U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 04:22 PM

183 posts, read 204,923 times

Advertisements

sawl this and thought yall might get a laugh outta it.

I saw on the internet that Haiti is without a government. To help out, I am donating one Obama, one Pelosi, one Reid, one Frank, one Coakley and two Clintons! They may keep them permanently! I'd give them a constitution since we're not using ours right now!! ~~~ Status borrowed from a friend. . . keep it going!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 05:37 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
sawl this and thought yall might get a laugh outta it.

I saw on the internet that Haiti is without a government. To help out, I am donating one Obama, one Pelosi, one Reid, one Frank, one Coakley and two Clintons! They may keep them permanently! I'd give them a constitution since we're not using ours right now!! ~~~ Status borrowed from a friend. . . keep it going!
You really think this is funny??? There are people hungry, their families dead, people in need of medical care and all you can think of is making jokes?

Old 01-25-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You don’t understand the fixation with Mexico? Perhaps it’s because we have at least 10% of their citizens living in this country illegally. True, they may not "literally" dump them across the border, but they certainly do NOTHING to prevent them from coming. Furthermore, they would be quite upset if the $$ billions $$ in remittances ceased. Face it, they are pimping their underclass.
No, I don't understand the fixation with Mexico and I will tell you why. If that 10% of Mexico would not have been given a job by an American, that 10% would have found their way back to Mexico. The same could be said about the US, the US for YEARS, did NOTHING about it. Just as much as Mexico enjoys those remittances, the US enjoys the cheap labor and their great contributions to our economy with their spending. Poor immigrants, they've got two pimps...Mexico and the US-face it. We (the US) are not innocent.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
You really think this is funny??? There are people hungry, their families dead, people in need of medical care and all you can think of is making jokes?
I find it easier to live life with a sense of humor. Everything doesnt always have to be serious, makes life pointless. People were joking bout Hurricane Katrina weeks after it hit. Helps lighten the load and make things more easier to handle. Besides if you contantly go on thinking about it in a serious manner you become an a**hole, a know it all and someone noone wants to tolerate. So if I want to post a joke to others on this thread that beleive the same as me and I know would laugh at this, if I want to "lighten the atmoshpere" Im going to. And I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS ABOUT IT!!! Have a good day.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:39 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
No, I don't understand the fixation with Mexico and I will tell you why. If that 10% of Mexico would not have been given a job by an American, that 10% would have found their way back to Mexico. The same could be said about the US, the US for YEARS, did NOTHING about it. Just as much as Mexico enjoys those remittances, the US enjoys the cheap labor and their great contributions to our economy with their spending. Poor immigrants, they've got two pimps...Mexico and the US-face it. We (the US) are not innocent.
The problem is though that the American taxpayer is having to pay for our government having given a wink and a nod to those employers that are hiring them without our approval. Where is your compassion for your regular American? Your scenario doesn't change the fact that it is mostly Mexicans here illegally accepting those jobs. They aren't the innocents either. What you call fixation over Mexicans is merely about their overwhelming numbers compared to illegal aliens from other groups.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:43 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
She like the rest of us acknowledges the tradgedy in Haiti. Her attempt at humor about our own politicians in no way desenitizes that terrible disaster. I would feel sorry for the Haitians if those politicians she mentioned did go over there and set up a government. God help them!

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-25-2010 at 07:00 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
She like the rest of us acknowledges the tradgedy in Haiti. Her attempt at humor about our own politicians in no way desenitizes that terrible disaster. I would feel sorry for the Haitians if those politicians she mentioned did go over there and set up a government. God help them!
Thank you chicagonut . Just tryin to "lighten up" the thread. I would feel sorry for them too but how awesome would it be to be rid of them?! lol

Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
Um what country are you living in? I dont recall recession a benefit, I remember it as a tragedy. Is Mexico in a recession? Do they have but loads of illegals there stealing jobs and homes making millions of Mexican citizens go unemployed? Millions to go homeless?
In what world are you living in? The economic crisis was caused by the mortgage companies. This triggered a GLOBAL economic crisis. No wonder I couldn't understand your posts. It seems you are up with current events in the US but not with the rest of the world and even then, you don't have all the right facts. So if there are homeless people here in our country, there are people who are dying of hunger, literally, in other parts of the world. Not long ago I posted an article from CNN that showed how this economic crisis caused people to die of starvation in parts of Asia and Africa. I suggest you look up the following; US housing and mortgage crisis, US debt to China and the cost of the current wars we are fighting, to start with. I hope this helps to open your eyes, your mind and broaden your views.

Secondly, I never said there was a benefit from a recession. I said that both countries enjoyed benefits from these illegal immigrants who contributed with their remittances and cheap labor. Contrary to popular opinion that illegal immigrants send all their money to foreign countries, I believe that they are part of two economies, our country and theirs.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
I agree. However, U.S. citizens did not facilitate this nightmare, our government did. In my opinion, the citizens of this country are the real victims, because we are being forced to fund the collusion between the governments of Mexico and the US, as well as illegal alien advocacy groups such as La Raza. Not to mention, wage depression and displaced workers. Most citizens were oblivious to this problem, until it became too pervasive for anyone to possibly overlook.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 AM

136 posts, read 357,232 times
So much for Homeland security.Now we can support them,house them,give them money and teach them to hate us in return!
Lets take care of the USA First,then help the neighbors,maybe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or