U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:26 PM

994 posts, read 1,413,678 times

Advertisements

Well I for one would be very upset about the stinky lutefisk everyone around me would be eating.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:03 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Since we're being honest and having an intelligent conversation about the subject and not just trying to be race baiting trolls, I have some questions before I can address your rhetorical hypothetical:

Would the Swedes be demanding we speak Swedish? Are the Swedish immigrants becoming more insular and resistant to assimilation than prior immigrant groups? Would they justify their illegal immigration as a RIGHT granted to them because Amerikkka stole their land? Are the bulk of the Swedes poor, uneducated, and unskilled? Does the Swedish government and Swedish elite actively encourage its poorest, unwanted population to cross into the United States so they don't have to deal with them at home? And, does Sweden itself get mad when the US protests the mass migration of people, even though Sweden itself has a harsh policy against illegal immigration from ITS poorer neighbors?

Old 01-16-2010, 10:19 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Sweden has its own immigrant issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ6VI...eature=related

Old 01-16-2010, 10:46 PM

14,807 posts, read 18,805,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesBlessed View Post
Swedish, with blond hair and blue eyes? Would we really be having all this uproar? Probably not....
I don't know about Swedish....
but I'm surprised about this that I found...

Nel Blue dipinto di blu - Only song in a foreign language to reach #1 in the Billboard Top 100 (in 1958)

Nel Blue dipinto di blu (Volare) - Songfacts.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nel_Blu_Di_Pinto_Di_Blu_(Volare)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-DVi0ugelc

Old 01-16-2010, 10:55 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,443,271 times
Quote:
Swedish, with blond hair and blue eyes? Would we really be having all this uproar? Probably not....
Wrong.. If they we doing what the illegal mexicans were it wouldnt make any differance...Things like using fake Ids, no insurance, breaking the laws.paying no taxes etc etc

Old 01-16-2010, 11:02 PM

706 posts, read 796,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Sweden has its own immigrant issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ6VI...eature=related

BL

Old 01-16-2010, 11:06 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,447,401 times
Quote:
No, we wouldn't have this uproar.

In my part of the nation we had tons and tons of illegal Irish all throughout the area and nobody has ever said a word. They just look the other way and they want the Iriish to be here because it's their brothers.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:09 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,032,031 times
If they are here illegal they all must go.

But you would not be seeing the Swedish people forcing their flag, ways, disease etc on us either.

All illegals must go but the issue is we have 35 million illegal Mexicans and how many Swedish? A thousand?

How many criminal acts have been committed by Mexicans? Swedish?

Deport them all.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
No, we wouldn't have this uproar.

In my part of the nation we had tons and tons of illegal Irish all throughout the area and nobody has ever said a word. They just look the other way and they want the Iriish to be here because it's their brothers.

How do you know they were here illegally?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Since we're being honest and having an intelligent conversation about the subject and not just trying to be race baiting trolls, I have some questions before I can address your rhetorical hypothetical:

Would the Swedes be demanding we speak Swedish? NO!

Are the Swedish immigrants becoming more insular and resistant to assimilation than prior immigrant groups? NO!

Would they justify their illegal immigration as a RIGHT granted to them because Amerikkka stole their land? NO!

Are the bulk of the Swedes poor, uneducated, and unskilled? NO!

Does the Swedish government and Swedish elite actively encourage its poorest, unwanted population to cross into the United States so they don't have to deal with them at home? And, does Sweden itself get mad when the US protests the mass migration of people, even though Sweden itself has a harsh policy against illegal immigration from ITS poorer neighbors?

You are on a roll tonight.

Answer is NO.

No, they would not.

Would the Swedes tear down the American flag and replace it with their own flag? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration