). "Its important to know who is here illegally"...Ya!!! I think almost 7 years after 9/11 that would be important.

This is some of the most absurd comments I have seen in regards to the new bill. I for one think that the laws we currently have would work just fine if the government would enforce them. Everyone of these politicians want to parade around in front of the cameras flashing everyone of us their disgusting immigration bill…Reminds me of Brittney, Paris, and Lohan parading around, flashing their disgusting rank looking biscuits. If it looks like cheese and smells like cheese…its cheese!! I guess I should say If it looks like Amnesty…..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 08:40 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Tony Snow is Bush's lap dog.

If his lips are moving, he's lying.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:56 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Tony Snow is full of it - he's been nothing more than a mouthpiece for Bush for the last 6 years. He was the White House Press Secretary even before he took that office.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:57 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
When it comes to illegal immigration I don't believe anything Tony Snow or George Bush says. The fact is we are in the middle of a war on illegal immigration. And the war has progressed to the point where we are not even fighting the illegal aliens anymore. The war is the American people against our own government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration