Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
check all the other times I spelled it and I had it correct, 1 slip up oh my gosh. God forbid you make mistakes . Seriously are you checking to see every post I place so you can make some smart a** comment about it?
Not checking every post you make. Just reading this thread. 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5, not 1

I'm just poking fun, but, seriously, if you know of someone not paying taxes, you should report it. We all lose when people don't pay their fair share.

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 10:23 PM

183 posts, read 242,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Not checking every post you make. Just reading this thread. 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5, not 1

I'm just poking fun, but, seriously, if you know of someone not paying taxes, you should report it. We all lose when people don't pay their fair share.

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?
Im sorry I didnt mean to "Snap" at you. Im used to being poked at. but there is a poster on here following me making snide comments and I didnt mean to get rude. I agree... we all lose if everyone doesnt pay their taxes just like we lose if the illegals dont have to pay taxes. But its realy not my place to say anything. The 2 people I know for sure like that are my friends and they bend over backwards for anyone that needs it. Im not sure their reason for not paying its none of my business, I wish they hadnt told me they didnt pay them because I feel like Im betraying everyone by not saying anything.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:40 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Quote:
Im sorry I didnt mean to "Snap" at you. Im used to being poked at. but there is a poster on here following me making snide comments and I didnt mean to get rude. I agree... we all lose if everyone doesnt pay their taxes just like we lose if the illegals dont have to pay taxes. But its realy not my place to say anything. The 2 people I know for sure like that are my friends and they bend over backwards for anyone that needs it. Im not sure their reason for not paying its none of my business, I wish they hadnt told me they didnt pay them because I feel like Im betraying everyone by not saying anything.
I apologize, as well. Just as you have personal contact with immigrants that do not pay taxes, my personal experience has been the opposite. I guess it is human nature to make generalizations based upon our personal experience.

RE: undocumented workers
If there was an easy answer to the undocumented issue, it would be solved. I'm sure that you are like me- we would do anything to feed our families. Many (the majority, I hope) undocumented workers are no different. My experience with the undocumented is that they were hardworking, contributing members of my community. Yours is that they are drains on the taxpayer. I think we are both correct.

I have long thought that it is the business owner that should make deductions for all workers, documented or not. That way, the government would have the money coming in while the elected officials could deal with the big picture.

I appreciate your post.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:54 PM

undocumented is such a long word. Ill stick with illegal lol. Im sure we both have good opinions on all that and maybe we can dicuss it soon. as for tonight I need to get to bed so I can get my kids off to school in the morning. Thank you for your reply and I appreciate your input. Have a goodnight God Bless.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:23 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
California Governor Pete Wilson pointed out in 1994 that there was an alarming jump in the number of citizen-children on Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC). Between 1988 and 1993, the number of citizen-children in California receiving AFDC increased fourfold to about 12 percent of the state caseload. A report by the California Department of Health Services found nearly 96,000 babies were born to illegal immigrants in 1992, with their medical care costing the state $230 million.5 A 1993 cost-benefit study prepared by Louis Rea and Richard Parker of San Diego State University found that 41 percent of the estimated 5,800 citizen-children born in San Diego County in 1992 immediately went on welfare. A year later, about 34 percent of them were still receiving benefits. Such welfare cases in San Diego were estimated to cost taxpayers $18.7 million per year.6 By 1995, there were over 114,000 citizen-children living in Los Angeles County.

clearly, the numbers have gotten worse since then, and california's credit rating was just downgraded again:

Ratings downgrades can increase the state's borrowing costs for public works bonds and other cash needs.
Much of the S&P downgrade report echoed parts of the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst's Office review issued Wednesday. The LAO deemed the governor's assumption of $6.9 billion in new federal funds as unlikely and said the state would be more likely to receive $3 billion.

S&P downgraded California's general obligation bond rating once last year. Fitch Ratings downgraded the state's rating three times, while Moody's Investors Service downgraded it twice.

keep in mind that california already has the highest top personal income tax rate and sales tax rate in the US. how much more are the citizens of california expected to pay to support the illegal immigrant population?

Old 01-15-2010, 07:24 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
California Governor Pete Wilson pointed out in 1994 that there was an alarming jump in the number of citizen-children on Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC). Between 1988 and 1993, the number of citizen-children in California receiving AFDC increased fourfold to about 12 percent of the state caseload. A report by the California Department of Health Services found nearly 96,000 babies were born to illegal immigrants in 1992, with their medical care costing the state $230 million.5 A 1993 cost-benefit study prepared by Louis Rea and Richard Parker of San Diego State University found that 41 percent of the estimated 5,800 citizen-children born in San Diego County in 1992 immediately went on welfare. A year later, about 34 percent of them were still receiving benefits. Such welfare cases in San Diego were estimated to cost taxpayers $18.7 million per year.6 By 1995, there were over 114,000 citizen-children living in Los Angeles County.

clearly, the numbers have gotten worse since then, and california's credit rating was just downgraded again:

Ratings downgrades can increase the state's borrowing costs for public works bonds and other cash needs.
Much of the S&P downgrade report echoed parts of the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst's Office review issued Wednesday. The LAO deemed the governor's assumption of $6.9 billion in new federal funds as unlikely and said the state would be more likely to receive $3 billion.

S&P downgraded California's general obligation bond rating once last year. Fitch Ratings downgraded the state's rating three times, while Moody's Investors Service downgraded it twice.

keep in mind that california already has the highest top personal income tax rate and sales tax rate in the US. how much more are the citizens of california expected to pay to support the illegal immigrant population?
Of course the pro-illegals in here will try to explain away and deny California's budget shortfalls to something other than the impact of illegal immigration on our state and our nation as a whole.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:25 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You can check the cost in every state... Some states are not revised to account for 2009 or more recent cost analysis

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR):
The Southern Poverty Law Center criticizes the group's methods and tactics. The SPLC says that the founder of FAIR is a racist.
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2007/1...bicon-of-hate/
http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intel...le.jsp?sid=175

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Depends what state they are in, but here in Texas, for each child, there is $861 in welfare for anchor babies.

You see one mom with broken english, with 5-8 kids one born right after the other. She is driving a Lincoln Navigator and dressed to the hilt.
Are you sure that she would be driving that expensive of a car? I know there are many wealthy Mexicans who legally live in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Then it is up to the citizens of Texas to join and vote for reps that will act upon this issue. Here in Pa we suffer from lazy hardline voters. They refuse to vote for anyone but who their party says to. In the end we are stuck with the same lame ducks like Spector or Kanjorski or casey.
Its a shame the same idiots who vote the party line cry the loudest about DC.
Well, in Texas we have this thing called the Texas Rangers, so the illegals who commit serious crimes in Texas find themselves arrested and in correctional institutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Of course the pro-illegals in here will try to explain away and deny California's budget shortfalls to something other than the impact of illegal immigration on our state and our nation as a whole.
These "pro-illegals" likely have plenty of ammunition and sources. And the counties that voted overwhelmingly for Prop 8 need to be punitively taxed. All that money from gay marriage could have filled the state coffers.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:30 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
wow!!!!

you just took ignorant posts to a new level!

please tell me how you know that most of those people driving luxury cars are driving stolen ones.

i think you are very uninformed and it shows in your postings. good luck. but next time know what you are talking about before you post.

Quote:
I have a problem with the illegals coming in and living off of us for free. I have a problem with immegrants not having to pay taxes. and the problem is both I didnt say they all drive luxury cars. Loads of them drive luxury cars and the ones that dont either car pull or are stuck with public transportation. Most of them that drive luxury cars are stolen.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:32 PM

Well, in Texas we have this thing called the Texas Rangers, so the illegals who commit serious crimes in Texas find themselves arrested and in correctional institutions.[/quote]

Ive heard nothing but good things bout Texas which kinda shocks me. I would think you would have more illegals than we do. Im seriously planning a trip out there Id love to get out of Indiana they dont do anything bout anything here.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:37 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
any border state will have more illegals than non border states... TX v. Indy
Quote:
Well, in Texas we have this thing called the Texas Rangers, so the illegals who commit serious crimes in Texas find themselves arrested and in correctional institutions.
Ive heard nothing but good things bout Texas which kinda shocks me. I would think you would have more illegals than we do. Im seriously planning a trip out there Id love to get out of Indiana they dont do anything bout anything here.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration