U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,032,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Sunnydays has stated she is a Christian and religious many times. She wants to throw liberal kids in the closet so the Christian kids can pray in schools.

She is very Christ like, huh?

NEVER stated I was religious, you assume a lot of things.

There you go again putting Christ into your post.

Is this all you have to offer?

We cannot allow diseased countries to just pile into America and spread their diseases to our kids.

Do you hate America that much that you are willing to put our kids at risk?

How liberal of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 PM

973 posts, read 1,095,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
What does Jesus have to do with this?
Matthew 7:12

Old 01-16-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post

hum

Do as to others? What did I or we do to them again?

I sent my donation and we have done an enormous amount of things for them.

Why are they coming here? and not Mexico? South America? Canada?
Russia, China?

Why is it our job to take them in?

We simply cannot, like it or not.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:14 PM

3,634 posts, read 4,854,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You're from South Florida huh? So you've been around the past 7 years or so when the numbers have exploded? Where gangs such as "Top 6" in Lake Worth transformed neighborhoods that used to be filled with retirees into violent no-go zones?

Orlando is EXACTLY the problem with an increase in illegal immigration. Again, it's not HAITIANS per se that is the problem, but an increase in, and retention of, MORE POOR, UNSKILLED, UNEDUCATED people into areas already stretched to their carrying capacity for same? I think I am well justified in being angry at the lack of foresight displayed by our disconnected from reality leaders.

Of course there should be a moratorium on deportations while the effects of the earthquake are at their worst, but let's be honest.... how many years will the moratorium drag on while that god forsaken country "rebuilds?"
Top six huh?..yeah i heard of them and Zoe pound...i went to school with kids who became some of these "gang members" u seem to be so intimidated by...i havent been down there living recently but i visit all the time cuz my dad lives there ....but i "have" been in Orlando for a while recently ...and there are Haitians in gangs there also...but the "majority" arent ruining Orlando....its mostly American born gang members ruining Orlando....the excuse u give to deport these people is bull dookey because even back in the 90's when i was in Miami we had lots of illegal spanish people and that seems to be the same there as it was then...but there is a difference between hard working illegals and criminals..all 200,000 that they said could stay are not criminals....tell me exactly what percent are criminals since u are mr. Miami

Old 01-16-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Really, this doesn't have much to do with Haitians "per se," but the fact that we are already fighting growing poverty and illegal immigration here in the region. WE DON'T NEED MORE POOR PEOPLE AND UNSKILLED WORKERS! We all know that the "protected status" will be extended indefinitely, and it WILL lead to an increase in those trying their luck to get to America.

We struggle as it is to find resources for schools and police as it is in light of the bad economy, I just cannot stand know-nothings who obviously have zero experience dealing with the effects of illegal immigration in terms of health, safety, and budgetary concerns that RESIDENTS do have to deal with!

Sure! Let everyone in! It's OK, so long as it's not in my backyard! Have you no HEART?!
Most of the whiners have not seen what illegals have done to America and Florida, south Florida in particular.

You and I have seen first hand how they are destroying Florida.

They are killing our schools that we built for our kids and over working our police forces with the rampant crime they commit.

Not to mention the anchors who then get welfare etc.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post

Oh no, you did it now.

The non believers will attack you to pieces now you posted that.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
hum

Do as to others? What did I or we do to them again?
Huh?

It's pretty simple. Were I in a situation where an authority was going to drop me into a death zone, I would want some sort of reprieve from being dropped into that death zone. Therefore, when I'm the authority (the US) who plans on dropping somebody into an area that has become a zone of death, according to Jesus in Matthew 7:12, I should reprieve that person from being dropped into said zone of death.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Oh no, you did it now.

The non believers will attack you to pieces now you posted that.
I'm a through and through atheist who in no way believes that Jesus is the divine son of some magical, omniscient sky fairy. That doesn't mean I don't find great value in the teachings of Jesus. I find his teaching of the Golden Rule very on point - in fact, it's why I support universal health care here in the US.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:28 PM

3,634 posts, read 4,854,932 times
Quote:
Most of the whiners have not seen what illegals have done to America and Florida, south Florida in particular.

You and I have seen first hand how they are destroying Florida.

They are killing our schools that we built for our kids and over working our police forces with the rampant crime they commit.

Not to mention the anchors who then get welfare etc.
u guys are funny as hell....i just moved from Poinciana Florida where i was on a street where i was living with a puerto rican and black roomate and across the street we had Jamaicans, and a haitian family a few houses down then another Haitian family at the corner and the rest was puerto rican....i am a white boy and no one ever gave me any problems over there... the town was like 70 percent puerto rican and i was a minority there ...i never got robbed never got in a fight there....i saw lots of cars with loud mufflers "street racers" but never had problems...the only thing tough out there was finding jobs but it wasnt because of illegals..most Puerto Ricans are legal in that area...i lived also in Miami, Orlando, Houston, California, and many small towns throughout the U.S in my life now im in Tennessee..so i see the differences and issues and things are only as bad as u make it....when i was a kid i lived in the car with my brother and mom and in arizona when we broke down and we were on food stamps and stuff like that always came up but i had no idea i was any different than others because it was my life....not until i became an adult did i see the way people look down on others and say a certain kind of people are bad because they are poor or black

Old 01-16-2010, 10:30 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,000,380 times
Quote:
NEVER stated I was religious, you assume a lot of things.

There you go again putting Christ into your post.

Is this all you have to offer?

We cannot allow diseased countries to just pile into America and spread their diseases to our kids.

Do you hate America that much that you are willing to put our kids at risk?

How liberal of you?
Oh yes you did. You are always sticking up for religious people and told me that you wanted to put liberal kids in the closet so the Christian can pray. If that does not indicate being religious, then I don't know what does.

You are absurd. You know damn right I am AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Jesus Christ.

And no, I love America. At least I am not crying about religion but then wanting to deny Islamic women the RIGHT to cover themselves if they want. Talk about a hypocrite. What a JOKE! Do you hate America so MUCH that you want to deny some Freedom of Religion which is what this country stands for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration