U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
Sorry but you are wrong. I was accused of using the race card not the nationality card. I didn't use any of the two. Just said they would still hate us and to clarify I meanT immigrants in general. Mexicans are just a little more accepted because they don't represent a threat to the middle class
But who in here hates "immigrants"?

Old 01-21-2010, 01:08 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,081,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Pardon me, if you were referring to the “Hispanic community.” However, your descriptions were not of the Hispanic community; rather, Hispanic illegal aliens. Many Hispanic-Americans are educated and quite prosperous. As a matter of fact, I personally know quite a few, including my ex-husband. When you said “we” are providing your cheap labor, etc, I’m sorry, but Hispanic-Americans do not come to mind.

Part of the problem is the deliberate conflation of legal and illegal. You do the Hispanic community a grave disservice by assigning the same status to them as illegal aliens. They are not the same.
Hispanic Americans, along with Blacks are almost neck and neck for the poorest segment of the population. This also includes legal Hispanics (about 20% of Hispanics are illegal...the VAST majority of Hispanics are legal).

Clearly Blacks and Hispanics provide "cheap labor".

Old 01-21-2010, 03:36 AM
Yac

5,875 posts, read 6,297,498 times
This thread has gone long enough.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration