U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2010, 05:56 PM
 
68 posts, read 72,733 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

No Obama has made it quite clear that he will legalize all the illegals and all we have to do is pay a little slap on the wrist fine, and I won't even have to pay back income taxes because I was never in the usa before.

The only thing you got wrong was this, amnesty won't bring more illegal aliens in the future for the next amnesty, it will bring more illegals now for this amnesty coming up, why would I wait another 20 years for the next amnesty when there will probably be 1 this year. Remember amnesty only has to pass in congress like last time and with nancy polisy at the helm were a shoe-in for some amnesty.

The funniest part is when I come to USA illegally it won't matter that i came yesterday because when your an illegal there is generally no way to prove when you snuk in which means if obama legalized say all illegals from year 2000, he cannot prove I wasn't there, LOL because as far as I am concerned whatever time the amnesty date cut off was I was living in usa and you can't prove me wrong, LOL.

Y'all are tripping, Obama is a socialist, his whole party filled with socialist, bush, mccain and obama all want to legalize the illegals, it will happen even though lots of americans dislike it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2010, 06:09 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmess View Post
No Obama has made it quite clear that he will legalize all the illegals and all we have to do is pay a little slap on the wrist fine, and I won't even have to pay back income taxes because I was never in the usa before.

The only thing you got wrong was this, amnesty won't bring more illegal aliens in the future for the next amnesty, it will bring more illegals now for this amnesty coming up, why would I wait another 20 years for the next amnesty when there will probably be 1 this year. Remember amnesty only has to pass in congress like last time and with nancy polisy at the helm were a shoe-in for some amnesty.

The funniest part is when I come to USA illegally it won't matter that i came yesterday because when your an illegal there is generally no way to prove when you snuk in which means if obama legalized say all illegals from year 2000, he cannot prove I wasn't there, LOL because as far as I am concerned whatever time the amnesty date cut off was I was living in usa and you can't prove me wrong, LOL.

Y'all are tripping, Obama is a socialist, his whole party filled with socialist, bush, mccain and obama all want to legalize the illegals, it will happen even though lots of americans dislike it.
Of course that is another angle the new illegals will play and we are aware of that. Just another reason to oppose an amnesty. One could arrive the day before amnesty and get it. I think you are wrong in your assessment that amnesty will happen though. Obama can't pass it without congress approving it and voting for it. The minute that amnesty rears its ugly head again there will be a public outcry just like before and our politicians will be crapping their pants knowing their jobs will be at stake if they pass this. Even more so now that our unemployment is high and our economy faltering. Keep your dream though cause that is all it is is a dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2010, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmess View Post
No Obama has made it quite clear that he will legalize all the illegals and all we have to do is pay a little slap on the wrist fine, and I won't even have to pay back income taxes because I was never in the usa before.

The only thing you got wrong was this, amnesty won't bring more illegal aliens in the future for the next amnesty, it will bring more illegals now for this amnesty coming up, why would I wait another 20 years for the next amnesty when there will probably be 1 this year. Remember amnesty only has to pass in congress like last time and with nancy polisy at the helm were a shoe-in for some amnesty.

The funniest part is when I come to USA illegally it won't matter that i came yesterday because when your an illegal there is generally no way to prove when you snuk in which means if obama legalized say all illegals from year 2000, he cannot prove I wasn't there, LOL because as far as I am concerned whatever time the amnesty date cut off was I was living in usa and you can't prove me wrong, LOL.

Y'all are tripping, Obama is a socialist, his whole party filled with socialist, bush, mccain and obama all want to legalize the illegals, it will happen even though lots of americans dislike it.
I donít think you realize you are not helping your cause. As a matter of fact, you are only giving us more ammunition to defeat amnesty. You see, everything you are saying contradicts the arguments of amnesty advocates.

I suggest you make plans to illegally enter another country, because there will be no amnesty in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2010, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
More and more American taxpayers are turning against Amnesty on a daily basis.
In a very short time, there will be so many citizens against amnesty, that Obama won't have the balls to pass it.
By then he'll know the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmess View Post
No Obama has made it quite clear that he will legalize all the illegals and all we have to do is pay a little slap on the wrist fine, and I won't even have to pay back income taxes because I was never in the usa before.

The only thing you got wrong was this, amnesty won't bring more illegal aliens in the future for the next amnesty, it will bring more illegals now for this amnesty coming up, why would I wait another 20 years for the next amnesty when there will probably be 1 this year. Remember amnesty only has to pass in congress like last time and with nancy polisy at the helm were a shoe-in for some amnesty.

The funniest part is when I come to USA illegally it won't matter that i came yesterday because when your an illegal there is generally no way to prove when you snuk in which means if obama legalized say all illegals from year 2000, he cannot prove I wasn't there, LOL because as far as I am concerned whatever time the amnesty date cut off was I was living in usa and you can't prove me wrong, LOL.

Y'all are tripping, Obama is a socialist, his whole party filled with socialist, bush, mccain and obama all want to legalize the illegals, it will happen even though lots of americans dislike it.
Correction: you are the one with delusional thinking; there will be NO mass amnesty---------especially with this bad economy. If anything; it would behoove those illegals already here to leave.............or else (within our ever tightening laws).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
More and more American taxpayers are turning against Amnesty on a daily basis.
In a very short time, there will be so many citizens against amnesty, that Obama won't have the balls to pass it.
By then he'll know the consequences.
Just as Bush found out when he tried to get amnesty passed. It was a no go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2010, 02:49 PM
 
68 posts, read 72,733 times
Reputation: 21
See I think amnesty will happen because those bleeding heart liberals are in power in congress, it is not like the congress is stacked with those republicans many of whom personally don't want illegals. It is not really Obama who I think will pass, I know congress will pass it because of the latino vote is growing. The more that congress holds back on legalizing illegals, the more they look bad to latinos, the more they look anti-latino.

@benicar, the diff. b/w mean and other illegals is that I just tell it how it is. some people don't like that, but thats too bad, thats how it really is. Illegals will get legalized even though many americans don't like it. When you have Bush, McCain and Obama agree on something, it generally happens.

Sure Obama is not going to legalize illegals like tomorrow morning, but it will happen this year, likely when by the mid year the process will start and the public will hear of it by the last 3 months of the year.

the diff. b/w obama and bush is that Obama is of the party that will benefit from legalizing mexicans who will vote for him. The dems know that they are not going to last for another election in congress so they are going to pass legalization anyways.

Obama has made all the good arguments for legalization already, he is not like bush who is waiting around for criticism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2010, 03:41 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmess View Post
See I think amnesty will happen because those bleeding heart liberals are in power in congress, it is not like the congress is stacked with those republicans many of whom personally don't want illegals. It is not really Obama who I think will pass, I know congress will pass it because of the latino vote is growing. The more that congress holds back on legalizing illegals, the more they look bad to latinos, the more they look anti-latino.

@benicar, the diff. b/w mean and other illegals is that I just tell it how it is. some people don't like that, but thats too bad, thats how it really is. Illegals will get legalized even though many americans don't like it. When you have Bush, McCain and Obama agree on something, it generally happens.

Sure Obama is not going to legalize illegals like tomorrow morning, but it will happen this year, likely when by the mid year the process will start and the public will hear of it by the last 3 months of the year.

the diff. b/w obama and bush is that Obama is of the party that will benefit from legalizing mexicans who will vote for him. The dems know that they are not going to last for another election in congress so they are going to pass legalization anyways.

Obama has made all the good arguments for legalization already, he is not like bush who is waiting around for criticism.
There are 260 million non-hispanics in this country vs about 40 million hispanics. Now who do you think has the most clout in this country with our politicans?

So you admit that most Hispanic citizens are all about getting amnesty for their ethnic kind here illegally? What does that say about them? Do you think they have the national interests in their minds or their own ethnic agenda?

Sorry, but I have to repeat once again. There will be no amnesty. Most Americans don't want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2010, 03:52 PM
 
1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Reputation: 369
<<as far as I am concerned whatever time the amnesty date cut off was I was living in usa and you can't prove me wrong>>

No one has to prove you wrong. You'll have to prove your claim is true. A negative can't be proven, therefore it's up to the person who claims to have been here the required number of years, to prove it. More than likely if you're caught lying, you'll be banned from entering the country for at least10 years.

The bill being considered to ban future amnesties is an excellent idea. It would stop a lot of illegal immigration by those awating the next amnesty. In 2007, the year of the last amnesty bill, radio stations in Mexico were announcing that an amnesty was imminent, and encouraging people to try to make it across the border in time to be included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<as far as I am concerned whatever time the amnesty date cut off was I was living in usa and you can't prove me wrong>>

No one has to prove you wrong. You'll have to prove your claim is true. A negative can't be proven, therefore it's up to the person who claims to have been here the required number of years, to prove it. More than likely if you're caught lying, you'll be banned from entering the country for at least10 years.

The bill being considered to ban future amnesties is an excellent idea. It would stop a lot of illegal immigration by those awating the next amnesty. In 2007, the year of the last amnesty bill, radio stations in Mexico were announcing that an amnesty was imminent, and encouraging people to try to make it across the border in time to be included.
Banning future amnesties? Isn't that what they said in 1986 and here we are again? I don't trust most of our politicians as far as I can throw them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top