U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2010, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
That's their predicament if an adult of any race has to compete with undereducated immigrants, when they had all resources available like the best free public schools and college loans. if they live in a dead end town, is ttime for them to move to where the jobs are. That's what Americans do. They mobilize to wheee the jobs are located. The best Americans who choose blue collar careers will get to be store managers, waiters at fancy restaurants making $150 in tips daily, factory supervisors or work in unionized companies mAKing $25 an hour. the less talented will have to fight for their jobs with low skilled immigrants for minimum wage jobs all their lives

there is absolutely no reason why any American should work minimum wage jobs all their lives.
Everyone is not college material. Nor does everyone have access to funds to pursue a college education. Thatís a fact. Today, job prospects are severely limited for those lacking a college education. For various reasons, many do not even complete high school. Do they not deserve to support their families? Should they be forced to compete against foreign interlopers?

There is absolutely no justification for the displacement of ANY citizen by an illegal alien. Your argument lacks both logic and merit, and only serves to illustrate the arrogance of illegal aliens and their apologists.

Tell me, if the vast majority of illegal aliens were Haitian, would you still be a passionate defender of illegal aliens and amnesty?

 
Old 01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
oh snap. Someone under estimated yet another sister. Lol remind me not to ever play poker with you or b.
You are too crazy.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are too crazy.
Sorry I am still recovering from the evil eye B sent my way a couple weeks ago. 2nd degree burns and a nervous twitch. You sisters have some awsome powers.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,217,823 times
Reputation: 4611
[quote=Benicar;12531418]Everyone is not college material. Nor does everyone have access to funds to pursue a college education. Thatís a fact. Today, job prospects are severely limited for those lacking a college education. For various reasons, many do not even complete high school. Do they not deserve to support their families? Should they be forced to compete against foreign interlopers?

There is absolutely no justification for the displacement of ANY citizen by an illegal alien. Your argument lacks both logic and merit, and only serves to illustrate the arrogance of illegal aliens and their apologists.

Quote:
Tell me, if the vast majority of illegal aliens were Haitian, would you still be a passionate defender of illegal aliens and amnesty?[/
QUOTE]

You don't really expect an answer do you........
 
Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,398,817 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
They would still hate us. If we had high education and were taking their high paying jobs they would hate us even more. The less hypocritical people like our hardworking cheap labor. It allows them to work their white collar jobs and still have free time and increase their life quality The cheap labor will serve thei food at restaurants, cut their lawn, watch their kids as nannies, clean their homes, take their payments at grocery stores, repair their homes, while they sit in a beautiful office with air conditioner and spend half of their day at work having not work related conversations. The American life, a tale of two classes.
You're probably right THEY would still hate you. But let's not forget that the illegal Mexican invasion wouldn't have been possible in the first place if the illegal aliens breaking in were well educated and were taking high paying jobs. The amnesty democratic politicians are only interested in hispandering to poorly educated easily malleable Mexicans who with a little welfare here and hispandering there will become dependable future democratic voters if amnestied. Hispandering democratic politicians might even work with the republicans fighting illegal immigration if we were talking about stopping independent thinking educated Mexicans from breaking in.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Reputation: 3028
[quote=mkfarnam;12533363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Everyone is not college material. Nor does everyone have access to funds to pursue a college education. Thatís a fact. Today, job prospects are severely limited for those lacking a college education. For various reasons, many do not even complete high school. Do they not deserve to support their families? Should they be forced to compete against foreign interlopers?

There is absolutely no justification for the displacement of ANY citizen by an illegal alien. Your argument lacks both logic and merit, and only serves to illustrate the arrogance of illegal aliens and their apologists.

QUOTE]

You don't really expect an answer do you........
Foolish me.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 03:31 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
That's their predicament if an adult of any race has to compete with undereducated immigrants, when they had all resources available like the best free public schools and college loans. if they live in a dead end town, is ttime for them to move to where the jobs are. That's what Americans do. They mobilize to wheee the jobs are located. The best Americans who choose blue collar careers will get to be store managers, waiters at fancy restaurants making $150 in tips daily, factory supervisors or work in unionized companies mAKing $25 an hour. the less talented will have to fight for their jobs with low skilled immigrants for minimum wage jobs all their lives

there is absolutely no reason why any American should work minimum wage jobs all their lives.
An American shouldn't have to compete with any illegal foreigner for ANY job and it is their right to be a ditch digger if they so choose. Many Americans like manual labor aka blue collar jobs because they prefer that to sitting at a desk all day and you are chastizing them for that? Construction is considered a blue collar job. Illegal aliens have taken over many of those jobs. So all American construction workers should move over for illegal alien labor? I can't believe that anyone would condone this behavior and expect Americans to move over for anyone who isn't even in our country illegally.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,217,823 times
Reputation: 4611
[quote=Benicar;12533571]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Foolish me.
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar
Everyone is not college material. Nor does everyone have access to funds to pursue a college education. That’s a fact. Today, job prospects are severely limited for those lacking a college education. For various reasons, many do not even complete high school. Do they not deserve to support their families? Should they be forced to compete against foreign interlopers?

There is absolutely no justification for the displacement of ANY citizen by an illegal alien. Your argument lacks both logic and merit, and only serves to illustrate the arrogance of illegal aliens and their apologists.

QUOTE]
Quote:
You don't really expect an answer do you........
Foolish me.
I don't know what I was thinking about when I posted that...
 
Old 01-20-2010, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
77 posts, read 88,229 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
You're probably right THEY would still hate you. But let's not forget that the illegal Mexican invasion wouldn't have been possible in the first place if the illegal aliens breaking in were well educated and were taking high paying jobs. The amnesty democratic politicians are only interested in hispandering to poorly educated easily malleable Mexicans who with a little welfare here and hispandering there will become dependable future democratic voters if amnestied. Hispandering democratic politicians might even work with the republicans fighting illegal immigration if we were talking about stopping independent thinking educated Mexicans from breaking in.
thank you for reading my post instead of posting some canned answers. I'm still amazed with these people claiming that I used the race card when obviously my answer was the opposite. I said they still would hate us even if we looked like the swedes. A

About not answering right away, at least wait a few days, I can't spend the whole day here...And "us" is the Hispanic community in general so no great discovery here nbut if assuming I'm an illegal alien makes you happy then let it be. I hope it makes your day however it would be nice if we could back to the topic in hand.

Yes I want amnesty for our Haitian brothers too. They are in my prayers like my status message states.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 05:51 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,823 posts, read 30,091,418 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
thank you for reading my post instead of posting some canned answers. I'm still amazed with these people claiming that I used the race card when obviously my answer was the opposite. I said they still would hate us even if we looked like the swedes. A

About not answering right away, at least wait a few days, I can't spend the whole day here...And "us" is the Hispanic community in general so no great discovery here nbut if assuming I'm an illegal alien makes you happy then let it be. I hope it makes your day however it would be nice if we could back to the topic in hand.

Yes I want amnesty for our Haitian brothers too. They are in my prayers like my status message states.
Why would you want America to become a Third World Country? If we had an open border it would have happened twenty years ago. What do you think happens with 2-3 million uneducated, poor peasants arrive yearly? Besides living off of the Govt what would they do for work? We don't have 3 million labor only jobs a year to offer anyone much the less the legals Citizens we already have. These poor can't pay taxes so how do you suggest they live here?

Without complete Socialism your pipe dream is just that. The Govt would have to disarm us all to prevent a civil war before that would ever happen. PIPE DREAM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top