U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2010, 12:58 AM
 
Location: Columbus
4,879 posts, read 3,778,068 times
Reputation: 1442

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBlackChick View Post
Just so you know, I am not a Mexican American I am black (Hence the name HotBlackChick)




On one side of the coin we have ordinary working people feeling incredibly insecure and uncertain about the future. This situation is only made worse by the increasing concentration of wealth, resources, and power into the hands of the already wealthy. (This is what happens under predatory capitalism)





They have basically taken a group of people (just like you and I) living in extremely impoverished places and have branded them as criminal opportunists bent on exploiting America's generosity.
Which is ironic since first-world exploitation of the third world has historically been the driving force behind creating the POVERTY that they are trying to escape in the first place.
I can't believe the lack of compassion some people have, put yourself in their shoes.

We act as if the laws concerning immigrants dropped out of the sky directly from God...OF COURSE NOT. Laws are made and enforced by the dominant group in a society, generally to benefit themselves.

That’s hypocritical because the United States has yet to acknowledge their own status as settlers or "immigrants" (we don't have to approach this historically I'm sure you know about Columbus already).
This country was built on the exploitation of native land and our existence would not be possible had it not been for 500 years of genocide.
But I guess thinking about genocide and stealing makes people feel bad uh?
What is "predatory capitalism" That must be a new term. Never heard it before.

When people in the United States talk about illegals they are talking about Mexicans. Mexican is a nationality not a race. So people opposed to illegals are not being racist.

third world poverty is caused by exploitation of its people by its own governments. Not by first world countries.

And the U.S. has acknowledged repeatedly it is a country of immigrants. Every kid in the country is taught that from first grade on.

I'm not sure what the reasoning ofr your post is. And I really want to know what predatory capitalism is.

I know what capitalism is. I know what anarcho-capitalism. I know what corportism is. never heard of preatory capitalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,823 posts, read 30,091,418 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
Moderator cut: please get back on topic
you say they are not victims, i'm telling you that there is a reason they're here illegally, and it is because of what the US government has done to their countries. you can't provide a counter argument or refute what i say (which happens in a debate) so you complain about me being off topic n what not. if you have something that refutes what i said, then by all means. if not, then pretend i didn't type it and go about your day like u didnt read it.
i'm not excusing them nor am i advocating illegal activity, which you more than likely assume i am, because im not here "ranting and raving" like you are. odds are you dont know anything about what i posted in my previous post, which explains why you'd say it doesnt relate to illegal immigration
Find me one Illegal Mexican National (or Guatemalan) here that doesn't have it better than before they snuck into our Country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2010, 10:07 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Boy i agree with you getout. Why all the ranting, about off topic issues. If there are illegal aliens living in THIS Country illegally, and they commit crimes, go back home ship them out, do what ever, they do not belong here period. Nothing to do with hearing them speak Spanish, at all, My best friends are Mexicans, what do you think they speak. It has to do with them living in this Country, sponging off the Government, and commiting crimes here, no way JOSE.If they are criminals, i don't give a hoot how bad they have it, they don't belong here period. I have no sympathy for them in the least.
Often things get a bit off topic but many times it is just the natural evolving of a conversation. I do disagree with you about hearing Spanish all the time. It is a direct reminder of how many illegal aliens there are here from Mexico and how many unassimilating citizen Spanish speakers there are in our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2010, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Arkansas
125 posts, read 180,932 times
Reputation: 92
I don't mind if immigrants come to the USA, as long as it is done legally!!!
I for one and I am sure that I am not the only one, and sick and tired of immigrants, (be they black, white, mexican, asian, or pink with yellow polka dots), comming into this country ILLEGALLY,( I put that in caps as I don't think some get the conotation) and sitting on their collective rear ends and drawing welfare and medical and education benefits thereby not allowing those that came here legally to receive them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2010, 07:27 PM
 
3,857 posts, read 3,166,758 times
Reputation: 2457
Maybe the Hot Black Whatever should start a thread on Americans that are victimized by Illegal Alien criminals all she would have to do is check the stats to see how many are incarcerated across the country for rape,murder,assault,identity theft,burglary and so on. A simple cure for victimization of illegal Alien Mexican newcomers GO BACK you don't belong here.Follow our immigration laws and then you would have a citizen's rights.No more special treatment for criminal lawbreakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Reputation: 22168
Well -- to be fair not all illegals are rapists or thugs. Some are very mild mannered and polite and just here to make some money (illegally of course) but are not otherwise dangerous people.

The problem with no border and no immigration laws, anything and everything can easily come across and it's very easy or some of those killers of women and girls in Juarez to rape and kill one day and be anywhere in the USA the next.

That's one big reason there should be immigration laws and background checks on those coming in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2010, 09:47 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,304,644 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
Moderator cut: please get back on topic
you say they are not victims, i'm telling you that there is a reason they're here illegally, and it is because of what the US government has done to their countries. you can't provide a counter argument or refute what i say (which happens in a debate) so you complain about me being off topic n what not. if you have something that refutes what i said, then by all means. if not, then pretend i didn't type it and go about your day like u didnt read it.
i'm not excusing them nor am i advocating illegal activity, which you more than likely assume i am, because im not here "ranting and raving" like you are. odds are you dont know anything about what i posted in my previous post, which explains why you'd say it doesnt relate to illegal immigration
The only thing the US Government has done for all those Countries, is made it much easier for all those illegals, to have a much better life living in ours. So the US is responsible for all the bad carma in all these Countries, i just don't buy it. These Countries have to take responsibility for their Citizens, and poor conditions in which so many live their non exsistent lives, in such plorable conditions. And these Countries just don't care, why because look at where there first choice of living is, the GOOD OLD USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2010, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,865,846 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBlackChick View Post
But if you lived in a abysmal, corrupt, wasteland wouldn't you want to come here to give your kids a better chance?

Is the USA obligated to provide everyone on the planet who lives in an abysmal, corrupt, wasteland with the opportunity to give their kids a better life?

Does the USA have the resources to give everyone on the planet who lives in an abysmal, corrupt, wasteland the opportunity to give their kids a better life?

Jobs, Hospitals, Roads, Drinking water supplies, food, energy- these are not infinite resources.

When is enough enough? When is enough too much? What's the tipping point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,811,188 times
Reputation: 6264
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBlackChick View Post
But if you lived in a abysmal, corrupt, wasteland wouldn't you want to come here to give your kids a better chance?

So why would you encourage them to leave school in the tenth grade if you really want to give your kids a better chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 AM
 
131 posts, read 186,486 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBlackChick View Post
Just so you know, I am not a Mexican American I am black (Hence the name HotBlackChick)

The illegal immigration debate is just one big brilliantly constructed power play. The so called "debate" should be more accurately described as a one sided affair.
Itís nothing more than a over capitalized xenophobic rant

We as a people need to understand the individuals responsible for these rants are members of the ruling class of American society (or those who for whatever reason align themselves with ruling class interests) These people want to monopolize the definition of American identity, by telling you who is a "real" American and who is not. ("I personally believe immigration is more so of an identity issue, you are not a real American so leave, you are ruining my country")

Yes, It is true that changing Governmental polices towards immigration could have a signifant impact on the Economy, I don't think anyone denies this, but there are MANY other profound ways to transform the national economy. So my question to you is why has illegal immigration been made such the hot topic?

WELL FOR ONE BECAUSE It is a very convenient way for people who control public discourse to merge two things:

On one side of the coin we have ordinary working people feeling incredibly insecure and uncertain about the future. This situation is only made worse by the increasing concentration of wealth, resources, and power into the hands of the already wealthy. (This is what happens under predatory capitalism)

On the other side we have very effective tools controlling public option such as racism, scapegoating, manipulation of information for the purpose of fear mongering. So the illegal immigration debate is the bringing of these two things together.

In a Nutshell: Americans are being told we are in danger of losing not only our jobs but our language our culture and security and it's all the fault of "those" people who are not "us". It is the "ImmigrantsĒ fault and we should be fearful of "them"
We need to protect ourselves and our country against "them" (the aliens).
This is the identity aspect that I was talking about earlier and this is an act of misdirection.

You get your average American worker all riled up by telling them their jobs are being stolen by illegal immigrants. Supposedly the immigrants are sucking all the profits from the economy thus they must be getting very rich. Of course this is a LIE...There are profits but the big profits are NOT going to illegals, nor are they going to middle class. In actuality a disproportionate amount is being systematically funneled into the pockets of the richest of the rich. Even conservative economist agree on this

These self appointed watch dogs of Americanism have done a good job at creating popular animosity towards the Mexican Newcomers. If you think about it what they have been able to achieve is quite remarkable.

They have basically taken a group of people (just like you and I) living in extremely impoverished places and have branded them as criminal opportunists bent on exploiting America's generosity.
Which is ironic since first-world exploitation of the third world has historically been the driving force behind creating the POVERTY that they are trying to escape in the first place.
I can't believe the lack of compassion some people have, put yourself in their shoes.

We act as if the laws concerning immigrants dropped out of the sky directly from God...OF COURSE NOT. Laws are made and enforced by the dominant group in a society, generally to benefit themselves.

The same way the you can put millions of minorities in jail by creating a war on drugs or terrorize ENTIRE NATIONS by inventing a so called "war on terror".
To sum it up you can attack people by making them illegal. You demonize them. You contribute every social ill to their presence.

Thatís hypocritical because the United States has yet to acknowledge their own status as settlers or "immigrants" (we don't have to approach this historically I'm sure you know about Columbus already).
This country was built on the exploitation of native land and our existence would not be possible had it not been for 500 years of genocide.
But I guess thinking about genocide and stealing makes people feel bad uh?
This tripe is straight out of the handbook of LaRaza.
What did you do copy and paste it?

I'm going to take a wild guess that you have a government job, because to my experience most of the people that preach this illogical nonsense that the Unites States can pay for unlimited numbers of illegals on welfare are normally government workers who feed at the trough with their do nothing jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top