U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2010, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
thank you for reading my post instead of posting some canned answers. I'm still amazed with these people claiming that I used the race card when obviously my answer was the opposite. I said they still would hate us even if we looked like the swedes. A

About not answering right away, at least wait a few days, I can't spend the whole day here...And "us" is the Hispanic community in general so no great discovery here nbut if assuming I'm an illegal alien makes you happy then let it be. I hope it makes your day however it would be nice if we could back to the topic in hand.

Yes I want amnesty for our Haitian brothers too. They are in my prayers like my status message states.
Pardon me, if you were referring to the “Hispanic community.” However, your descriptions were not of the Hispanic community; rather, Hispanic illegal aliens. Many Hispanic-Americans are educated and quite prosperous. As a matter of fact, I personally know quite a few, including my ex-husband. When you said “we” are providing your cheap labor, etc, I’m sorry, but Hispanic-Americans do not come to mind.

Part of the problem is the deliberate conflation of legal and illegal. You do the Hispanic community a grave disservice by assigning the same status to them as illegal aliens. They are not the same.

 
Old 01-20-2010, 04:55 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
thank you for reading my post instead of posting some canned answers. I'm still amazed with these people claiming that I used the race card when obviously my answer was the opposite. I said they still would hate us even if we looked like the swedes. A

About not answering right away, at least wait a few days, I can't spend the whole day here...And "us" is the Hispanic community in general so no great discovery here nbut if assuming I'm an illegal alien makes you happy then let it be. I hope it makes your day however it would be nice if we could back to the topic in hand.

Yes I want amnesty for our Haitian brothers too. They are in my prayers like my status message states.
No, that isn't what you implied in this topic. You were implying that if most of the illegals here were Swedes we wouldn't object to them like we do Mexicans. Don't try to cover your tracks now, we aren't stupid.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
77 posts, read 88,190 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Pardon me, if you were referring to the “Hispanic community.” However, your descriptions were not of the Hispanic community; rather, Hispanic illegal aliens. Many Hispanic-Americans are educated and quite prosperous. As a matter of fact, I personally know quite a few, including my ex-husband. When you said “we” are providing your cheap labor, etc, I’m sorry, but Hispanic-Americans do not come to mind.

Part of the problem is the deliberate conflation of legal and illegal. You do the Hispanic community a grave disservice by assigning the same status to them as illegal aliens. They are not the same.
think whatever you want. Do I have to send you copies of my naturalization certificate, voters card and passport? Do I also have to send you a copy of my tax Id and articles of incorporation? Or can we just go on discussing the original topic?
 
Old 01-20-2010, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
77 posts, read 88,190 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, that isn't what you implied in this topic. You were implying that if most of the illegals here were Swedes we wouldn't object to them like we do Mexicans. Don't try to cover your tracks now, we aren't stupid.
what are you talking about? What don't you quote the part where I implied such thing. You must be confusing me with another poster. Good grief, before making accusations, check the facts. You are making a fool of yourself you don't need my opinion of stupidity
 
Old 01-20-2010, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
think whatever you want. Do I have to send you copies of my naturalization certificate, voters card and passport? Do I also have to send you a copy of my tax Id and articles of incorporation? Or can we just go on discussing the original topic?
I’m not sure what your problem is. I simply stated that you were describing illegal aliens, not Hispanic-Americans. Calm down, it’s not that important.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 05:26 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
what are you talking about? What don't you quote the part where I implied such thing. You must be confusing me with another poster. Good grief, before making accusations, check the facts. You are making a fool of yourself you don't need my opinion of stupidity
These are your words:

"They would still hate us. If we had high education and were taking their high paying jobs they would hate us even more."

In other words what you are saying is regardless if Mexicans looked like Swedes, we would still hate them just for being Mexicans. That is my interpretation of what you said.

To clarify things, it has nothing to do with Mexicans per se. It is about an objection to Mexicans who are here illegally and all other illegals. Please don't make us repeat once again that Mexicans get mentioned the most because they are by far the most who are here illegally. Thanks.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 05:31 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
77 posts, read 88,190 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why would you want America to become a Third World Country? If we had an open border it would have happened twenty years ago. What do you think happens with 2-3 million uneducated, poor peasants arrive yearly? Besides living off of the Govt what would they do for work? We don't have 3 million labor only jobs a year to offer anyone much the less the legals Citizens we already have. These poor can't pay taxe so how do you suggest they live here?

Without complete Socialism your pipe dream is just that. The Govt would have to disarm us all to prevent a civil war before that would ever happen. PIPE DREAM
We have an aging population that cannot be replaced fast enough by our x, y, and z generations who are having less babies or waiting till their late 30s and 40s to have children We all agree here that most illegals work in the service sector, not construction, not farming. Fast food workers cleaning people have always earned low wages.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
77 posts, read 88,190 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
These are your words:

"They would still hate us. If we had high education and were taking their high paying jobs they would hate us even more."

In other words what you are saying is regardless if Mexicans looked like Swedes, we would still hate them just for being Mexicans. That is my interpretation of what you said.

To clarify things, it has nothing to do with Mexicans per se. It is about an objection to Mexicans who are here illegally and all other illegals. Please don't make us repeat once again that Mexicans get mentioned the most because they are by far the most who are here illegally. Thanks.
Sorry but you are wrong. I was accused of using the race card not the nationality card. I didn't use any of the two. Just said they would still hate us and to clarify I meanT immigrants in general. Mexicans are just a little more accepted because they don't represent a threat to the middle class
 
Old 01-20-2010, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
We have an aging population that cannot be replaced fast enough by our x, y, and z generations who are having less babies or waiting till their late 30s and 40s to have children We all agree here that most illegals work in the service sector, not construction, not farming. Fast food workers cleaning people have always earned low wages.
We do not need illegal aliens to fill staff shortages. In the future, if we should need additional workers, we will request them, and they will come through legal channels. We are still having babies. As a matter of fact, my god-daughter just gave birth this morning, 2 cousins have given birth during the past month, and another cousin is due in July.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 06:31 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
We have an aging population that cannot be replaced fast enough by our x, y, and z generations who are having less babies or waiting till their late 30s and 40s to have children We all agree here that most illegals work in the service sector, not construction, not farming. Fast food workers cleaning people have always earned low wages.
Why do you think we need to replace our baby boomer population with similar numbers? We don't need to continue to increase our population or even maintain it at the present number. I would like to see our population drop down to 250 milion and stabilize there.

Why do you think that only illegals will do low skilled, low waged work? Who do you think did those jobs before the illegals arrived? No we don't agree that most work in the service sector. There are many that are working construction and other jobs also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top