U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2010, 11:04 AM
 
131 posts, read 186,414 times
Reputation: 66

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBlackChick View Post
But if you lived in a abysmal, corrupt, wasteland wouldn't you want to come here to give your kids a better chance?
Yeah.
And when unlimited numbers of them cross the border guess what the United States will become?
You're living in a fairy land, it is not sustainable.

You have a childish naivete.
California is running a humongous deficit RIGHT NOW.
What does it take for people to understand?

Houses and schoools and hospitals and food and water and electricity just don't fall out of the sky in unlimited quantities and neither do jobs.
Look what happened when the dems thought they could have the banks hand out mortgages to unqualified applicants.


What would you say to this....a check box on the federal tax form to give to an illegal alien fund.
Those who want to give can enter an amount.
After the fund runs out the illegals wait until all the good people like you donate more.

See...it's not your money you want to spend it's everyone else's money.

How many of these illegals have you taken into your house and feed and educated?
Tell us.
We already know the answer.....NONE, you're blowing gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2010, 11:33 AM
 
131 posts, read 186,414 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
In my honest opinion, whatever "victimization" the ILLEGAL Mexican "Newcommers" get is what they deserve.

I feel no sympathy. They certainly do not respect this country to follow its rules about applying to come here LEGALLY.

So now what do we call them undocumented newcomers?
LOL

The feds want to pass immigration reform when it should be called newcomers reform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 11:56 AM
 
131 posts, read 186,414 times
Reputation: 66
As I said in one of my posts this sounded like a copy and paste from some Laraza handbook.

Guess what I found:


How to Solve Illegal Immigration (http://www.pinkyshow.org/archives/episodes/071018/071018_credits.html - broken link)

Quote:
ell, actually they're connected. It's true that changing governmental policies towards immigration could have a significant impact on the economy. No one denies this. But it's also quite obvious that there are many, many other ways, and more profound ways, to transform the national economy. So why has illegal immigration been made the 'hot topic' right now? Well, it's because it is a very convenient way for the people who control public discourse to merge two things - on one hand we have ordinary working people feeling incredibly insecure and uncertain about the future, a situation really only made worse by the increasing concentration of wealth, and resources, and power into the hands of the already wealthy; you know, this is what you get under predatory capitalism. On the other hand we have these very effective tools for controlling public opinion - racism, scapegoating, manipulation of data for the purpose of fear mongering. So the illegal immigration debate is the bringing of these two things together. Americans are being told that we are in danger of losing not only our jobs, but we're also in danger of losing our language, losing our culture, our security, everything. And it's all the fault of these people who are 'not us'. They are the Other, and we should be fearful of them. We need to protect ourselves, our country, against them, the aliens. Right? So this is the identity aspect that I was talking about.
Moderator cut: shortened,copyright protection
Should this surprise you coming from someone who spells newcomers 'newcommers'?
If you search the net you will find several of these parrots posting this rhetoric as their own.

Last edited by Yac; 04-09-2010 at 04:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 PM
 
131 posts, read 186,414 times
Reputation: 66
Here's another parrot who copied and pasted the same thing HotBlackChick did
Should illegal immigrants be classified as " economic terrorist" ? - Yahoo! Answers

Quote:
It’s true that changing governmental policies towards immigration could have a significant impact on our economy; no one denies this, but it’s also quite obvious that there are many other ways and more profound ways to transform the national economy. So why has illegal immigration been made the hot topic right now? Well, it’s because it’s a very convenient way for the people who control public discourse to merge two things:
A) On one hand we have ordinary working people feeling incredible insecure and uncertain about the future. A situation which is really only made worse by increased concentration of wealth, resources, and power into the hands of the already wealthy. I mean this is what you get under predatory capitalism.
B) On the other hand we have these very infective tools of controlling public opinion:
• Racism
• Scapegoating
• Fear Mongering
Moderator cut: shortened,copyright protection
I guess she wanted us to think she wrote that propaganda herself.

Last edited by Yac; 04-09-2010 at 04:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 12:13 PM
 
131 posts, read 186,414 times
Reputation: 66
Here's another parrot who wanted to convince anyone who would listen that he wrote this LaRaza Rhetoric, just like HotBlackChick

The children of illegal aliens (anchor babies) have bankrupted ... - [domain blocked due to spam]

Quote:
Why has [COLOR=#739912 ! important][COLOR=#739912 ! important]illegal [COLOR=#739912 ! important]immigration[/color][/color][/color]
been made the 'hot topic' right now? Well, it's because it is a very convenient way for the people who control public discourse to merge two things - on one hand we have ordinary working people feeling incredibly insecure and uncertain about the future, a situation really only made worse by the increasing concentration of wealth, and resources, and power into the hands of the already wealthy; you know, this is what you get under predatory capitalism. On the other hand we have these very effective tools for controlling public opinion - racism, scapegoating, manipulation of data for the purpose of fear mongering. So the illegal immigration debate is the bringing of these two things together.
Moderator cut: shortened,copyright protection

Last edited by Yac; 04-09-2010 at 04:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times
Reputation: 453
Well, I notice no mention of that fact that they are here illegally as well as the fact that most are sucking this country dry by our "free" services to them at the tax payer expense. They are a lot richer than when in the country of their origin. Common sense tells one to look at the states, especially sanctuary cities, and see what condition these places are in both economically and socially. Disastrous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 12:49 PM
 
131 posts, read 186,414 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Well, I notice no mention of that fact that they are here illegally as well as the fact that most are sucking this country dry by our "free" services to them at the tax payer expense. They are a lot richer than when in the country of their origin. Common sense tells one to look at the states, especially sanctuary cities, and see what condition these places are in both economically and socially. Disastrous.
Hey dude we're arguing with someone ("HotBlackChick') who doesn't even have an opinion belonging to herself.

She has nothing more than an empathy for illegals but has no clue what she's talking about.
In fact I'm not sure she even fully comprehends that garbage she copied and pasted.

Not one word of it is hers, other than 'newcommers'.
We've been debating with a parrot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
Hey dude we're arguing with someone ("HotBlackChick') who doesn't even have an opinion belonging to herself.

She has nothing more than an empathy for illegals but has no clue what she's talking about.
In fact I'm not sure she even fully comprehends that garbage she copied and pasted.

Not one word of it is hers, other than 'newcommers'.
We've been debating with a parrot.
Yep, illegal alien peddlers/profiteers have instructed their minions to propagate as much misinformation as possible. They canít offer an intelligent debate, because theyíre compelled to follow their script, and the script isnít always relevant to the discussion. Itís so obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM
 
131 posts, read 186,414 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yep, illegal alien peddlers/profiteers have instructed their minions to propagate as much misinformation as possible. They canít offer an intelligent debate, because theyíre compelled to follow their script, and the script isnít always relevant to the discussion. Itís so obvious.
Exactly.
5 seconds into reading that slop I knew that it was plagiarized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 06:58 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times
Reputation: 453
By the way, I'm not a "dude". Being new to this debate, it is very apparent and noticed rather quickly, that the same argument, semantics, race card and illogical solutions are in fact the same continued statement without much merit. I seriously doubt most even know what they are talking about or even why they are pro-illegal alien.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top