U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:44 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,789,925 times

Advertisements

Lol@ spanish being an ugly language.
Compare English poetry with Italian, French or Spanish poetry. English and German are the two of the ugliest languages in Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This is true...however, I think you'll find that not only do "a lot of people" think this way....the majority of people all over the WORLD think this way. I don't think it's anything peculiar to US society..it's just that US society sets loftier goals for itself than most other countries. I think you'll find that all over the world, people will tell you that 'those who aren't from here are 'different'; they're not like us'. That's pretty much a human trait. It's accepted in most of the world, though here, we try our best to deny it.

Want to hear something funny? My own spouse is pretty much racially identical to MOST of today's illegals...you know, the ones we're mad at, because they're 'different'?. But even she, on occasion, gets frustrated by what's going on in society, and will make a remark about "those illegals (the ones who 'look just like her)"...because they're 'different'....and they 'don't act like us'.

It's human nature. It occurs all over the world. Might as well get used to it. At least, here in the US, we can admit it and discuss it.
The difference is however that it appears that only the U.S. is deemed racist or xenophobic by some for expecting immigrants to assimilate and to come here legally.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:56 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The difference is however that it appears that only the U.S. is deemed racist or xenophobic by some for expecting immigrants to assimilate and to come here legally.
I really don't understand the argument as well. BUT we are a nation of open mindedness as we do weigh all options thereby giving us the opportunity to be attacked. If we throw onto the table some suggestion of "what ifs" many opposing will claim it was written in stone. Defects of their personality, not ours. We need to remember the source of such accusations.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:14 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
Lol@ spanish being an ugly language.
Compare English poetry with Italian, French or Spanish poetry. English and German are the two of the ugliest languages in Europe.
The Mexican Spanish that I usually hear is ugly.............whereas the true Castillian is not.

As for English: it; unlike Spanish is the lingua franca of the world. Hint: in most nations the default second tongue (if used) ain't Spanish or French---------it is English.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The Mexican Spanish that I usually hear is ugly.............whereas the true Castillian is not.

As for English: it; unlike Spanish is the lingua franca of the world. Hint: in most nations the default second tongue (if used) ain't Spanish or French---------it is English.
For any record, I love French and believe it to be the most romantic. Mmm...personal preference.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:00 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,789,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

i agree with your first statement, which makes clear the need to be specific when making statements. Spanish is a beautiful language, along with italian as my two favorite.

the second part of your post is completely irrelevant and does nothing to take away the fact that english, like german (and hindi lol), are hideous languages.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
i agree with your first statement, which makes clear the need to be specific when making statements. Spanish is a beautiful language, along with italian as my two favorite.

the second part of your post is completely irrelevant and does nothing to take away the fact that english, like german (and hindi lol), are hideous languages.
I guess ya gotta be smart enough to understand it..it's one of the hardest languages to learn. (English) Don't worry, I'll find a link.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:52 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Mexico needs to have a major uprising then maybe their corrupt government will get the message.

Thats just it, The Mexican Government does not care if they have an uprising every day, they are so very corrupt. They already know there message, they don't care.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
WHY do you ALWAYS rant about things that are not really on topic? Illegal Aliens are CRIMINALS to THIS United States. Period. MOST AMERICANS are ranting and raving about the COST these CRIMINALS are taxing on the average American citizen. So how in the world would anyone DARE to say they have it "rough" or to sympathize with criminals that cost this nation NOW.

Boy i agree with you getout. Why all the ranting, about off topic issues. If there are illegal aliens living in THIS Country illegally, and they commit crimes, go back home ship them out, do what ever, they do not belong here period. Nothing to do with hearing them speak Spanish, at all, My best friends are Mexicans, what do you think they speak. It has to do with them living in this Country, sponging off the Government, and commiting crimes here, no way JOSE.If they are criminals, i don't give a hoot how bad they have it, they don't belong here period. I have no sympathy for them in the least.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Mexico needs to have a major uprising then maybe their corrupt government will get the message.

CamaroGuy, Mustand lover here, older mustangs. I agree with you, but The Mexico Government wil always be corrupt, and they will never get the message, it is all about that damn Government being corrupt.They already know the message, they know the plight of there people, they just don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration