Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 04:54 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Traumatizing?? Since when is moving to another country "traumatizing"?
We are not talking about going to prison.
How would you, as a US citizen, feel if the US government forced you to move to a foreign third world country that is more like a war zone because your parents moved here illegally? If you are an adult, how would you feel if your parents were deported? Think about that one.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:00 PM

335 posts, read 328,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yes because if you don't let us in, you're racists!
Americans are comprised of White Americans, Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans. So, which of these Americans are supposedly racists due to the fact that a majority of Americans don't want to let illegal alien lawbreakers into this country?

Old 01-17-2010, 05:02 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Americans are comprised of White Americans, Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans. So, which of these Americans are supposedly racists due to the fact that a majority of Americans don't want to let illegal alien lawbreakers into this country?
LOL!

Bud! I was being 100 percent sarcastic. I am a liberal who is against illegal immigration.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:03 PM

21 posts, read 26,564 times
AMERICAN CITIZENS OF ALL ETHNICITIES FIRST!!

Thats a good start.
E-Verify made Mandatory. Yes it is extremely effective if used.

Real Deportation of all illegals, not, here is a court date, just show up. Catch and release only works in fishing.

Employer penalties simple: 10,000.00 usd per illegal you employ. Money goes to deportation expense.

All Law enforcement can request Citizenship Papers upon any offense. Deport if unable to produce.

Secure that southern border. Yes it can be done. The logistics are actually easy. The Political #&%$# is the only hinderance.

Enforcement of all immigration Laws as they are now, in full.

I am tired of my friends telling their kids that they (The Kids) can't get a job because due to pro-Illegal, pro-cheap labor that they, the young adults are now second- class citizens in their own country.

You are either for illegals or you are against illegals. There is no, we can only attempt this much.

While we are at it, clear out ALL encumbants in all levels of Government. They are all Pawns of BigBusiness. They have not represented the "People" for many years.

Show me the Logistics of Amnesty. You can't because there are none.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:25 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
How would you, as a US citizen, feel if the US government forced you to move to a foreign third world country that is more like a war zone because your parents moved here illegally? If you are an adult, how would you feel if your parents were deported? Think about that one.
I know you did not ask me this question, but I just had to respond.

As an adult US citizen (aka anchor baby) the government could not force me out of the US. If I was an adult in this situation and my parents were deported I would probably be angry at those who deported them and try like hell to get them back here legally with me. After all, if I am a US citizen anchor baby THAT is exactly what my parents would want me to do.

However, as an average run of the mill US citizen who was born here (as were my parents and most of their parents) I have no fear of my government forcing me to live anywhere.

Imagine if you were a child - say about 12 - born in a foreign country and forced to move to another country by your very own parents. Imagine if you don't know the language or the ways of this new country. Hmmm, I think children can learn to adapt (and if they can do so at such young ages, then smarter adults should be able to much quicker).

It works both ways. I'm tired of the argument that we are uprooting those poor children who were born here to foreign parents who are living here illegally. If these parents can bring their foreign born children INTO the US then they can also bring their US born children OUT of the US when they are deported.

AND, if I was a US born child (anchor baby) and my parents were deported, I would certainly hope that our love for each other keeps us together no matter where we end up.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:39 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I know you did not ask me this question, but I just had to respond.

As an adult US citizen (aka anchor baby) the government could not force me out of the US. If I was an adult in this situation and my parents were deported I would probably be angry at those who deported them and try like hell to get them back here legally with me. After all, if I am a US citizen anchor baby THAT is exactly what my parents would want me to do.

However, as an average run of the mill US citizen who was born here (as were my parents and most of their parents) I have no fear of my government forcing me to live anywhere.

Imagine if you were a child - say about 12 - born in a foreign country and forced to move to another country by your very own parents. Imagine if you don't know the language or the ways of this new country. Hmmm, I think children can learn to adapt (and if they can do so at such young ages, then smarter adults should be able to much quicker).

It works both ways. I'm tired of the argument that we are uprooting those poor children who were born here to foreign parents who are living here illegally. If these parents can bring their foreign born children INTO the US then they can also bring their US born children OUT of the US when they are deported.

AND, if I was a US born child (anchor baby) and my parents were deported, I would certainly hope that our love for each other keeps us together no matter where we end up.
Good points. I'm sure anybody, adult or child, would feel badly if their parents put themselves in jeopardy and ended up in legal trouble. All KINDS of adults do this, every day...and when the parent of a young child gets in trouble (jail; prison; evicted from the home; heavy fine; etc), the child suffers too. That's the nature of the parent / child relationship, and if you want to make SURE your child lives a stress-free life, then it's a good idea not to break the law.

When 'anchor babies' are adults, then of course their parents' fate doesn't directly impact them so much.

Other than that, I see no difference in the children of illegals than in the children of any OTHER group of lawbreakers. Parents' bad judgement can affect the lives of their kids...that's pretty much true in any caese.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Good points. I'm sure anybody, adult or child, would feel badly if their parents put themselves in jeopardy and ended up in legal trouble. All KINDS of adults do this, every day...and when the parent of a young child gets in trouble (jail; prison; evicted from the home; heavy fine; etc), the child suffers too. That's the nature of the parent / child relationship, and if you want to make SURE your child lives a stress-free life, then it's a good idea not to break the law.

When 'anchor babies' are adults, then of course their parents' fate doesn't directly impact them so much.

Other than that, I see no difference in the children of illegals than in the children of any OTHER group of lawbreakers. Parents' bad judgement can affect the lives of their kids...that's pretty much true in any caese.
Thank you.
Children endure whatever their lot in life is because of the actions of their parents... whether good or bad. I think in this PC world we are not supposed to hurt the inner feelings of children. This is just bull to me. Children learn as they grow and every decision made by their parents is not always what the child wants, but the child adapts and grows anyway.

Personal story: My parents moved our family of 9 from Massachusetts to Arizona when I was 14 years old. I spoke a "foreign language", but adapted to the speech in AZ. I was NOT HAPPY about moving and protested loudly (to no avail, of course). I left everything familiar behind me but (again) I adapted to this new way of life and got over hating my parents for moving us clear across the country to a land that (although in the same country where I was born) was totally foreign to us.
Not quite the same as migrating from one country to another, but as a child moving clear across the country was almost the same concept.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:19 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Thank you.
Children endure whatever their lot in life is because of the actions of their parents... whether good or bad. I think in this PC world we are not supposed to hurt the inner feelings of children. This is just bull to me. Children learn as they grow and every decision made by their parents is not always what the child wants, but the child adapts and grows anyway.

Personal story: My parents moved our family of 9 from Massachusetts to Arizona when I was 14 years old. I spoke a "foreign language", but adapted to the speech in AZ. I was NOT HAPPY about moving and protested loudly (to no avail, of course). I left everything familiar behind me but (again) I adapted to this new way of life and got over hating my parents for moving us clear across the country to a land that (although in the same country where I was born) was totally foreign to us.
Not quite the same as migrating from one country to another, but as a child moving clear across the country was almost the same concept.
My childhood was similar. I was uprooted from Michigan and my family moved to Calif. I was really unhappy about it but I adapted. Like you, I wasn't moved to a foreign country but an entirely different climate and lifestyle where I knew no one. I adapted as all kids do without some kind of trauma. The illegal alien apologists use every excuse and trick in the book to defend their presence here.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:20 PM

335 posts, read 328,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
LOL!

Bud! I was being 100 percent sarcastic. I am a liberal who is against illegal immigration.
I apologize for not detecting the sarcasm!

Old 01-17-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
My childhood was similar. I was uprooted from Michigan and my family moved to Calif. I was really unhappy about it but I adapted. As you said, it wasn't moved to a foreign country but an entirely different climate and lifestyle where I knew no one. I adapted as all kids do without some kind of trauma. The illegal alien apologists use every excuse and trick in the book to defend their presence here.
I hear ya! Makes me wonder if the children of illegals have some defect that makes them unable to adapt to new places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration