Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:42 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Agreed. I don't think more than a very small amount of people are "pro illegal." I think most people on either side of the issue realizes out immigration system is broken. The question is how do you fix it. Some people think that everyone should be deported. Others don't feel that deporting everyone is practical or will work and believe that a path to citizenship is better. That doesn't mean they think its fair to everyone else, but rather it is the most practical of the various options. Doesn't mean they are pro-illegal.
The 'path to citizenship' plan is b.s. because there are much worthier candidates who can contribute way more to society who can't get in because they can't just sneak across the border and squat...why should the hispanic illegals get a free pass?

Old 01-21-2010, 07:49 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And to run with your ball further: all of Latin America was also the 'fault' the White Euros as well------------yet, most Hispanics as a group, even 'brown' ones, embrace said culture to the detriment of their former Aztec, Inca, Mayan, etc. ones.

Needless to say: Aztlan is a fraud, pure and simple. The Aztecs* never had dominion over any part of the present day USA. Hypocrites at best, la raza.

*reconquistas (of any actual heritage) who relate to a certain aspect of 'Mexican' culture use the Aztecs as their default one---------never mind that other groups in pre Hispanic Mexico were under the boot of said Aztecs.
It always amazes me when Mexicans try to claim the USA as being land stolen from them when their native tribes weren't even indigenous to this country. Add to that fact that they are part white European (Spaniard) themselves and that would make their ancestors illegal invaders also, wouldn't it? Hypocricy anyone?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:22 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It always amazes me when Mexicans try to claim the USA as being land stolen from them when their native tribes weren't even indigenous to this country. Add to that fact that they are part white European (Spaniard) themselves and that would make their ancestors illegal invaders also, wouldn't it? Hypocricy anyone?
Thank you.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:27 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Thank you.
The truth needs to be pounded into those who use that "stolen land" argument as justification for illegal immigration by those south of our border.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:33 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
I cringe every time I hear anyone talking about whether
we should only deport the illegals who are breaking the law.
"Leave the law abiding ones alone"
The are all criminals if they are here illegally.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:46 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Many of our ancestors didn't even come here till the early 1900's well after any conflicts with the natives and after this country was established as the USA. My ancestors neither came from England, Spain or any of the other European countries whose citizens migrated here during the conflicts with the natives. Why bring up the past anyway? All those people are dead now. During the course of history lands have been fought for bought and lands have exchanged hands. This living in the past is ridiculous.
Because the past influences our current perceptions and policies.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:48 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Right, because the native population were all willing partners....Rape never happened.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:42 PM

335 posts, read 328,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
You mean to tell me that a law has to exist before we can call it an injustice? Hold up a second while I choke that one down.
You are the one who referred to the European settlers as illegal aliens. By using the word illegal, which means in violation of a law, you are implying that those European settlers violated an existing law by coming here. Since they didn't violate an existing law by coming here, the term "illegal alien" is not a correct term to use to describe those European settlers.

Whether or not it was an injustice for those European settlers to come here and force the native inhabitants off their lands is a completely different matter. An act by a person or persons can be both legal and unjust at the same time.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 PM

11 posts, read 10,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
The first European settlers essentially told sovereign territories that they were now a apart of a new nation...regardless of how those in that political structure felt. They were illegal immigrants that took the nation for themselves.
What a bunch of nonsense! The Europeans who settled here starting in the 17th century were not illegal immigrants. So tell me, and be very specific, what established law did these Europeans violate by coming here? And please, don't give me one of your mumbo-jumbo pseudo-intellectual generalizations as a reply. I want to know specifically what law the European settlers violated by coming here.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:11 PM

11 posts, read 10,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Right, because the native population were all willing partners....Rape never happened.
The native inhabitants also did their fair share of raping. Members of Indian tribes would rape members of other Indian tribes that they had captured as a result of inter-tribal warfare. The native inhabitants also raped European settlers, usually right before killing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration