Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:44 PM

73 posts, read 85,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
You just contradicted yourself. your not calling me a liar but you are saying I am lying. I personally dont care what you think did or did not happen. you account is to post opinions on the topics in the thread not to judge me and post opinions on weither you think I experienced something or not. yes I claim personal experience thats not an opinion that is a fact learn the difference. What I experience is a fact to me therefore unless you know me and my experiences you can not call me a liar. Granted you cant beleive me without proof fine but you can not call me a liar until you have proof stating what I said and experienced is false. So until you have proof, until you have actually came and done what I mentioned you can not call me a liar. You guys go on about how this thread keeps getting corrupted? Again hypocrites. You helped corrupt it. I was talking about thing I experienced here where I LIVE. You dont live here I DO, I deal with this crap. and now your attacking me based on my experiences and you know what thats fine. because they are my experiences. I know who I am and what Ive delt with YOU dont. Just because it hasnt happened to you doesnt mean it wont or that it doesnt happen and if and when it does happen to you your gonna look like a big fool. Its a part of life. deal with it. Poeple are going to bring up experiences that your not gonna beleive or like and thats fine but it does not make them untrue. It just means you dont beleive it. It doesnt give you the right to attack people either especially people you dont know. I dont care if you beleive realy I dont. So why dont you move back to the topic and stop attacking me? You dont beleive me so what good for you... now move on.
Quote:
YOU sawl it for yourself. YOU experienced [a hypothetical unlikely scenario] . . . . I got an idea for you. you want proof come down here to Indy. Stay in a hotel room on the corner of Washington and Holt or 38th and Post. Go out when you see a group of hispanics all gathered around a nice vehicle and ask them "are you here illegally" they will tell you "yea so what you gonna do bout it?!" ask them if the car if stolen again "yea what you gonna do bout it". EveCops are afraid to do anything bout it and some just dont care.
Quote:
Get in a car drive out here stay in a hotel on one of the 2 junctions I mentioned, do as I said. If it doesnt happen to you call me a liar but until YOU KNOW FOR A FACT that it doesnt happen here keep your opinions to yourself.
The vast majority of our (those of us not you) experience of interactions between people does not involve gratuitous questioning of complete strangers about that which is none of our business. By the by, there are a number of other potential outcomes from this scenario that you may want to avoid. Can I get a second on that, someone, for mommylee's sake?

Weigh the facts. Your story lacks the ring of truth, but I will allow that it would be inappropriate for me to call you a liar.

The thread was started with some old mashed-up lies about il/legal aliens living high on the hog at "pensioners'" expense--a ridiculous and hyperbolic call-to-arms. You defended the premise implying/asserting that you have experienced il/legal aliens confess all their sins and admit all their crimes to you personally. The likelihood (rather, the unlikelihood) of all this is fair game. But you're not a liar. No way.

Quote:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. -- Carl Sagan
One more thing, I am 100% certain that such a scenario will not be part of my experience because I mind my own business. Moving on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I don't know what you are talking about. I asked the OP for a link and no link was provided. So I can only assume that his/her post is inaccurate or a troll.
It is quite inaccurate. Sorry for being obtuse. Would you please edit that post to so as not to include the inaccurate material yet again, which is one way this stuff is magnified and disseminated.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Call me what you want.
Trolls don't usually stick around on a forum for 4 1/2 years.
I wouldn't be so sure of that....

Old 01-16-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
California Governor Pete Wilson pointed out in 1994 that there was an alarming jump in the number of citizen-children on Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC). Between 1988 and 1993, the number of citizen-children in California receiving AFDC increased fourfold to about 12 percent of the state caseload. A report by the California Department of Health Services found nearly 96,000 babies were born to illegal immigrants in 1992, with their medical care costing the state $230 million.5 A 1993 cost-benefit study prepared by Louis Rea and Richard Parker of San Diego State University found that 41 percent of the estimated 5,800 citizen-children born in San Diego County in 1992 immediately went on welfare. A year later, about 34 percent of them were still receiving benefits. Such welfare cases in San Diego were estimated to cost taxpayers $18.7 million per year.6 By 1995, there were over 114,000 citizen-children living in Los Angeles County.

clearly, the numbers have gotten worse since then . . . .

That's not so clear. You're basing it off of information that is over 15 years old. Curiously, all of your information pre-dates the welfare reform implemented in 1996-1997, which eliminated AFDC.

Quote:
. . . and california's credit rating was just downgraded again:

Ratings downgrades can increase the state's borrowing costs for public works bonds and other cash needs.

Much of the S&P downgrade report echoed parts of the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst's Office review issued Wednesday. The LAO deemed the governor's assumption of $6.9 billion in new federal funds as unlikely and said the state would be more likely to receive $3 billion.

S&P downgraded California's general obligation bond rating once last year. Fitch Ratings downgraded the state's rating three times, while Moody's Investors Service downgraded it twice.

I suspect that these organizations use data that isn't 15 or more years old. Speaking of welfare reform: 

Quote:
There have been nearly continuous improvements in almost all outcomes since about 1993. Participation in WTW (welfare-to-work)activities and employment and earnings of welfare recipients have risen sharply; the welfare caseload has fallen sharply; employment and earnings of those leaving welfare have risen; and, in the most recent years, poverty has fallen. . . .
-- Welfare Reform in California, The RAND Corporation (2005), http://www.rand.org/pubs/monograph_r...5/MR1358.1.pdf
I suspect the hospital costs for Medi-Cal childbirth are still pounding the state's health services budget, though. I don't think there have been any significant changes in policy there.

Quote:
keep in mind that california already has the highest top personal income tax rate and sales tax rate in the US. . . .
That depends on whom you ask. "By one measure, at least, California isn’t No. 1 in taxes overall: A Tax Foundation study last year that looked at the combined state and local tax burdens shouldered by Americans ranked the Golden State No. 6, after New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Maryland and Hawaii." (Los Angeles Times, February 19, 2009, How California's income tax and sales tax rates compare | Money & Company | Los Angeles Times)

Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andornot View Post
The vast majority of our (those of us not you) experience of interactions between people does not involve gratuitous questioning of complete strangers about that which is none of our business. By the by, there are a number of other potential outcomes from this scenario that you may want to avoid. Can I get a second on that, someone, for mommylee's sake?

Weigh the facts. Your story lacks the ring of truth, but I will allow that it would be inappropriate for me to call you a liar.

The thread was started with some old mashed-up lies about il/legal aliens living high on the hog at "pensioners'" expense--a ridiculous and hyperbolic call-to-arms. You defended the premise implying/asserting that you have experienced il/legal aliens confess all their sins and admit all their crimes to you personally. The likelihood (rather, the unlikelihood) of all this is fair game. But you're not a liar. No way.

One more thing, I am 100% certain that such a scenario will not be part of my experience because I mind my own business. Moving on.
I'm really NOT trying to be the spelling police, but why do you spell illegal in such a manner? I've seen it before and really wondered since I have never seen anyone else use that unusual variation.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
The Southern Poverty Law Center criticizes the group's methods and tactics. The SPLC says that the founder of FAIR is a racist.
FAIR: Crossing the Rubicon of Hate | Hatewatch | Southern Poverty Law Center
SPLCenter.org: Anti-Immigration Groups

SPLC is the racist organization, along with LaRaza and many other race based organizations.

They are race based organizations.
FAIR is against people who are here in my country, illegally.
Illegal alien, is not a race of people, or did you not get the memo???

Old 01-16-2010, 06:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So based on ONE person who TOLD you they paid no taxes you make the quantum leap that ALL immigrants don't pay taxes. (GUess he showed you his tax returns, right?) WOW - could you let the IRS know for me that I should not be paying them?

Thank YOU
The majority do not pay any taxes, yet their anchor babies pull in $861 a month, each!!

There are not 20 million stolen ID's out there used by illegal trespassers.
These trespassing criminals, are paid as subcontract labor, to shield the employers from penalties.
Every illegal trespasser working construction is paid subcontract.
Your finding it in assembly line jobs now.

It is not just illegal trespassing criminals, that are paid like that. Americans and legal citizens are also paid as subcontract, as they are employed, to cheat the system. So their employers can undercut the competition, who is running a business with employees on the books and all the cost associated with it.

Your going to see a lot more employees being called subcontractor, if this healthcare with an employer mandate, makes it into law.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:49 AM

183 posts, read 242,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andornot View Post

It is obvious you do not mind your own business. I was replying to a post just before mine and I said "add it all up Id beleive it" not the very beginning post the one before me. Your the one that jumped on this whole "if an experience is not documented it is a lie" so tell me something do you document every experience you have? no of course not there for what you are saying is they are all LIES. They say to assume is to make an a** out of you and me. they are so right in this case. You assume I go up and ask every one if they are here illegally. I dont. You ASSUME they just walk up and tell me, again no. And this is not an extraoridnary expereince. Its happens alot more than you think. Matter of fact I read in a few other threads people telling posters "you wanna know if they are illegal ask them some will tell you, they arent afraid to admit it". So obviously Im not the only one that has experienced this. I am so sick of you attacking me on MY EXPEREINCES. THEY ARE MY EXPERIENCES!!!!!!! As in I experienced them YOU DID NOT. So you have no right to call me a liar. Weigh what facts? this happened to me and not you, does that make me a liar? no it makes me one out of a few others that its happened to. this never happened to you and you seem to think it doesnt happen to anyone else and this wouldnt happen to you. Does this make you right? no it makes you ignorant. So jump back on topic. I honestly dont care about YOUR OPINION. You seem to think your opinions make you right. They do they just make you opinionated and shows others you think you know everything. You dont know everything. You dont know what I expereinced. Again just because it isnt documented doesnt mean its a lie. Its an experience and you cant tell me my experience is a lie because Im the one that was there NOT YOU. Now get back on topic, butt out and mind your own. Next time you have an opinion about me keep it to yourself. If you have an opinion about something I said THAT IS ON TOPIC. Feel free to reply. My expereinces is not the topic. What illegals are getting in support each month is.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:52 AM

183 posts, read 242,718 times
Im just curious here. I want to know if any one has a link that lists the statistics for each state? Im not talking bout just illegals. But the ones here on a temp visa? I seriously think that bill is a load of crap as well. Its not just illegals taking everything its the ones here on temp visas sending money back home in the hopes of living a good life when they get back and no plans at all to try to become a US. citizen.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
It is obvious you do not mind your own business. I was replying to a post just before mine and I said "add it all up Id beleive it" not the very beginning post the one before me. Your the one that jumped on this whole "if an experience is not documented it is a lie" so tell me something do you document every experience you have? no of course not there for what you are saying is they are all LIES. They say to assume is to make an a** out of you and me. they are so right in this case. You assume I go up and ask every one if they are here illegally. I dont. You ASSUME they just walk up and tell me, again no. And this is not an extraoridnary expereince. Its happens alot more than you think. Matter of fact I read in a few other threads people telling posters "you wanna know if they are illegal ask them some will tell you, they arent afraid to admit it". So obviously Im not the only one that has experienced this. I am so sick of you attacking me on MY EXPEREINCES. THEY ARE MY EXPERIENCES!!!!!!! As in I experienced them YOU DID NOT. So you have no right to call me a liar. Weigh what facts? this happened to me and not you, does that make me a liar? no it makes me one out of a few others that its happened to. this never happened to you and you seem to think it doesnt happen to anyone else and this wouldnt happen to you. Does this make you right? no it makes you ignorant. So jump back on topic. I honestly dont care about YOUR OPINION. You seem to think your opinions make you right. They do they just make you opinionated and shows others you think you know everything. You dont know everything. You dont know what I expereinced. Again just because it isnt documented doesnt mean its a lie. Its an experience and you cant tell me my experience is a lie because Im the one that was there NOT YOU. Now get back on topic, butt out and mind your own. Next time you have an opinion about me keep it to yourself. If you have an opinion about something I said THAT IS ON TOPIC. Feel free to reply. My expereinces is not the topic. What illegals are getting in support each month is.
You know that you and I agree on illegal immigration but it would be easier to read your posts if you made paragraphs. Just a little friendly advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration