U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 09:38 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,140,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I understand your point about the job and taxes. I don't think anyone should should get out of paying for resources, especially if they are more of a burden on the system. The Quakers may have worked in peace with the Native Americans, but a lot of original settlers, I wouldn't have called "entrepreneurs" when it came to how they acquired land and resources. They pretty much stole the land from the Native Americans and slaughtered them in the process, not to mention getting free labor of a group of enslaved people. Obviously we all benefited from this today, but I bring this up to contrast. I don't see how people think, well that's "okay", but people coming here to work, most of the time peacefully, "well that's a huge problem". Of course we need to do it in an orderly way for security but again, I think as long as they pay taxes and law abiding citizens, why not let more come in?

My friend keeps having his application turned down. He has worked over here on a temporary visa, but he really wants to move here because he has a lot of new ties and friends here. He pays taxes (as he is doing now at the company he worked at here), knows the language, and is law abiding. Why can't we allow more people? Most of us, didn't have to go through the long process, so why should we make it difficult for a person who wasn't as fortunate.
We can't keep letting more people in because those here illegally have drained this country. It is sad for those who go through proper channels and are rejected. They should be just as outraged as those of us paying for those leeches on our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 10:29 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,902,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyman5001 View Post
What makes Paris Hilton more deserving of having tons of money? She just lucked into being born into a rich family and also having a great body.

Why can't I have that money? I don't see a problem with taking it from her as she doesn't need it all.
Hey your an honest hard working guy just trying to make a good life for yourself and your family right? So by all means rob cheat and lie. As long as your excuse is that you just wanted a better life then its all ok.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:51 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,140,508 times
Times they have a changed. Forget the old laws of immigration, they are not being followed by the recent influx of illegals, except for mass infiltration. But guess what. We've evolved into this Great Nation. That is why we ARE so great and why so many want to come. It is a disgrace of those who upset our laws. It will turn into the same cesspool they came from if allowed, but i guarantee this. Americans will never let it happen. We're done with this nonsense. Cry, Scream, stamp your feet and we'll still ship your a** back to where you came from, eventually..we're nice people but you've done p*ssed us off.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:05 PM

19 posts, read 33,711 times
Today, we have laws-period! What was done hundreds of years ago shouldn't be an excuse today. Who cares how it was in the pilgram days. If you come into this country illegally, knowingly breaking the law, we don't want you. I can understand parents wanting better for themselves & their children. If the citizens of Mexico stands up & fight their government, they can make a difference rather than running away. They have the US as an example, they can just copy what they like about us & remake their own government. Why don't they do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or