Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,184,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
How have you done that? By saying you think the murder victim is a bad guy?
Honestly, how do a group of teenagers, who are yelling ETHNIC slurs by the way, killing ONE MAN manslaughter and not murder?

Again, what is the basis of your insinuating he is a "child rapist"? That he is a bad guy?

Where's the info that he was a "drug dealer"?

You don't even know these things. Your'e just rushing to defend the "good ol' boys"
LOL you sure do assume a lot.
1. he is a criminal.
2. He was having a relationship with a 15 year old girl.
3 He was cheating on his wife and mother of 2 young children.
These 3 things alone make him a scum bag.
I can call Joe Piazza a no good wop guinny SOB get in a fight with him and have him die and it not be murder. For it to be murder It needs to be premeditated. In other words I planned to kill Joe from the onset.
In this case the boys saw a scum bag who happened to be hispanic. He would have been a scumbag no matter what race. His actions not his race make him the scumbag.
The Jocks start a fight with the scum bag demonstrating that they too are scumbags. The fight gets carried away and the multiple scumbags really pound the single scum bag. Thats manslaughter because it has not been proven that anyone planned for what happened that evening.
Luis the scum bag died at the hands of scumbags who happen to play high school football. Is it tragic? Only that any scumbags at all exist. Luis is a victim only to other criminal scum bags. In short this world is a better place because of his death. It will be a better place if those jocks and all like them also meet there ends.
I will be honest with you. If were on that jury I would not have found guilty of murder unless it could be proven that the jocks had planned to kill Luis all along. Calling him names proves only that the jocks were racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 11:04 AM

313 posts, read 343,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL you sure do assume a lot.
1. he is a criminal.
2. He was having a relationship with a 15 year old girl.
3 He was cheating on his wife and mother of 2 young children.
These 3 things alone make him a scum bag.
I can call Joe Piazza a no good wop guinny SOB get in a fight with him and have him die and it not be murder. For it to be murder It needs to be premeditated. In other words I planned to kill Joe from the onset.
In this case the boys saw a scum bag who happened to be hispanic. He would have been a scumbag no matter what race. His actions not his race make him the scumbag.
The Jocks start a fight with the scum bag demonstrating that they too are scumbags. The fight gets carried away and the multiple scumbags really pound the single scum bag. Thats manslaughter because it has not been proven that anyone planned for what happened that evening.
Luis the scum bag died at the hands of scumbags who happen to play high school football. Is it tragic? Only that any scumbags at all exist. Luis is a victim only to other criminal scum bags. In short this world is a better place because of his death. It will be a better place if those jocks and all like them also meet there ends.
I will be honest with you. If were on that jury I would not have found guilty of murder unless it could be proven that the jocks had planned to kill Luis all along. Calling him names proves only that the jocks were racist.

Yeah, you're from Pennsylvania...Shenandoah? Your statements show you'd probably fit in with that slack jawed jury that couldn't imagine sending good, white, star athletes to jail just because of a Mexican illegal "pedophile".

You're being content with this lack of justice, and obviously biased, corrupt court decision show's how in line you are with the negative side of America.
I'll side with the "Justice for all" part of America.

I think the jury was full of people like you who lets your own judgment cloud your mind. You're more angry at the murdered than the murdererS!

What's in the water out there.

"Luis is a victim only to other criminal scum bags. In short this world is a better place because of his death"
We need less people like you in America.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:49 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,645,406 times
lynch mobs are never good.

regardless of the allegations about the victim, we as the public do not have a right to partake in vigilante justice.

i dont know if he[victim] was a saint or not. i would not ASSume he was a sinner, and to this point most of the "evidence" against his character was hearsay and allegations. ultimately it would have been for courts to decide wha type of person he was.

with that said. this was a tragedy. someone was murdered. those who murdered him should pay.

simple as that.
i dont like pedophiles, but its not my job to go hunting them down and killing them. i dont lurk on sex offender registrys looking for "bad guys" to kill. (of course those on the registry ARE CONVICTED of sex crimes, not just rumored)

Old 01-11-2010, 03:17 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,325,479 times
The guy's immigration status, relationship history and occupation don't change the fact that he was murdered. Theoretically, An undocumented, drug dealer pedophile getting murdered in the first degree should be penalized the same as a doctor who cured cancer who gets murdered in the first degree. Murder is murder.

You see kids who beat homeless people to death get life in prison, why should this case be any different?

Old 01-11-2010, 03:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,558,141 times
If you come to this country illegally, expect the worst.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Yeah, you're from Pennsylvania...Shenandoah? Your statements show you'd probably fit in with that slack jawed jury that couldn't imagine sending good, white, star athletes to jail just because of a Mexican illegal "pedophile".

You're being content with this lack of justice, and obviously biased, corrupt court decision show's how in line you are with the negative side of America.
I'll side with the "Justice for all" part of America.

I think the jury was full of people like you who lets your own judgment cloud your mind. You're more angry at the murdered than the murdererS!

What's in the water out there.

"Luis is a victim only to other criminal scum bags. In short this world is a better place because of his death"
We need less people like you in America.
Oh wow my feelings are hurt. Not at all. No I live about 100 miles from the crime scene. I just don't care when criminals kill each other it is that simple. I won't care if these boys once sent to jail meet their fate. I am not taking sides on this. How many times must I say it. I don't care if criminals kill each other. Its what they deserve anyway.Luis stepped so far out of line its not even a guess. How many fathers would like to string up a guy like Luis for chasing their 15 year old daughters? If you had a 15 year old daughter being lead astray by a a guy like Luis you would want him to be strung up.
He was an illegal. Perhaps if he obeyed our laws and stayed where he belonged he would still be alive today. Thats what happens when you opt to live outside of the law. Bad things happen.
I am not more angry with Luis than the thugs that killed him. I just don't care what happens to criminals. Especially when they also happen to be pedophiles.
No you are angry with the Jury. You should be angry with the prosecution for not making their case.
You keep calling it murder. I posted the definition of murder for you. Now who is ignorant here. You refuse to accept the extablished definition.
I am so sorry for you but I don't care about criminals killing criminals. I care about innocent victims. People whose only mistake was being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Luis just does not qualify as that.
LOL you make me laugh.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
If you come to this country illegally, expect the worst.
I don't think people should ever have to expect they are going to be murdered, regardless of the circumstances.

However, I think the real problem with the scenario is the lack of punishment for the murderers, not the crime itself.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
The guy's immigration status, relationship history and occupation don't change the fact that he was murdered. Theoretically, An undocumented, drug dealer pedophile getting murdered in the first degree should be penalized the same as a doctor who cured cancer who gets murdered in the first degree. Murder is murder.

You see kids who beat homeless people to death get life in prison, why should this case be any different?
In some of the states, by legislative enactments, murder has been divided into degrees. In Pennsylvania, the act of April 22, 1794, makes "all murder which shall be perpetrated by means of poison, or by lying in wait, or by any other kind of wilful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or which shall be committed in the perpetration or attempt to perpetrate, any arson, rape, robbery, or burglary, shall be deemed murder of the first degree; and all other kinds of murder shall be deemed murder of the second degree; and the jury before whom any person indicted for murder shall be tried, shall, if they find the person guilty thereof, ascertain in their verdict, whether it be murder of the first or second degree; but if such person shall be convicted by confession, the court shall proceed by examination of witnesses, to determine the degree of the crime, and give sentence accordingly.

In other words to be charged for Murder in PA it must be proven that the accused actually planned before hand. As in a mob boss sending his goons to kill someone. Or a wife poisoning her husband until he dies.
In this case they intent was to put a beat down on a pedophile who also happened to be a hispanic illegal from Mexico. They got carried away and killed their victim. Manslaughter would most likely be the correct charge.

Aggrivated assault:An unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. Although actual injury is not a requirement this type of assault usually is accompanied by the use of a weapon or by means likely to produce death or great bodily harm.
Hmmm seems to be a closer fit. But wait!!
MANSLAUGHTER - The unlawful killing of a human being without malice or premeditation, either express or implied; distinguished from murder, which requires malicious intent.

The cases of manslaughter may be classed as follows those which take place in consequence of: 1. Provocation. 2. Mutual combat. 3. Resistance to public officers, etc. 4. Killing in the prosecution of an unlawful or wanton act. 5. Killing in the prosecution of a lawful act, improperly performed, or performed without lawful authority.
And here we have it.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I don't think people should ever have to expect they are going to be murdered, regardless of the circumstances.

However, I think the real problem with the scenario is the lack of punishment for the murderers, not the crime itself.
Agreed. However it is a fairly common occurance that criminals meet their fate at the hands of other criminals. That is the consequence of a criminal life style.
The Jocks should have been found guilty of a crime. I blame the prosecution for not doing their job. Just like in the OJ Simpson case.
Our system requires beyond reasonable doubt or else innocent.
These boys will meet their fate when they sit behind bars. Now that would be poetic justice.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:53 PM

Going by what you posted, it seems in this case there was malicious intent, hence murder. You can argue it wasn't pre-mediated if they didn't plan to murder the guy but just beat him mercilessly, so 2nd degree murder would be more appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration