U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 01:21 PM

335 posts, read 281,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
You mean if the immigrants were easy on the eyes, would people complain about them being here? I don't think so. In fact, most Americans would probably want to mix with them.

The fact basically all illegal Mexicans look dirty, have jet black hair and brown eyes, does not help Americans disliking them. Humans are visual creatures. People don't want to see ugly things.
So you think Mexican illegal aliens look dirty? And you think Mexican illegal aliens are ugly things?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM

335 posts, read 281,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
Oh please.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/...hotblondes.jpg

If women who looked like that flooded the country, no one in the country would complain. No one. In fact, many would see it as desirable.
Yeah, I'm sure nobody would complain about them committing ID theft, document fraud, Social Security fraud, employment "I-9 Form" fraud/perjury, income tax evasion, conspiracy to violate immigration laws, welfare fraud, food stamp fraud, driving without a license or insurance, driving drunk, taking jobs away from Americans, driving down wages in various job fields, not to mention the more serious crimes such as murder, child molestation, armed robbery, burglary, car theft, etc.

Add to this the costs of hundreds of billions of dollars in providing various types of social services to them.
-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by mrbartlebee; 01-18-2010 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Correction

Old 01-18-2010, 01:31 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
So you think Mexican illegal aliens look dirty? And you think Mexican illegal aliens are ugly things?
This is precisely the despicable mindset of some anti-illegals that fuels the racism rhetoric from pros.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:45 PM

1,150 posts, read 991,756 times
<<So people with white skin are not illegal? But people with Brown skin are....I see>>

Where did you read that? From what I've read on this thread, people are saying hair, eye, and skin color make no difference. If a person is an illegal alien, they don't belong here.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 PM

3,858 posts, read 3,166,069 times
Is your question really "What if all Illegal Mexicans were Illegal Swedes?" The question you need to ask is "Would you,La Raza and all the pro-illegals would really care?Would you be upset over our immigration laws then?Ill tell you what Sweden's population generally had a higher degree of education and affluence.So the impact of imaginary illegal Swedes would be far less,last I checked Sweden did not have the rampant political corruption and drug trade that Mexico does,most Swedes don't have the extra large families that illegals have so thir would definitely be less anchor babies.Also most of their big cities are not blighted with graffiti all over the place.You need to ask yourselves why you asked that question.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:49 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Thank you for clarifying macmeal. I was embarassed to ask but sometimes your posts are not all that clear. Your style is very sarcastic for the most part and it is not always clear who you represent. In this post, it was not clear that you were representing that particular group.
Sarcasm is my downfall. I was raised in a family of sarcastics, where it was looked at as an art form. It doesn't always translate well..(as my own wife could tell you, if you asked).

I'll try to watch myself...

Last edited by macmeal; 01-18-2010 at 02:13 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Is your question really "What if all Illegal Mexicans were Illegal Swedes?" The question you need to ask is "Would you,La Raza and all the pro-illegals would really care?Would you be upset over our immigration laws then?Ill tell you what Sweden's population generally had a higher degree of education and affluence.So the impact of imaginary illegal Swedes would be far less,last I checked Sweden did not have the rampant political corruption and drug trade that Mexico does,most Swedes don't have the extra large families that illegals have so thir would definitely be less anchor babies.Also most of their big cities are not blighted with graffiti all over the place.You need to ask yourselves why you asked that question.
You read my mind! That is the question to be posed. Of course we already know the answer.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:00 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,660,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Are you suggesting some illegals are more or less desirable than others.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:05 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't recall a point in our history where "back then" the illegals were mostly Irish. Do you have a link to this historical time in our history? Of course illegal immigration will probably never go away entirely but then again we haven't done much to deter it either and that is why we anti-illegals are fed up. This has nothing to do with discrimination against a particular group but discrimination against all foreign invaders who have not abided by our immigration laws. Most anti-illegals object to illegal immigration based on many valid factors.
I don't have such a link.but I can assure you such was the case. Not only were there lots of Irish illegals, they were also looked at as almost totally unassimilable. "every bit as alien to American society as the Chinese", and regularly depicted in cartoons in some VERY respectable publications as bumbling, combative 'apes'...tiny derby on their head, a rosary around their neck, a jug of whiskey in one hand, and a billy club in the other. Irish 'paddies' are the root of the term "paddy wagon"...and at least one study in the 1870's named ethnic Irish in New York City as the group MOST prone to males deserting their families.

Not saying for one minute that because it was all right THEN to have this going on in our society, that it's all right NOW..times change, etc etc. But the Irish were VERY MUCH the 'undesirables' of an earlier time..back when people were free to express their disgust. You may also know that a large number of Irish conscripts in the US Army, fed up with the treatment they recieved from their 'anglo' officers during thr War with Mexico, defected to the Mexican side, where today they are honored as heroes (the "San Patricios" of Mexican history).

Of COURSE it was more difficult to 'sail in' as an illegal than to 'walk in'...but there were a considerable no of Irish illegals at one time.

Rumor here in Calif is that there are STILL a number of illegal Irish...mostly in San Francisco and in Santa Monica...several tens of thousands, I understand.

Did Irish illegals ever exist on a scale comparable to today's Latin American illegals? No, of course not. Today's situation is largely unprecedented in sheer numbers, as well as in scale.

Last edited by macmeal; 01-18-2010 at 02:21 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 02:06 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,145,885 times
They would be breaking the law just like the Mexicans coming in illegall. What a stupid question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration