U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:38 PM

421 posts, read 985,452 times

Advertisements

No dear, I quoted you. No one suggested bringing the people from Haiti to the U.S., just not deporting the people who were due to go back, whether it was a matter of an expired visa or if they washed up onshore tied to a Cuban.

(sorry, but still chuckling over that one - still worried about the Cubans - how 80's!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 07:01 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
No dear, I quoted you. No one suggested bringing the people from Haiti to the U.S., just not deporting the people who were due to go back, whether it was a matter of an expired visa or if they washed up onshore tied to a Cuban.

(sorry, but still chuckling over that one - still worried about the Cubans - how 80's!)
No dear, you DID NOT quote me!! Keep your posters straight, will you? I am one of the ones who said I don't think these illegal Haitians should be sent back to their country until it is stabilized.

You are wrong also about someone not suggesting we bring new Haitians here. It was mentioned in here by someone and I object to that.

Chuckle all you want. I never even got into any discussions about the Cubans in here. I will wait for an apology.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:12 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Are you kidding me? We have enough problems of our own right now and don't need the added population. Especially not more poor and destitute that we don't even have jobs for. Why not continue to help them in their own country?
Ellie C. did quote here...above is the quotation. Please do try to stay at the pace of the convo.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:15 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am assuming there are no illegal Haitians in Mexico, since they are not mentioned among the countries halting their deportations. Do you think Mexico will at least offer refuge to Haitians? Then again, how can they? Aren’t their poor being dumped on the US?
Their poor are not being dumped. I dont understand why the fixation on Mexico. People simply get up and move for better opportunities. There are some that are poor, dont get me wrong but people are NOT dumped. This is a game that both governments play because it benefits both economies, plain and simple...so they both play stupid.

Among the most desired countries to immigrate for Haitians, Mexico is not one of them. As I said, I dont know if Mexico will offer refuge to Haitians but if they do, it would make me even more proud of them.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:43 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Their poor are not being dumped. I dont understand why the fixation on Mexico. People simply get up and move for better opportunities. There are some that are poor, dont get me wrong but people are NOT dumped. This is a game that both governments play because it benefits both economies, plain and simple...so they both play stupid.

Among the most desired countries to immigrate for Haitians, Mexico is not one of them. As I said, I dont know if Mexico will offer refuge to Haitians but if they do, it would make me even more proud of them.
Let's hope Mexicans are nicer to Haitians than their Dominican neighbors:

Haitians in Dominican Republic face racism, discrimination | Worldfocus

Old 01-19-2010, 06:24 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Let's hope Mexicans are nicer to Haitians than their Dominican neighbors:

Haitians in Dominican Republic face racism, discrimination | Worldfocus
Quote:
Many impoverished Haitians cross the border into the Dominican Republic looking for arable land, fuel and work. Often, they face racial prejudice and their Dominican-born children are refused citizenship because they are considered “in transit.” These children are left stateless.
Interesting that the Dominican Republic evidently does not have birthright citizenship.

Too; the 'racism' thing is odd being that most of the above and most Haitians are of the same race-----------Black.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:21 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:

You don’t understand the fixation with Mexico? Perhaps it’s because we have at least 10% of their citizens living in this country illegally. True, they may not "literally" dump them across the border, but they certainly do NOTHING to prevent them from coming. Furthermore, they would be quite upset if the $$ billions $$ in remittances ceased. Face it, they are pimping their underclass.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:52 PM

276 posts, read 637,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How does our government know that the number of Haitians here illegally is 100,000 unless they are already in detention? There would be no support involved if they are in the work program that I proposed. They would be paying for their own upkeep. Besides paying for the incarceration of law breakers is a necessary evil as in our own home grown criminals.

Who is anti-immigrant by the way? Does the spin from the pro-illegal crowd ever stop?
What I find curious is...how does the government know how many illegal Haitians are in the US? Obviously if they do know then they have had no intention to return them anyway! Ahhhhhhh the sneaky bas^*)ds always playing head games with it's citizens.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:05 PM

183 posts, read 205,036 times
Quote:

Um what country are you living in? I dont recall recession a benefit, I remember it as a tragedy. Is Mexico in a recession? Do they have but loads of illegals there stealing jobs and homes making millions of Mexican citizens go unemployed? Millions to go homeless?

Old 01-24-2010, 01:08 PM

183 posts, read 205,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisaa View Post
What I find curious is...how does the government know how many illegal Haitians are in the US? Obviously if they do know then they have had no intention to return them anyway! Ahhhhhhh the sneaky bas^*)ds always playing head games with it's citizens.
They dont know. Im sure they just either guessed or are absing the number off of people theyve caught or been reported. Im willing to bet theres more illegals here than they guess. Millions more. And our government isnt sneaky, their dirty and corrupt. They dont care bout anyone but themselves as long as they have a job and a home and are set for life. They are selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or