Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:27 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Of COURSE not! I'm surprised you'd ask. If the Mexican 'immigrants' were really all Swedish, we'd be totally DISGUSTED with them. "Mexicans have an excuse", we'd say. "They come from a poor, Third World country; they have no tradition of fair laws; most of them are poorly educated, and they simply have no concept of US society, or WHY it's wrong to immigrate here illegally. Mexican illegals need our patience, compassion, and understanding; they can't HELP the way they are.

On the other hand, if all the Mexicans were Swedes, then none of us would probably ever be tempted to visit a Mexican restaurant, either (yuck !)...but, of course, that's another topic...
Is that the concept you have of Mexicans? That they are only good for their food?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Off Topic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I don't know about Swedish....
but I'm surprised about this that I found...

Nel Blue dipinto di blu - Only song in a foreign language to reach #1 in the Billboard Top 100 (in 1958)

Nel Blue dipinto di blu (Volare) - Songfacts.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nel_Blu_Di_Pinto_Di_Blu_(Volare)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-DVi0ugelc

Old 01-16-2010, 11:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesBlessed View Post
Swedish, with blond hair and blue eyes? Would we really be having all this uproar? Probably not....
Bull****. Shut up.

These Mexican CRIMINALS are here ILLEGALLY. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE OR HAVING WHITE SKIN AND BLONDE HAIR!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:42 AM

331 posts, read 498,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Bull****. Shut up.

These Mexican CRIMINALS are here ILLEGALLY. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE OR HAVING WHITE SKIN AND BLONDE HAIR!
AMEN!!!! So don't accuse those who are pro-American of being racist. If they want to come here legally, they are welcomed with open arms. They have a wealth of opportunities available to them (in fact, the University of Texas at El Paso has the largest population of Hispanic Ph.Ds). But if all they want to do is reap the benefits without accepting the responsibilities, knowing their civic duties, and committing fraud against our country; steal jobs from hardworking Americans (which, in turn, increases unemployment numbers); and blare their annoying Tejano music at every single g.d'ed stoplight in town, then they can stay the hell out.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:13 AM

335 posts, read 328,741 times
Quote:
Swedish, with blond hair and blue eyes? Would we really be having all this uproar? Probably not....
If tens of millions of illegal alien Swedes were causing the same problems as the current crop of illegal aliens, then what difference would it make what the illegal aliens looked like?

Do you really think Americans wouldn't care if they lost their jobs to illegal alien Swedes, or if illegal alien Swedes drove down wages in various job sectors?

Do you really think American teenagers wouldn't care if they couldn't get a summer job at fast food places because those jobs were all filled with illegal alien Swedes?

Do you really think Americans wouldn't care if millions of illegal alien Swedes marched through our streets waving the Swedish flag and demanding amnesty?

Do you really think Americans wouldn't care if illegal alien Swedes called us xenophobes, bigots, nativists, and other names if we don't cave in to all of their demands?

Do you really think that Americans wouldn't care if Swedish street gangs caused the same problems that the current street gangs of illegal alien Hispanics cause?

Do you really think Americans wouldn't care if illegal alien Swedes committed ID theft, document fraud, Social Security fraud, income tax evasion, employment "I-9 Form" fraud, conspiracy to violate immigration laws, welfare fraud, food stamp fraud, and various other crimes?

Old 01-17-2010, 01:19 AM

21 posts, read 26,553 times
We are color blind here!

It is about Jobs and Services for American Citizens Of All Ethnicities First.

Good Thread!

Old 01-17-2010, 02:02 AM

119 posts, read 197,092 times
I forgot to mention that I am not too happy with most of the LEGAL immigration we have. When I lived in Vancouver Washington, my city got filled with Russian immigrants in what seemed like an almost overnight invasion. I was told that the churches in town sponsor the Russians to move to the area legally.

Winco Foods was where I used to shop and they didn't take debit cards. They had a card reader but it was only for the WIC cards.

If I had a dollar for every time I was behind some Russians using their ****ING WIC cards I would be retired.

One time I was behind about 12 of them in the same group. I watched them buy their groceries with our tax money. I bought one thing with cash and left the store right behind them. I was pretty pissed when I saw them get in a new Escalade that was parked a few rows from my 30 year old pickup.

They were all as white as me and some of the women are HOT. I would still deport every damn one of them if it were up to me.

How many more people do we need?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:25 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,316 times
Quote:
On the flip side: Would ethnocentric groups such as La Raza be pushing so strongly for Amnesty for Chinese, Indian or European Illegal Aliens, er.. excuse me.. "Undocumented people".. ?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:37 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
On the flip side: Would ethnocentric groups such as La Raza be pushing so strongly for Amnesty for Chinese, Indian or European Illegal Aliens, er.. excuse me.. "Undocumented people".. ?
Interesting that you say that because I believe NCLR was one of the advocated for Haitians to not be deported.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:27 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Interesting that you say that because I believe NCLR was one of the advocated for Haitians to not be deported.
Of course they would. To do otherwise especially now would demonstrate what many believe already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.