U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:15 PM

55,709 posts, read 74,719,468 times

Advertisements

per op
poor joe
punishing crime is not something americans believe in, for that matter, they dont believe in punishing their kids either, highest prison population on earth. we did not like our grandparents sense of justice, we replaced it with our own. we have failed.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:01 PM

7,412 posts, read 8,258,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Arizona has taken the lead in capturing, detaining illegal immigrants - from over 20 countries.

There is no cloud of investigations. It is political. And you want corruption - take a look at Illinois. A Governor

You don't know about Arpaio. You do not know about Arizona. You don't know the battle with illegal immigration here. You don't know about 3 brave Police officers gunned down last year by illegals.

You don't know .... let's just say, a lot.

BTW - Arpaio may be our next Governor. A Republican Governor. With a Republican Legislature
If Arpaio becomes Arizona's next governor [not by a long shot] he may end up in the same cell as Blagojevich of Illinois! and become a television show.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:04 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,487,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
If Arpaio becomes Arizona's next governor [not by a long shot] he may end up in the same cell as Blagojevich of Illinois! and become a television show.
For??? Are you comparing selling a senate seat to arresting illegals?

Old 01-09-2010, 11:09 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,240,456 times
Quote:
If Arpaio becomes Arizona's next governor [not by a long shot]

There you go AGAIN

Arpaios numbers are very, very good - VERY Good.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:22 AM

335 posts, read 289,512 times
Quote:
Whether or not Arpaio is a KKK is not the issue.
Yes, it is the issue. You made the accusation that Arpaio was associated with the KKK.
Here is your statement:
Quote:
But I do know that the Latino community does not like Arpaio because of his association with the KKK.
When you were challenged to provide proof to back up your accusation, you couldn't do it. Instead, you posted two ridiculous videos that have absolutely nothing to do with proving that Arpaio is in any way associated with the KKK. You have proven yourself to be a dishonest, deceitful, and desperate individual who won't hesitate to stoop to any level to try to make Sheriff Arpaio look bad. You have exposed your hand and shown us that you can't be trusted, neither now or in the future, to tell the truth on this issue.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:49 AM

7,412 posts, read 8,258,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Yes, it is the issue. You made the accusation that Arpaio was associated with the KKK.
Here is your statement:

When you were challenged to provide proof to back up your accusation, you couldn't do it. Instead, you posted two ridiculous videos that have absolutely nothing to do with proving that Arpaio is in any way associated with the KKK. You have proven yourself to be a dishonest, deceitful, and desperate individual who won't hesitate to stoop to any level to try to make Sheriff Arpaio look bad. You have exposed your hand and shown us that you can't be trusted, neither now or in the future, to tell the truth on this issue.
Relax, mr bartlebee Like everybody else, I only know what I see on the Internet or read. Maybe Sheriff Arpaio is a kkk member or maybe not. That doesn't make me a triple "D" ["dishonest, deceitful and desperate"]. You can trust your opinion based on what you know. The same for me. Latinos have bad feelings about Arpaio [that's enough to convince me that he is corrupt. Looks like the grand jury thinks so, too!

Old 01-10-2010, 03:29 AM

335 posts, read 289,512 times
Quote:
Relax, mr bartlebee Like everybody else, I only know what I see on the Internet or read. Maybe Sheriff Arpaio is a kkk member or maybe not. That doesn't make me a triple "D" ["dishonest, deceitful and desperate"]. You can trust your opinion based on what you know. The same for me. Latinos have bad feelings about Arpaio [that's enough to convince me that he is corrupt. Looks like the grand jury thinks so, too!
californio sur, maybe you are a KKK member or maybe not. See, that statement can be applied to anybody because every single person in the world either is a KKK member, or is not a KKK member. And since that's the case, why even make the statement in the first place? The bottom line is, if you're going to make the accusation that someone is associated with a despicable organization such as the KKK, which you did with Sheriff Arpaio, then you had better have some proof or evidence to back up your accusation. Otherwise you're going to look like a fool with an agenda, and that agenda is to make Arpaio look bad regardless of what it takes, even if it takes lies, deception, or outright character assassination.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:06 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,538,072 times
Quote:
Whether or not Arpaio is a KKK is not the issue. And I am not pro-immigrant just because I am Puerto Rican ancestry. Racism is a part of the problem and in cities\ states where there is a large Latino population people resent Arpaio. He could never be county sheriff in LA or anywhere in California and maybe even Texas.
But you made it an issue and a false one at that. Sure racism does exist in this issue but not by the majority of Americans who just want illegal immigration stopped and our borders secured. It isn't just about workers coming here illegally. It is about the drug cartels and possible terrorists entering also. Why does the legal Latino population resent Arapaio? Are you saying that Latinos as a tribe are opposed to laws that affect their ethnic kind even though it is mostly Mexicans and other Latinos that are the biggest offenders? Well thanks for admitting their ethnocentric agenda that isn't in the national interest.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:10 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,538,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
californio sur, maybe you are a KKK member or maybe not. See, that statement can be applied to anybody because every single person in the world either is a KKK member, or is not a KKK member. And since that's the case, why even make the statement in the first place? The bottom line is, if you're going to make the accusation that someone is associated with a despicable organization such as the KKK, which you did with Sheriff Arpaio, then you had better have some proof or evidence to back up your accusation. Otherwise you're going to look like a fool with an agenda, and that agenda is to make Arpaio look bad regardless of what it takes, even if it takes lies, deception, or outright character assassination.
And the ethnocentric illegal alien supporters are nothing but the Klan with a Tan then.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:13 AM

1,845 posts, read 3,697,295 times
Quote:
How do you figure that the Grand Jury " thinks so too " ? They are still investigating . Sounds like YOU and the Latino population have already convicted him . The Liberal Democrats have been after Joe for years . He is arresting all of their voting base . Simple as that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration