U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2010, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Indiana
183 posts, read 205,597 times
Reputation: 44

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
In what world are you living in? The economic crisis was caused by the mortgage companies. This triggered a GLOBAL economic crisis. No wonder I couldn't understand your posts. It seems you are up with current events in the US but not with the rest of the world and even then, you don't have all the right facts. So if there are homeless people here in our country, there are people who are dying of hunger, literally, in other parts of the world. Not long ago I posted an article from CNN that showed how this economic crisis caused people to die of starvation in parts of Asia and Africa. I suggest you look up the following; US housing and mortgage crisis, US debt to China and the cost of the current wars we are fighting, to start with. I hope this helps to open your eyes, your mind and broaden your views.

Secondly, I never said there was a benefit from a recession. I said that both countries enjoyed benefits from these illegal immigrants who contributed with their remittances and cheap labor. Contrary to popular opinion that illegal immigrants send all their money to foreign countries, I believe that they are part of two economies, our country and theirs.
Apparently not the same as you are. I am very well aware of what is going on around the world however I dont let it disrupt my life. I care more bout whats happening with my own country. You couldnt understand my post because YOU are too closed minded. Not me huni. You think every thread should be about what is happenings in all the countries and its not this is a part of the board that is about illegal immigration in OUR country, check the link next time. I know of our debt of trillions of dollars, I post this dozens of times in different threads. Do not play me for stupid. I am simple minded and straight to the point and I am comfortable with it. Id rather do that and have a sense of humor than be complex minded and take everything seriously.

Both countries dont enjoy the benefits, the governments do but the citizens in this country sure as he** dont. Yes they do send their money back home its a recorded fact the only money they put into this country is the dues to live by. rent, gas, food extc.. and even that is cheap for them. 40 illegals in a 1 bedroom apartment. 14 in a 6 passenger vehicle. I know what I am talking about. I honestly dont care what your opinion is of me so keep it to yourself. You do not need to insult my intelligence, just because you dont like what I post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2010, 08:12 AM
 
Location: Indiana
183 posts, read 205,597 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
In what world are you living in? The economic crisis was caused by the mortgage companies. This triggered a GLOBAL economic crisis. No wonder I couldn't understand your posts. It seems you are up with current events in the US but not with the rest of the world and even then, you don't have all the right facts. So if there are homeless people here in our country, there are people who are dying of hunger, literally, in other parts of the world. Not long ago I posted an article from CNN that showed how this economic crisis caused people to die of starvation in parts of Asia and Africa. I suggest you look up the following; US housing and mortgage crisis, US debt to China and the cost of the current wars we are fighting, to start with. I hope this helps to open your eyes, your mind and broaden your views.

Secondly, I never said there was a benefit from a recession. I said that both countries enjoyed benefits from these illegal immigrants who contributed with their remittances and cheap labor. Contrary to popular opinion that illegal immigrants send all their money to foreign countries, I believe that they are part of two economies, our country and theirs.
Perhaps you should do your research before you jump to assumptions about people you dont know. I am reposting a few replies I posted on this very thread page 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
grrrr okay. Im gonna repeat on this thread what I keep saying. WE HAVE NO JOB NOR MONEY to offer these people. Our jobs are already taken by temp work visas and illegals. Americans are fighting for a job as is, bring them here and the chances of an American holding a job will be way less than it is right now. Not to mention you bring them here unless you place tracking devices on them, they will be here for good. If the government is going to put in the effort to gather all of them 1 by 1 and send em back why dont they do that with the illegals and the ones here on temp visas as well? and then allow us to rebuild our own country to where it should be before we try to help any other country by bringing them here. What good would it be to bring someone here and offer help when you dont have help to offer. If were not digging the whole deeper were shoveling more sh** on this has to stop. The thing about allowing them to "Temporarily stay and work" is meaning they dont have to pay taxes. Just like the ones here on temp visas- from what Ive been told temp visas dont have to pay taxes. I could be wrong and if I am Im sorry. I beleive they dont tho cuz if they did they would actualy be contributing not just work to our country instead of soaking it all up.
[quote=mommylee963;12473123]So are those other countries offering to let them come in and work and live and send money back home? Especially when they have nothing they can realy offer? Okay Ill tell you what your disgusted. I have a question for you. Will you give up YOUR house and YOUR job to them? If you tell me yes I know your lying. If you say no you should be disgusted with yourself. Unless of course you dont work and rely on others to take care of you. In which case you have no business voicing that we are selfish because you have nothing to sacrifice.

posted by another member-
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA-ahn View Post
First, Let us get this straight. O’Bama Has promised 100 million in aid.
That’s just the Cash. Add the Military Cost. Add the donations from the rest of America alone, maybe another 200 to 300 million. Now add the price of goods and services sent.
I am not admonishing this. This is America, and we are the best and largest givers of aid and assistance around the globe. I gave myself 1 hour ago $100.00 to the Red Cross. Did you give
Where I have the problem is in giving work permits to illegals here
I understand we should stop deportation for this moment. There isn’t a viable country to send them to.
For the aid we are giving. There is NO reason to allow temp status for those here now.
To my knowledge this temp status does not apply to the victims of the earthquake. That doesn’t make sense.This is the Administrations way of using this disaster to further their Pro-Illegal Agenda.
I am sorry, but we do not have an infinite amount of jobs and services Why, do we think every American Citizen is all set financially or able to feed his/her family or has a Roof over their head. THIS IS A MYTH
AMERICAN CITIZENS OF ALL ETHNICITIES FIRST(quote] -

Yes my church has an organization going we can donate money clothes and food. I have donated and am signed up to go through medical training to help.
I agree no reason to allow it those already here. Theyve been here, not there they did not suffer this disaster.
Finally someone sees my arguement. we dont have jobs and services to offer. we are TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN DEBT with other countries and we have been supporting illegals and people coming in on temp work visas with no intention of becoming a citizen. It is hard as is for us to find jobs because business would rather go for cheap labor. Bring them here and everyone will lose their jobs. Thats not being selfish its being realistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Indiana
183 posts, read 205,597 times
Reputation: 44
Benicar, chicagonut, tinman, BigDGeek, mkfarnam, ArizonaBear, and other people I didnt list that I usually associate with, even theone, that1guy, and opyelie... thank you for a great run on this board. I am still new to this and dont know how to send 1 message to multiple members so Im just gonna post this here and hope yall see it. This is my last post for the next few weeks. I am moving and it will take at&t 2 weeks before they can install my service at my new house so I will not be replying to anyone or anything for the next 3 weeks. Feel free to send me messages if you wish while I am gone I will get them when I return. Have fun, God bless and Im gonna miss yall. Cya in 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 08:34 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Reputation: 2130
Good luck with your move, mommylee. Hope you find more happiness in your new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
Benicar, chicagonut, tinman, BigDGeek, mkfarnam, ArizonaBear, and other people I didnt list that I usually associate with, even theone, that1guy, and opyelie... thank you for a great run on this board. I am still new to this and dont know how to send 1 message to multiple members so Im just gonna post this here and hope yall see it. This is my last post for the next few weeks. I am moving and it will take at&t 2 weeks before they can install my service at my new house so I will not be replying to anyone or anything for the next 3 weeks. Feel free to send me messages if you wish while I am gone I will get them when I return. Have fun, God bless and Im gonna miss yall. Cya in 3 weeks.
Be careful (especially here in winter) and keep us posted. Are you moving to Oklahoma by any chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Indiana
183 posts, read 205,597 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Be careful (especially here in winter) and keep us posted. Are you moving to Oklahoma by any chance?
Got a second before hubby starts taping up boxes so I thought Id reply real quick. No were gonna vacation to OK this spring to see how we like it before we make plans of moving down there. Were just moving literatly down the street into a bigger better house. the one we are in is basically a dumpster and not inhabitable for our kids, it was only ment to be temp til this house opened for us. Well be careful I promise especially on these roads they never plow em or salt em. Thank you all see you in a few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Reputation: 3084
Good luck in your new home and no "hard feelings" over our previous differences = )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2010, 02:59 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,417,611 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
Apparently not the same as you are. I am very well aware of what is going on around the world however I dont let it disrupt my life. I care more bout whats happening with my own country. You couldnt understand my post because YOU are too closed minded. Not me huni. You think every thread should be about what is happenings in all the countries and its not this is a part of the board that is about illegal immigration in OUR country, check the link next time. I know of our debt of trillions of dollars, I post this dozens of times in different threads. Do not play me for stupid. I am simple minded and straight to the point and I am comfortable with it. Id rather do that and have a sense of humor than be complex minded and take everything seriously.

Both countries dont enjoy the benefits, the governments do but the citizens in this country sure as he** dont. Yes they do send their money back home its a recorded fact the only money they put into this country is the dues to live by. rent, gas, food extc.. and even that is cheap for them. 40 illegals in a 1 bedroom apartment. 14 in a 6 passenger vehicle. I know what I am talking about. I honestly dont care what your opinion is of me so keep it to yourself. You do not need to insult my intelligence, just because you dont like what I post.
Wow! It was never my intent to insult you. When you commented about our country in a recession and asking if Mexico was in a recession, it was very evident. Otherwise, I don't know why you would ask. If your only concern are those that side with your views, considering Americans like the Clinton's are not of your liking, then fine. I, on the other hand, do consider myself a humanist.

Anyhow, have fun with the move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2010, 03:52 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,417,611 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I agree. However, U.S. citizens did not facilitate this nightmare, our government did. In my opinion, the citizens of this country are the real victims, because we are being forced to fund the collusion between the governments of Mexico and the US, as well as illegal alien advocacy groups such as La Raza. Not to mention, wage depression and displaced workers. Most citizens were oblivious to this problem, until it became too pervasive for anyone to possibly overlook.
You have some very good points Benicar. However, I still think the fault lies with us Americans and not Mexico. I have seen any programs in Mexico advising Mexicans not to immigrate illegally. Some in form of TV series, some in commercials, informative flyers, and many more like the display of crosses. The problem comes when one decides to immigrate illegally (He knows it's against the law) and upon arrival instead of turning him away or discouraging him with no hire, he is EMPLOYED by an American. What does he do? He calls up someone in his neighborhood and tells him "as soon as I get stable" you can come, there is work for the both of us". No matter what they tells us, most of us don't listen to our governent. I'm sure you understand that feeling. Someone else's experiece you personally know counts far more, than what you see on a commercial. It doesn't stop there with us...one of the craziest things I had ever seen our country do is allow illegal immigrants to purchase a home. I literally thought our governent would legalize them at some point in time. Otherwise, I could not explain it. Mexico didn't force us to give them jobs. Mexico didn't force us to give them mortgage loans. Mexico didn't force us to give them bank accounts, welfare for their children, the list goes on. Mexico did not force us to do anything. WE did it to ourselves. If we are victims, we. Are victims of our own circumstances. Our immigration laws are lax and that is our fault and noone elses. Let's be truthful here, noone forced us to do anything. Noone dumped anyone on us. To keep blaming Mexico for our own problems is a fixation and a poor attempt to scapegoat. If those illegal immigrants would have arrived and Americans would have refused to provide them with a job, the stories when calling others in Mexico would have been different and there never would have been a chain migration. The illegal immigrant would have realized he was in the wrong. Instead, he found himself working for another who broke the same laws as he did. The exception is that the entire community and it's laws and policies aided him...sanctuary cities, immigration laws never upheld, welfare, etc. All of this...Mexico had nothing to do with.

In regards to the NCLR, it's not Mexicans or Mexico who proposed to protect illegal immigrants but the children of, who feel have rights...and legally they do. So they favor and fight for legalization and organize these marches. Whether good or bad, Mexico has nothing to do with it. As I said, I don't always agree with everything but they are Americans too and as Americans, we don't always agree on everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2010, 04:13 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,417,611 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree they shouldn't be deported until the country stabilizes somewhat but staying and working in the U.S. temporarily? What does that mean? If they are going to be allowed to roam freely around our country and take American jobs then I am opposed to that. They should be put on some kind of jail work program where they are monitored and returned to detention at night. As soon as Haiti has life sustaining facilities re-established then they should be deported.
Back on topic, the whole purpose is so Haitians that are already here can help their country. What good does it do if they are incarcerated? How is that helping Haiti? I don't understand your work program. I don't consider it humane considering their circumstances. It does not make sense to spend the money on finding them and encarcerating them than to legalize them so they can help Haiti. I'm sure they are already in too much stress locating their loved ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top