U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Comment noted.
So why the ethnocentric remarks?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:01 AM

77 posts, read 88,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesBlessed View Post
Swedish, with blond hair and blue eyes? Would we really be having all this uproar? Probably not....
They would still hate us. If we had high education and were taking their high paying jobs they would hate us even more. The less hypocritical people like our hardworking cheap labor. It allows them to work their white collar jobs and still have free time and increase their life quality The cheap labor will serve thei food at restaurants, cut their lawn, watch their kids as nannies, clean their homes, take their payments at grocery stores, repair their homes, while they sit in a beautiful office with air conditioner and spend half of their day at work having not work related conversations. The American life, a tale of two classes.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
They would still hate us. If we had high education and were taking their high paying jobs they would hate us even more. The less hypocritical people like our hardworking cheap labor. It allows them to work their white collar jobs and still have free time and increase their life quality The cheap labor will serve thei food at restaurants, cut their lawn, watch their kids as nannies, clean their homes, take their payments at grocery stores, repair their homes, while they sit in a beautiful office with air conditioner and spend half of their day at work having not work related conversations. The American life, a tale of two classes.
So you are saying that we don't have a class of Americans who are low skilled or our youth who won't do those jobs? How did they get done before the illegals arrived en masse? Not every American is cut out for a white colored job you know. We have had a large blue collar work force since our country's founding. Did they suddenly disappear? I have stated in here before that I know there is probably a need for farm workers (low skilled job) and that for the most part Americans will not do that job because it doesn't pay a liveable wage for an adult American but farmers need to hire legal foreign workers for them. I don't have a problem with that and they can usually be hired seasonally and temporarily.

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-20-2010 at 10:15 AM..

Old 01-20-2010, 10:13 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Ok here we go again. The issue is not race its about criminal behavior and the entitlment mentality.
Cut our grass. Never had anyone cut my grass except my son and it was torture to watch.
Nannies. Well it is true that some use nannies in this country but the vast majority do not. And of the ones that do many use legal Au Pairs or however it is spelled. Those that don't should be hit with a $10,000 fine.
My house. Built with all american labor. I saw to that... Once again any contractor caught using illegal labor should receive a $10,000 fine per illegal.
I live the American life and the dream. Grew up on a poor dairy farm. Nope never used any illegals on it. Went into the service learned a whole lot of skills not very useful in civilian life. Now I own a $250,000 home on some acres of land including a pond. Never cheated, lied or broke the law to get what I have. And now you think that people like should reward those who lie cheat and steal as a way of life?
I don't sit in an airconditioned office I work in a factory...

Old 01-20-2010, 10:27 AM

77 posts, read 88,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So you are saying that we don't have a class of Americans who are low skilled or our youth who won't do those jobs? How did they get done before the illegals arrived en masse? Not every American is cut out for a white colored job you know. We have had a large blue collar work force since our country's founding. Did they suddenly disappear?
That's their predicament if an adult of any race has to compete with undereducated immigrants, when they had all resources available like the best free public schools and college loans. if they live in a dead end town, is ttime for them to move to where the jobs are. That's what Americans do. They mobilize to wheee the jobs are located. The best Americans who choose blue collar careers will get to be store managers, waiters at fancy restaurants making $150 in tips daily, factory supervisors or work in unionized companies mAKing $25 an hour. the less talented will have to fight for their jobs with low skilled immigrants for minimum wage jobs all their lives

there is absolutely no reason why any American should work minimum wage jobs all their lives.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
That's their predicament if an adult of any race has to compete with undereducated immigrants, when they had all resources available like the best free public schools and college loans. if they live in a dead end town, is ttime for them to move to where the jobs are. That's what Americans do. They mobilize to wheee the jobs are located. The best Americans who choose blue collar careers will get to be store managers, waiters at fancy restaurants making $150 in tips daily, factory supervisors or work in unionized companies mAKing $25 an hour. the less talented will have to fight for their jobs with low skilled immigrants for minimum wage jobs all their lives

there is absolutely no reason why any American should work minimum wage jobs all their lives.
Actually there is no reason why Americans should permit even 1 single illegal to work in this country.
Your answer is for Americans to relocate to provide opprotunity for illegals?
My answer is for the illegals to take their so called work ethic home and work to improve their own country.
Legal immigrants are always welcome. Illegals? We produce enough criminals on our own.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:56 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Put that discredited 'race card' away, please---------all it does is make you look foolish.

My quarrel is not with folks who come here legally ('brown' Hispanic or not); it is with illegal aliens AKA criminals.

Besides: quite a few Anglos are 'brown' as well along with most Blacks and some other Americans yet all as a group have less prejudice directed torwards them than even 'White' illegals.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:49 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Put that discredited 'race card' away, please---------all it does is make you look foolish.

My quarrel is not with folks who come here legally ('brown' Hispanic or not); it is with illegal aliens AKA criminals.

Besides: quite a few Anglos are 'brown' as well along with most Blacks and some other Americans yet all as a group have less prejudice directed torwards them than even 'White' illegals.
Comment noted...so why the ethnocentrist remarks? Please answer.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:19 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:

Wait a minute. . . Correct me if I’m mistaken, but aren’t you the one who employs others? Aren’t you the one, with a college education? Then, why are you referring to yourself as one of “them” (illegals)?

Every country has unskilled and uneducated citizens, and the U.S. is no exception. However, your implication that illegal aliens have been relegated to second-class status by the citizens of this country is simply not true. Foreigners who live in this country illegally have created their own “class” dilemma; just as all others who choose to violate our laws. Sorry, but we do not place criminals on pedestals. So, why do you believe illegal aliens deserve preferential treatment, or “class” elevation? They should be grateful for anything they receive from this country, considering the fact that they have no legal right to even be here.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wait a minute. . . Correct me if I’m mistaken, but aren’t you the one who employs others? Aren’t you the one, with a college education? Then, why are you referring to yourself as one of “them” (illegals)?

Every country has unskilled and uneducated citizens, and the U.S. is no exception. However, your implication that illegal aliens have been relegated to second-class status by the citizens of this country is simply not true. Foreigners who live in this country illegally have created their own “class” dilemma; just as all others who choose to violate our laws. Sorry, but we do not place criminals on pedestals. So, why do you believe illegal aliens deserve preferential treatment, or “class” elevation? They should be grateful for anything they receive from this country, considering the fact that they have no legal right to even be here.
Oh snap. Someone under estimated yet another sister. LOL Remind me not to ever play poker with you or B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration