U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
21 posts, read 22,442 times
Reputation: 19

Advertisements

My memory is fuzzy. To many hits to the head.
Were not large protests done here in the US by Illegals a little ways back. Why can't they fight for their rights en mass that way in their own country?
Their countries are much smaller than the US. So an en mass demonstration would carry much weight. Logic would point to a positive outcome.

The sad part is, every time someone tries to organize for American Citizens on a public forum here in the US, they can get booted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2010, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
I have agreed with you on just about everything 'cept this. Were the pot calling the kettle black.



Its not just other countries its here in the U.S. They have the same problem we do. They might be demanding things from their government- Im not sure but if they are obviously they arent being heard. Now again I state pot meet kettle, we have this problem because were not being heard. We dont all rally together and make demands from OUR government and even if we did they wouldnt listen to us because were American, they dont care what you have to say unless your from another country. Were stuck here in this country, we cant afford to leave or cant leave in general to another country so we have no other choice but deal with what the government does no matter how badly its screwing us.
You’ll get no argument from me. Our country has become too PC and too complacent to do much of anything. Not to mention, all who oppose illegal immigration are being maligned as being racists, xenophobes, and nativists. Even a Supreme Court Justice has set a precedent by jumping on the “undocumented” bandwagon. The same corrupt politicians are elected repeatedly on both sides of the aisle, despite clearly having no concern for their constituents. We need the tenacity of those who fought in the Civil Rights Movement. Where are their 21st century counterparts?

When I hear excuses for Mexicans, I am reminded of the poor blacks who refused to be treated as second-class citizens. I am reminded of blacks being hosed, attacked by police dogs, lynched, churches bombed, etc. If poor black Americans were willing to risk their lives to fight for equality in this country, why can’t the poor Mexicans do the same in Mexico? Why come here illegally and demand from this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Indiana
183 posts, read 204,942 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA-ahn View Post
My memory is fuzzy. To many hits to the head.
Were not large protests done here in the US by Illegals a little ways back. Why can't they fight for their rights en mass that way in their own country?
Their countries are much smaller than the US. So an en mass demonstration would carry much weight. Logic would point to a positive outcome.

The sad part is, every time someone tries to organize for American Citizens on a public forum here in the US, they can get booted.

yup. It seems that because we are American we no longer have any rights at all. They can create all these crimes and get away with it, if we do it.. oh no we go to jail. I have a few friends with buses that would gladly throw out their own hard earned money- and so would I and Im sure there are a butt load of other Americans out there that would do this too, Id even volunteer to drive them back to the border ... even if I have to make a week worth of trip back forth to get them all. If I knew that there was enough security on the border to keep em out. and if your not from Mexico but your illegal well youd better learn the language quick cuz your a** would be hauled over there too. I just wish we all knew how to stop this ourselves. the governement wont do it, we have to but how do we Americans do it? how do we take back our country without being jailed or shot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Indiana
183 posts, read 204,942 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You’ll get no argument from me. Our country has become too PC and too complacent to do much of anything. Not to mention, all who oppose illegal immigration are being maligned as being racists, xenophobes, and nativists. Even a Supreme Court Justice has set a precedent by jumping on the “undocumented” bandwagon. The same corrupt politicians are elected repeatedly on both sides of the aisle, despite clearly having no concern for their constituents. We need the tenacity of those who fought in the Civil Rights Movement. Where are their 21st century counterparts?

When I hear excuses for Mexicans, I am reminded of the poor blacks who refused to be treated as second-class citizens. I am reminded of blacks being hosed, attacked by police dogs, lynched, churches bombed, etc. If poor black Americans were willing to risk their lives to fight for equality in this country, why can’t the poor Mexicans do the same in Mexico? Why come here illegally and demand from this country?
I just typed up a post but Ill repeat it shortly. Mexicans dont make demands from their government because then they would have to do something. They would have to actually contribute to their government. Why stand up and make demands to someone that wont listen no matter what you do? but despite that why would they when they could live here and be pampered and sheltered and have a good life while they can and then go home and be rich? My question is this... what do WE do about it? and no Im not talking bout E-VERIFY and all that, thats government related we done know they dont care and they have plans to make it worse. but what do we Americans do about it? How do we take back our country and say "enough is enough" without being shot or jailed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
I just typed up a post but Ill repeat it shortly. Mexicans dont make demands from their government because then they would have to do something. They would have to actually contribute to their government. Why stand up and make demands to someone that wont listen no matter what you do? but despite that why would they when they could live here and be pampered and sheltered and have a good life while they can and then go home and be rich? My question is this... what do WE do about it? and no Im not talking bout E-VERIFY and all that, thats government related we done know they dont care and they have plans to make it worse. but what do we Americans do about it? How do we take back our country and say "enough is enough" without being shot or jailed?
I’m not sure what we can do other than massive protests, and voting these scumbags out of office. However, I have a feeling if something isn’t done soon, especially if unemployment benefits end, we may begin to see citizens taking matters into their own hands. It may get very ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 02:45 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
let them starve.

fasting in this case is silly.

wear that gps. suck it up. you got caught. next time dont drive without a license. dont get in trouble. simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yet, they refuse to demand anything from their own governments.


Jane Guskin: A New Immigrant Revolution Takes Shape: Wake Up -- It's Happening NOW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 02:46 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
and then google naked protests and mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Do a google search on the Zapatista revolution in Chiapas, Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 04:21 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
I'm going to start fasting to get the government to do things for me. I'm going to fast to get my student loans paid for because it would make my life better and easier if the government excused me of them.

What are you guys going to fast for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,891 posts, read 12,249,807 times
Reputation: 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I'm going to start fasting to get the government to do things for me. I'm going to fast to get my student loans paid for because it would make my life better and easier if the government excused me of them.

What are you guys going to fast for?
I think 2/3 of the US population should fast for obesity...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2010, 04:44 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
i wish i could rep you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I think 2/3 of the US population should fast for obesity...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top