U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2010, 08:21 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,208,419 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The implied race card. The weapon of those with no viable argument or rebuttal.
If the majority of illegals were Thai nationals I would demand and expect them all to be held accountable and deported and I really love the Thai people.
The fact of the matter is race, nation of origin or religion is not the issue.
The issue is that they are criminals.
Once again. Mexicans are called out because they are the majority of the criminal illegals. All illegals being criminals.. Add to the problem is the apparent support illegal Mexicans enjoy from the hispanic community.
You know what? No matter how many times we explain this to the pro-illegals they keep coming back with the race card anyway.

 
Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 AM
 
Location: N of citrus, S of decent corn
35,009 posts, read 43,162,214 times
Reputation: 57996
Ridiculous. Nobody cares two figs about skin color. We don't want people to come here illegally, fail to learn English, and suck up resources without contributing to the tax base.
Furthermore, Swedish people could never toil in the sun being gardeners or picking crops...they'd burn to a crisp.
 
Old 01-19-2010, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,749,315 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ridiculous. Nobody cares two figs about skin color. We don't want people to come here illegally, fail to learn English, and suck up resources without contributing to the tax base.
Furthermore, Swedish people could never toil in the sun being gardeners or picking crops...they'd burn to a crisp.
Not 100% true there: not all Latinos are dark 'brown' and they tend to cover up as well in the sun. Also Arabs wear their robes and headscarves in the Middle East to protect themselves from the sun despite most of them having olive complexions.
 
Old 01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,098,163 times
Reputation: 822
Sadly, anti-illegal immigration/ anti-immigrant activists (since there is a good amount of overlap at times) tend to draw a number of racists.
 
Old 01-19-2010, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,749,315 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Sadly, anti-illegal immigration/ anti-immigrant activists (since there is a good amount of overlap at times) tend to draw a number of racists.
As do quite a few ethnocentric Hispanic groups who in favor of amnesty for only Spanish speaking Mestizos. And, if said 'Hispanic' illegal alien is too White, too Black or, sometimes, even too Indian--------they don't count as part of la raza.
 
Old 01-19-2010, 01:11 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,208,419 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As do quite a few ethnocentric Hispanic groups who in favor of amnesty for only Spanish speaking Mestizos. And, if said 'Hispanic' illegal alien is too White, too Black or, sometimes, even too Indian--------they don't count as part of la raza.
IMO the pro-illegals are represented by far more ethnocentrics and racists than on the anti-illegal side. Far too many Hispanic citizens are onboard with amnesty just because of like ethnic kind. I don't see a whole lot of white or black people vying for amnesty for illegals who are racially like themselves.
 
Old 01-19-2010, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,749,315 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
IMO the pro-illegals are represented by far more ethnocentrics and racists than on the anti-illegal side. Far too many Hispanic citizens are onboard with amnesty just because of like ethnic kind. I don't see a whole lot of white or black people vying for amnesty for illegals who are racially like themselves.
I certainly have no real sense of 'la raza' with illegal aliens from Hungary-------despite my dad being from there. If I ran into a group of (probable) illegals from there, I would notify ICE.
 
Old 01-19-2010, 02:57 PM
 
11 posts, read 9,225 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Sadly, anti-illegal immigration/ anti-immigrant activists (since there is a good amount of overlap at times) tend to draw a number of racists.
Not that I'm necessarily agreeing with your statement, but this same accusation can be made in regard to pro-illegal immigration/ pro-immigrant activists.
 
Old 01-19-2010, 03:20 PM
 
Location: San Diego
33,049 posts, read 30,318,708 times
Reputation: 17868
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot77 View Post
Not that I'm necessarily agreeing with your statement, but this same accusation can be made in regard to pro-illegal immigration/ pro-immigrant activists.


Correct, you will see radical racist behavior on both sides of this agenda. The Govt of mostly 3 Countries have managed to pit the American working class against the poor of Mexico and Guatemala.

Well, the battle is going to get ugly, real ugly especially if there is more talk of bringing in yet more illegal, poor Mexicans and Guatemalans to compete for jobs and social services.
 
Old 01-19-2010, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,279,381 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You know what? No matter how many times we explain this to the pro-illegals they keep coming back with the race card anyway.
Doesn't that just p*$$ you off?!@?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top