U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:21 AM

22,152 posts, read 26,620,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
I agree. Thanks Janet. This was the right and moral thing to do.
Maybe right and moral for the criminals, certainly not for U.S. citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 12:59 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,036,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Well I've never seen how you would act during a food drop had you had a family that had not eaten in days, so I am unsure if I even want you here.

The door is open for you to leave anytime.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:45 AM

25,237 posts, read 13,311,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
What does Jesus have to do with this?

So you are not a follower of Jesus then?
If I have to explain it to you and you claim to be a follower of Jesus then you have obviously missed a few lessons.
Yes, I am one of his followers, and when it comes to the world I try to ask myself what would HE would do and want us to do. Something I doubt you have done, especially when it comes to our dealings with our fellow man, but that is your problem, not mine.
Casper

Old 01-17-2010, 08:45 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Great, now we will get stuck with more anchor babies to take care of.

Who is she fooling, they will never go home.

Let South America take them.

We have no more room and need to deport the crap out of Mexicans now.
Hmm. That does bring up an interesting point. If they give birth on our soil after this temporary legal status is granted would their kids become automatic citizens? That would just put more burden on the taxpayer and anchor themselves to stay here permanently (the old ripped apart families whining would start). A stipulation needs to be added to this temporary status that their kids will become automatic citizens of Haiti.

I also share your concerns that this will end up being permanent rather than temporay based on what was stated in here about the Hondurans, etc.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:24 AM

17,281 posts, read 24,969,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Top six huh?..yeah i heard of them and Zoe pound...i went to school with kids who became some of these "gang members" u seem to be so intimidated by...i havent been down there living recently but i visit all the time cuz my dad lives there ....but i "have" been in Orlando for a while recently ...and there are Haitians in gangs there also...but the "majority" arent ruining Orlando....its mostly American born gang members ruining Orlando....the excuse u give to deport these people is bull dookey because even back in the 90's when i was in Miami we had lots of illegal spanish people and that seems to be the same there as it was then...but there is a difference between hard working illegals and criminals..all 200,000 that they said could stay are not criminals....tell me exactly what percent are criminals since u are mr. Miami
Reading comprehension problem? I'm not "Mr. Miami," as I was discussing LAKE WORTH which is in PALM BEACH COUNTY. Not only that, you fail to grasp the problem that IMPORTATION OF POVERTY CREATES CRIME. The moratorium on deportation is going to be permanent. Just wait and see. AND, it will create an influx of MORE uneducated, unskilled, desperately poor people once word gets out that the US won't send them back home.

Andf then, where will these people work? Where will the kids go to school? More importantly, who is going to pay for it?

Sounds to me like you don't pay property taxes that go to fund schools and police, and I venture that if you have a job, you get all your taxes back at the end of the year, so you probably don't give a damn, do you?

Old 01-17-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Well, don't think the Irish have that wet-foot/dry-foot thingie going on.

When people who came to this country under the same conditions as many of the Haitians have come to this country, and now they have the gall to scream about the uneducated, unskilled, poor Haitians in Miami/South Florida, it just makes me want to PUKE!!!
Actually, the first wave of Cuban immigrants were primarily upper class, with some resources, money, and education.

The problems primarily began with Mariel, which saw the influx of poorer, less educated as compared to previous Cuban immigrants.

Guess people haven't learned any lessons since then, have they?

(BTW, I also think wet foot/dry foot needs to go, but some people can't let go of the 60s, including the US government. Maybe when Castro finally croaks).

Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 AM

2,930 posts, read 6,028,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Actually, the first wave of Cuban immigrants were primarily upper class, with some resources, money, and education.

The problems primarily began with Mariel, which saw the influx of poorer, less educated as compared to previous Cuban immigrants.
Wrong! The low class Cubans started arriving way before the Mariel. I'm sick and tired of these myths. A visit to places like East Hialeah, East Little Havana and older parts of Hialeah will prove this point.

I rather deal with recently arrived Cubans than all that racist, political obsessed garbage that arrived in the 60's or 70's. They are a disgrace and are obsessed with the whiteness of their skin They are crybabies who are desperate to be accepted as white nonhispanics. For years they were obsessed pretending not to be hispanics but their Lopez, Gomez or Gonzalez last name gave them away. the Miami forum is not just trolls taking about race, this is what we live in Miami everyday. Old Cubans being racist and discriminating against people of black or mixed heritage.

I agree they should stop accepting the Cubans. They are not coming here for political reasons. As for the haitians, they need to make sure they send back anybody that is trying to immigrate now, like Napolitano promised.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:20 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Thanks Janet....we have enough problems in the US without you legalizing 200,000 illegal alien criminals on US soil.
Secretary Of Homeland Security?!? I know..."the system works". When will this insanity end?

Napolitano Announces Temporary Protected Status For Haitian Nationals
This is the far left amnesty democratic politician's BS farm program where amnesty democratic politicians bring in 3rd world poverty stricken people, put them on democratic welfare programs and, voila, turn them into welfare dependent future democratic voters. It is a foregone conclusion that once anyone in a democratic welfare farm program reaches future democratic voter status that they will never be deported.

Immigrants from Honduras and Nicaragua have enjoyed the temporary 18 month status since 1999. El Salvador was added to the list in 2001. Somalia and Sudan were added more recently.

If the amnesty democratic politicians somehow pass their amnesty legislation you can bet that the now welfare dependent future democratic voters from Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Somalia, Sudan and now Haiti will all be included.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Wrong! The low class Cubans started arriving way before the Mariel. I'm sick and tired of these myths. A visit to places like East Hialeah, East Little Havana and older parts of Hialeah will prove this point.
Sorry, but post-Mariel boat lift, the crime rate in Miami DID increase drastically, and that was only 125k people. The crime statistics bear that out..

And it does not matter that some poor began moving, the general trend is true:

Those affected by Castro's policies in the 60s were mostly the white ruling class with the money and resources. Those that came subsequent had less resources, regardless of their race.

Isn't Cuba today vastly different in demographics race-wise than it was in the 1940s and 1950s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess
They are crybabies who are desperate to be accepted as white nonhispanics. For years they were obsessed pretending not to be hispanics but their Lopez, Gomez or Gonzalez last name gave them away. the Miami forum is not just trolls taking about race, this is what we live in Miami everyday.
Look, I am aware of the issue. But I think a lot of anger and angst comes from the fact that white Hispanics of any nationality are pigeonholed by non-Hispanics as "minorities," and treated as such. It is like having your identity stripped down and ignored because Americans are too stupid to understand that Hispanic is not a race. It's not desparation to be accepted, it's the need to not be considered something you are not. Just like Dominicans often do not want to be called African American.

Spaniards ARE white European, ya know. The "Gonzales" last name was originally a white name.

I don't think I would like it, and neither would you, who are obviously of mixed heritage and might have some more personal issues with the subject.

Funnily enough, Haitian immigrant groups often consider wetfoot/dryfoot to be "racist" because it allows "white Cubans" in, but not black Haitians.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:04 AM

43 posts, read 33,258 times
Quote:
Great, now we will get stuck with more anchor babies to take care of.

Who is she fooling, they will never go home.

Let South America take them.

We have no more room and need to deport the crap out of Mexicans now.
This.

I'm getting so tired of this. Yesterday at a store I saw a whole family (yes, of Hispanics) wearing "Legalize L.A." shirts.

I'm getting tired of having to be ashamed of my Hispanic heritage. I'm getting tired of these people taking advantage of us and basically sucking the life out of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration