U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-16-2010, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
15,409 posts, read 13,214,707 times
Reputation: 12396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I also question the Haitian presidents’ motives for being at the airport the day of the earthquake. Of course he gave a lame excuse to the CNN reporter –- he was trying to help his people. How the heck could he help his dying people crushed under mounds of debris while loitering at the airport? I believe he intended to leave, until he was confronted by the press.
I noticed that too; pretty much every Haitian president has been a disgusting corrupt excuse for a human being. It might not be such a bad thing if he DID flee, though!

I find the images coming out of Haiti to be heartbreaking and I do not see how anybody could not be moved by them. They are fellow human beings and are as deserving of our help as anyone else. I understand that we have deprivation and poverty in this country, but the poorest Americans are still better off than your average Haitian.

 
Old 01-16-2010, 04:35 PM
 
47,586 posts, read 34,070,956 times
Reputation: 21529
Well - there weren't many deportations of any illegals going on, so it can't be significantly loosened.

Maybe a compromise, do some deportations of illegals here from countries that didn't just have an earthquake and keep on not deporting the Haitians.
 
Old 01-16-2010, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
15,409 posts, read 13,214,707 times
Reputation: 12396
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well - there weren't many deportations of any illegals going on, so it can't be significantly loosened.

Maybe a compromise, do some deportations of illegals here from countries that didn't just have an earthquake and keep on not deporting the Haitians.
Deportations need to continue, for sure. But we cannot deport people to Haiti at the moment, it would be cruel. I agree with the TPS status for them, as long as it remains temporary.
 
Old 01-16-2010, 04:48 PM
 
47,586 posts, read 34,070,956 times
Reputation: 21529
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Deportations need to continue, for sure. But we cannot deport people to Haiti at the moment, it would be cruel. I agree with the TPS status for them, as long as it remains temporary.
I don't think there has been any real deporatations going on with any illegals for whatever reason they're here, so the best thing would be to START some deportations of non-Haitians and just continue not deporting Haitians for now --- although you wonder why they wouldn't want to go home and help with rescue and clean up and rebuilding efforts.

I suppose they like laying around here living in luxury and expect Americans to go do all that for them. Kind of like the Mexicans over here laying around wondering when the Americans are going to go do something in their country for them about drug cartel violence.

Too many people want the very easy way out, it's very easy to come to the USA and make no effort for your own country and have the Americans do it all for you.

I would think Haitians with any integrity would want to go work and help out their country in it's time of need and their people. There is so much work to be done, so much rebuilding -- but the dollars here just won't let them do the right thing.
 
Old 01-16-2010, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
8,434 posts, read 10,478,515 times
Reputation: 4609
We really can't deport the people here right now, but I support deporting them when the country settles down some. We should not import any more poor/impoverished, uneducated people than we already do. It is insanity to suggest that this country can feed the world. I am worried about the cost of the stupid health care bill and the ability to take care of our citizens.
 
Old 01-16-2010, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
8,434 posts, read 10,478,515 times
Reputation: 4609
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Take your meds.
And you good sir stop taking yours.
 
Old 01-16-2010, 11:02 PM
 
3 posts, read 7,961 times
Reputation: 11
Wow great post I 100% agree with what you are saying here. I try to stay out of the hole mess honestly but upon reading about some of these things it is really starting to tick me off, Just like Toby Keith.. yes he is a great musician, but he prides himself too much to being an American. I cannot really say that I am proud... We are the richest country yet have so many lower class citizens. Why? Because America is greedy. On top of that they are spending so much time trying to take care of the rest of the world they are forgetting about their own. It saddens me to read some of these posts.
 
Old 01-16-2010, 11:05 PM
 
Location: Indiana
183 posts, read 133,439 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_g1988 View Post
Wow great post I 100% agree with what you are saying here. I try to stay out of the hole mess honestly but upon reading about some of these things it is really starting to tick me off, Just like Toby Keith.. yes he is a great musician, but he prides himself too much to being an American. I cannot really say that I am proud... We are the richest country yet have so many lower class citizens. Why? Because America is greedy. On top of that they are spending so much time trying to take care of the rest of the world they are forgetting about their own. It saddens me to read some of these posts.

Casi?
 
Old 01-17-2010, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Sacramento
29 posts, read 77,304 times
Reputation: 28
Yes this is the right thing to do. I would go as far as granting Haitian's visa's until this thing gets sorted out
 
Old 01-17-2010, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 9,507,814 times
Reputation: 4611
They need to sign up for a TPS. How many Illegals are going to sign up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:39 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top