U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:41 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

[quote=1751texan;12534351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Let me find the video...that I saw with my own eyes...the three groups toghther.

Ill post it asap.

Im not Pro-illegal...Im pro-fair.

and the reconquistas and atzlanos...are as real as the tooth fair and the Easter bunny...I anit afraid of no ghosts
As I said, just because they were standing near the Minutemen doesn't mean that they condoned their agenda. If it is a public place anyone can stand where they want to invited or not. I can also post some videos and pictures of reconquista's holding up signs stating that "this is their land and for whitey to go home" at pro-illegal rallies and you know it so don't bother with your videos as they will prove nothing just like mine wouldn't prove that all pro-illegals are reconquistas either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 05:57 PM

335 posts, read 281,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I grew up in the 60's and thing were not go for people of color...any color, I was told we help each other...united we would be heard.
Since all people have color, saying "people of color" is the same as saying "all people".

Old 01-20-2010, 06:10 PM

335 posts, read 281,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
So said the Minute men...yet they allingned themselves with Neo-NAZIs and Klansmen at rallies in Socal...
Please provide a link that supports your allegation that members of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps knowingly and willfully aligned themselves with Neo-Nazis and Klansmen at rallies in SoCal.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:20 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Please provide a link that supports your allegation that members of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps knowingly and willfully aligned themselves with Neo-Nazis and Klansmen at rallies in SoCal.
He cant because it isn't true. There are rotten apples in every group but the bulk of the MCDC are not comprised of those kinds. I have read this on other pro-illegal blogs and forums where they try to discredit the organization or any other anti-illegal group in that way by twisting the truth. All the while they ignore the racists and reconquistas in their own ranks. Hypocricy anyone?

Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
He cant because it isn't true. There are rotten apples in every group but the bulk of the MCDC are not comprised of those kinds. I have read this on other pro-illegal blogs and forums where they try to discredit the organization or any other anti-illegal group in that way by twisting the truth. All the while they ignore the racists and reconquistas in their own ranks. Hypocricy anyone?
Advocates of a just cause do not need to rely on lies or hyperbole. Nor do they need to demonize the opposition. Clearly, their cause is unjust.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:51 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
[quote=1751texan;12533997]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Surely you jest. Can I assume you are a white male?

By the way, illegal immigration is not a racial issue, and most opponents of illegal immigration are not racist.[/quote]

So said the Minute men...yet they allingned themselves with Neo-NAZIs and Klansmen at rallies in Socal...

BTW you may have meant to say "...proponets of illegal immagration...".
Proof please.
Illegal facilitators
I know I know. Illegals are honest hard working people.
All honest people steal other peoples ID. Its a common practice amoung honest people. Its just another way to say I love you.
Yes in deed honest people live a lie to prove their honesty. Makes perfect sense.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:15 AM

3,886 posts, read 5,995,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Since all people have color, saying "people of color" is the same as saying "all people".
What in hell is the difference between "people of color" and "colored people"?? Why is one considered proper and the other offensive when they both basically mean the same thing!

Old 01-21-2010, 04:47 AM

4,264 posts, read 7,931,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBlackChick View Post
Just so you know, I am not a Mexican American I am black (Hence the name HotBlackChick)

The illegal immigration debate is just one big brilliantly constructed power play. The so called "debate" should be more accurately described as a one sided affair.
Itís nothing more than a over capitalized xenophobic rant

We as a people need to understand the individuals responsible for these rants are members of the ruling class of American society (or those who for whatever reason align themselves with ruling class interests) These people want to monopolize the definition of American identity, by telling you who is a "real" American and who is not. ("I personally believe immigration is more so of an identity issue, you are not a real American so leave, you are ruining my country")

Yes, It is true that changing Governmental polices towards immigration could have a signifant impact on the Economy, I don't think anyone denies this, but there are MANY other profound ways to transform the national economy. So my question to you is why has illegal immigration been made such the hot topic?

WELL FOR ONE BECAUSE It is a very convenient way for people who control public discourse to merge two things:

On one side of the coin we have ordinary working people feeling incredibly insecure and uncertain about the future. This situation is only made worse by the increasing concentration of wealth, resources, and power into the hands of the already wealthy. (This is what happens under predatory capitalism)

On the other side we have very effective tools controlling public option such as racism, scapegoating, manipulation of information for the purpose of fear mongering. So the illegal immigration debate is the bringing of these two things together.

In a Nutshell: Americans are being told we are in danger of losing not only our jobs but our language our culture and security and it's all the fault of "those" people who are not "us". It is the "ImmigrantsĒ fault and we should be fearful of "them"
We need to protect ourselves and our country against "them" (the aliens).
This is the identity aspect that I was talking about earlier and this is an act of misdirection.

You get your average American worker all riled up by telling them their jobs are being stolen by illegal immigrants. Supposedly the immigrants are sucking all the profits from the economy thus they must be getting very rich. Of course this is a LIE...There are profits but the big profits are NOT going to illegals, nor are they going to middle class. In actuality a disproportionate amount is being systematically funneled into the pockets of the richest of the rich. Even conservative economist agree on this

These self appointed watch dogs of Americanism have done a good job at creating popular animosity towards the Mexican Newcomers. If you think about it what they have been able to achieve is quite remarkable.

They have basically taken a group of people (just like you and I) living in extremely impoverished places and have branded them as criminal opportunists bent on exploiting America's generosity.
Which is ironic since first-world exploitation of the third world has historically been the driving force behind creating the POVERTY that they are trying to escape in the first place.
I can't believe the lack of compassion some people have, put yourself in their shoes.

We act as if the laws concerning immigrants dropped out of the sky directly from God...OF COURSE NOT. Laws are made and enforced by the dominant group in a society, generally to benefit themselves.

The same way the you can put millions of minorities in jail by creating a war on drugs or terrorize ENTIRE NATIONS by inventing a so called "war on terror".
To sum it up you can attack people by making them illegal. You demonize them. You contribute every social ill to their presence.

Thatís hypocritical because the United States has yet to acknowledge their own status as settlers or "immigrants" (we don't have to approach this historically I'm sure you know about Columbus already).
This country was built on the exploitation of native land and our existence would not be possible had it not been for 500 years of genocide.
But I guess thinking about genocide and stealing makes people feel bad uh?

I think you would find, if you actually sat down and talked to someone who is against illegal immigration, their reasons are very simple. There is a legal way to enter our country and these people chose to bypass that, thus breaking the law. If an American citizen breaks the law and gets caught, they can be fined or serve jail time. So why should these illegals get more consideration?

They are a drain on our financial resources, and unfortunately there are not alot of resources available for citizens much less illegals. School districts across the country are facing record deficits next year and are cutting services to my kids because their kids are here and require extra help. They bring disease into our country, they do no follow an immunization schedule like we do. The list goes on and on, while there are those who are very rabid about this for the most part most just wish they would do it legally. But they want instant gratification

Old 01-31-2010, 02:22 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
However with that being said I merely wanted to understand why people cant put themselves in the shoes of others
You know, I have. And I have also wanted to live, buy property, (as a legal immigrant) in Monaco yet one of the requirements are that you have at least 1 mil. in your bank account. THEIR RULES. They want to be sure you can afford to live there so they do not have to take care of you.

Looks like I'm gonna stay here awhile...

Old 01-31-2010, 02:54 PM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
You get your average American worker all riled up by telling them their jobs are being stolen by <<illegal immigrants. Supposedly the immigrants are sucking all the profits from the economy thus they must be getting very rich. Of course this is a LIE...There are profits but the big profits are NOT going to illegals, nor are they going to middle class. In actuality a disproportionate amount is being systematically funneled into the pockets of the richest of the rich. Even conservative economist agree on this >>

We're well aware of the economics of illegal immigration, but that doesn't excuse illegal immigrants who break the law. There are people in this country living in poverty, but that doesn't give them the right to break into someone else's property to improve their lives. Many Mexicans send money home to build houses they hope to live in one day. Is it fair for them to be building homes in Mexico, when the working people they've displaced in this country can't afford to buy their own home? Is it fair that they send millions of dollars to Mexico every year, while getting free education for their children, free school lunches, and free medical care, in this country? Is it fair that they work off the books, and pay no income tax, enabling them to send that money home?

Just because CEOs are lining their pockets, doesn't give their workers the right to take from others illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration