U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 05:16 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times

Advertisements

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/052407dntexhouseraid.244a3cb.html (broken link)

Have you ever seen this many? I thought it was bad when I unwittingly leased a 2 bedroom 800 square foot house to someone who let 7-10 people move in (yep the plumbing was shot, sewer and toilet blocked, hot water heater gone, sinks pulled off the walls, 8-10 cars in the yard, they sold all the appliances including the heating and ac, went through the house with a purple paint roller, etc.)

It took me forever to get them out and even then I was in fear for my safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 05:40 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,004,847 times
I'm sad to say this doesn't surprise me.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:18 PM

786 posts, read 4,228,082 times
Here in Fairfax County VA, they complain about overcrowding and our County Commission tells us we have to adjust to a changing American Culture. Translation= overcrowding is just part of the new American culture.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:54 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,541,977 times
This does not surprise me.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:09 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Here in Fairfax County VA, they complain about overcrowding and our County Commission tells us we have to adjust to a changing American Culture. Translation= overcrowding is just part of the new American culture.
Yes indeed. It is called the 'multigenerational ethnic family unit' or something like that AND if you about protest 70 people living in a (formerly) one family home than you are an ignorant racist and bigot. This is the hot new trend in housing. I don't give a d*** if 70 of them want to live together but they should at least build a 70 person size dwelling.

Last edited by andreabeth; 05-24-2007 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: grammar error

Old 05-24-2007, 03:21 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
As I said on another post I once heard someone in Spanish saying that the rent was $400 per family (this was a two bedroom home).

Old 05-24-2007, 03:31 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,431,409 times
Unfortunately, it's not surprising, but 70 of them!!!!

There's a town about a half hour west of me that has a chicken factory and they had the habit of employing illegals for a while. People in the small town would rent out a house to what they would think was just a couple or a small family and everybody and his dog would move in there. It usually took close to six months for them to be discovered and deported and by that time, the homeowner had to actually burn the house down because it was unliveable. It's sad what our country is becoming and it appears that at this point only one state and one city have tried to do something about it.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:56 PM

126 posts, read 514,615 times
It doesn't matter, Jammie, the federal govt shot their proposal down, saying it was "inhumane" or some such garbage to refuse to rent to illegals. Disgusting. The government is the entity running the immigration show, and until we, the people, make it clear we will no longer tolerate this invasion, will it be addressed. Time to vote is coming up, people, time to get on board with one of the many organizations fighting this invasion, together, we have power, we have a voice! Let your Senator and Congressperson know how you feel, vote accordingly and let these officials know this is a non-negotiable issue!

Old 05-27-2007, 11:46 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,846 times
You all have some great points!! What I don't get is someone can move into your house that you are most likely still paying for, thrash it and when asked "to move" the renters have all the rights and you have to hire a lawyer to get them out!!

I lost a home in Calif. due to just this my husband told them he and his .44 would take care of them and they threatened him with jail time!!! They had done so much damage and they were white legals on welfare.

My point is the owner is told one thing by the renters and when they don't pay for 5 months and thrash a house beyond repair it's the owners loss. This just makes me sick!!! Our laws are some how for the violator and never the victim!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or