U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:20 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,787,569 times

Advertisements

@macmeal-
"Why aren't we also ranting and raving and discussing 'greedy employers'? or 'vacillating politicians'?..or 'predatory coyotes'?...or the 'abuses by the rich classes of Mexico'?....all of whom benefit from illegal immigration? Probably because no one would seriously defend such people."
great question and this is a better thing to target than the illegals themselves. if the bigger problem were fixed (border security for starters) then the result of these deficiencies (illegal immigration) would be lessened considerably, tho never fully stopped 100%.

@chicagonut-
"What does some of the other actions of our government have to do with this? Of course we are outraged over a lot of things they do but why bring that up when the topic is illegal immigration? Americans don't even have a vote on much of what our government does but we still have the right to have our immigration laws respected. It's not about them but "us"."

i posted about Nicaragua in another forum topic, to which you whined and cried about it being off topic. If you knew what your government has been doing in this country alone for the last 100+ years then you would know how it pertains to illegal immigration. I'm not getting into it here, if you were genuinely interested in knowing what it has to do with illegal immigration (which you aren't) then a simple google search would show u the facts.
and as for the bold/underlined part.... wow... looks like you need to focus your anger and frustration at something bigger than illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 04:42 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,137,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
@macmeal-
"Why aren't we also ranting and raving and discussing 'greedy employers'? or 'vacillating politicians'?..or 'predatory coyotes'?...or the 'abuses by the rich classes of Mexico'?....all of whom benefit from illegal immigration? Probably because no one would seriously defend such people."
great question and this is a better thing to target than the illegals themselves. if the bigger problem were fixed (border security for starters) then the result of these deficiencies (illegal immigration) would be lessened considerably, tho never fully stopped 100%.

@chicagonut-
"What does some of the other actions of our government have to do with this? Of course we are outraged over a lot of things they do but why bring that up when the topic is illegal immigration? Americans don't even have a vote on much of what our government does but we still have the right to have our immigration laws respected. It's not about them but "us"."

i posted about Nicaragua in another forum topic, to which you whined and cried about it being off topic. If you knew what your government has been doing in this country alone for the last 100+ years then you would know how it pertains to illegal immigration. I'm not getting into it here, if you were genuinely interested in knowing what it has to do with illegal immigration (which you aren't) then a simple google search would show u the facts.
and as for the bold/underlined part.... wow... looks like you need to focus your anger and frustration at something bigger than illegal immigration.
As I said, much of what our government does we don't have a say in. But we American citizens do have the right to have immigration laws and our border's protected. I don't giving a flying flip about why illegal immigration occurs it is irrelevant to the fact that we have soveirgn borders just like any other country does.

I can't think of anything much more important to get angry and frustrated about than the illegal invasion of our country by the millions that has impacted our country so negatively in every way. It certainly is right up there in the top three of my concerns. Why don't YOU give a damn?

Old 02-05-2010, 05:44 PM

32,743 posts, read 29,979,855 times
Quote:
im not gonna lie i appreciate the sarcasm in that last post hahaha
with that said these are different levels of "illegal" activity.. and breaking into someone's house (as i did when i was like 14 lol) is not the same as what illegals do. and i dont understand what part of my post led you to the conclusion that i said they earned the right to be here. you guys gotta be careful with reading more into someone's posts than just what the words posted are saying. basically what im saying is, neither of you gentlemen (or women) did anything to negate what i posted.
and speaking of immorality and "getting away" with things.. i expect you both to be outraged by some of the actions your government has taken in the last half century or so. its kind of like the home invasion analogy, but instead of a single house or family being affected, its entire countries and economies. plural on both. actually nvm that last part.
I didn't realize we invaded Mexico and Guatemala which are the two biggest contributors to this mess. Iraq? Maybe, but not Central, N or S American Countries like Guatemala. Interesting thoughts.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:50 PM

on one hand you admit that your opinion (and consequent voice via vote) counts as much as my dog's... on the other hand you say you have a "right" to have the border patrolled and immigration laws enforced.. who may i ask is going to do these things for you... is it the same government you already admitted acts on its own behalf and for its own self interest and not yours (or anybody else for that matter)?
not caring why illegal immigration is occurring is ignoring the problem in itself.. the same government that doesnt enforce immigration laws or protects the border efficiently (doesnt care about what you have to say) is the same government that "promotes" democracy abroad while ignoring its own citizens.. and *gasp* the same government that left the economies and people of the countries where the most illegals are coming from in ruins.
yes of course it has nothing to do with illegal immigration. nothing at all.
keep whining about it though, hoping the government does something about it, while acknowledging that they dont care about what you have to say lol. i feel sorry for you.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I didn't realize we invaded Mexico and Guatemala which are the two biggest contributors to this mess. Iraq? Maybe, but not Central, N or S American Countries like Guatemala. Interesting thoughts.
google this name: "Jacobo Arbenz Guzman"... just one of many important figures in that country's history.
The US has been very involved in Guatemala since the early 20th century. Also google "Efrain Rios Montt," a very nice, gentle man backed by the United States. [/sarcasm]

Old 02-05-2010, 05:58 PM

32,743 posts, read 29,979,855 times
Quote:
on one hand you admit that your opinion (and consequent voice via vote) counts as much as my dog's... on the other hand you say you have a "right" to have the border patrolled and immigration laws enforced.. who may i ask is going to do these things for you... is it the same government you already admitted acts on its own behalf and for its own self interest and not yours (or anybody else for that matter)?
not caring why illegal immigration is occurring is ignoring the problem in itself.. the same government that doesnt enforce immigration laws or protects the border efficiently (doesnt care about what you have to say) is the same government that "promotes" democracy abroad while ignoring its own citizens.. and *gasp* the same government that left the economies and people of the countries where the most illegals are coming from in ruins.
keep whining about it though, hoping the government does something about it, while acknowledging that they dont care about what you have to say lol. i feel sorry for you.
m
We know why illegal immigration is occurring.

Out of control breeding due jacked up religions and lack of education. Corrupt Govts of about half the planet's Countries that keep pushing their poor out. The lack of natural resources for many Nations.

Did I cover it all? Oh, forgot one, the aiding and abetting by the relatives of the poor and uneducated "victims" of these Countries that attempt to make them feel warm and fuzzy about coming here illegally. They paint a picture to these poor people that they are wanted and that it is easy to do. Both of these are complete lies.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:02 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,137,470 times
Quote:
No, it YOU that should be pitied that you care so little about your country (that is if you are a U.S. citizen) that you won't join the ranks of patriots that are fighting to make the necessary changes in this country to root out the corruption in our government both here and abroad. You're cheap shots at regular Americans instead is duly noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration