Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:36 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
In my honest opinion, whatever "victimization" the ILLEGAL Mexican "Newcommers" get is what they deserve.

I feel no sympathy. They certainly do not respect this country to follow its rules about applying to come here LEGALLY.
If you indeed believe they commited a crime in crossing the border, why so much vile...

If we get together as a country and write logical, workable immagration laws, im in..

I grew up in the 60's and thing were not go for people of color...any color, I was told we help each other...united we would be heard.

I sorry to say that both side have become distrustfull of each other...but thats mind boggeling because if the races fight, no advancement happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 02:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If you indeed believe they commited a crime in crossing the border, why so much vile...

If we get together as a country and write logical, workable immagration laws, im in..

I grew up in the 60's and thing were not go for people of color...any color, I was told we help each other...united we would be heard.

I sorry to say that both side have become distrustfull of each other...but thats mind boggeling because if the races fight, no advancement happens.
Our laws should reflect the needs of this nation. Not the needs of the applicants. That is logical.
In other words it is not logical to write laws to reward those who don't respect the law to begin with.
Shall we grant criminals convicted of armed robbery the right to carry concealed weapons? Why not there are so many of them and all.
No we should not.
Nor should we grant amnesty to those who violated our immigration laws. Millions each year enter legally. Pay their fees, wait their turn.
Obviously our laws work. Our laws are more liberal than most. What we need are even higher standards, not lower.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM

[quote=Benicar;12532988]Surely you jest. Can I assume you are a white male?

By the way, illegal immigration is not a racial issue, and most opponents of illegal immigration are not racist.[/quote]

So said the Minute men...yet they allingned themselves with Neo-NAZIs and Klansmen at rallies in Socal...

BTW you may have meant to say "...proponets of illegal immagration...".

Old 01-20-2010, 02:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Surely you jest. Can I assume you are a white male?

By the way, illegal immigration is not a racial issue, and most opponents of illegal immigration are not racist.

So said the Minute men...yet they allingned themselves with Neo-NAZIs and Klansmen at rallies in Socal...

Most of us anti's hold the Neo-Nazi's, etc. in the same contempt as groups like MEChA. Never mind that MEChA is allowed to spew forth its treasonous filth on college campuses.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:

Illegal aliens are vile: they are criminals factoring in ID theft, non reporting of income and so on.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:02 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
[quote=1751texan;12533997]
Quote:

By the way, illegal immigration is not a racial issue, and most opponents of illegal immigration are not racist.[/quote]

No, the Minutemen did not do that! It was the other way around and without their approval. Kind of like how the reconquistas show up at the pro-illegal rallies. Does that mean that all pro-illegals are reconquistas? Of course not! You can't help sometimes how some people with a radical agenda try to hang on to the coatails of an entirely different agenda to support their own racist agenda.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Our laws should reflect the needs of this nation. Not the needs of the applicants. That is logical.
In other words it is not logical to write laws to reward those who don't respect the law to begin with.
Shall we grant criminals convicted of armed robbery the right to carry concealed weapons? Why not there are so many of them and all.
No we should not.
Nor should we grant amnesty to those who violated our immigration laws. Millions each year enter legally. Pay their fees, wait their turn.
Obviously our laws work. Our laws are more liberal than most. What we need are even higher standards, not lower.
I no where did I suggest and form a immagration reform, only that it be logical...

secondly...I was speaking to the poster about the riff between Mexican-American and African-American...

lastly, what is Obivious, is if our immagration policies worked, we would not have a immagration problem ...

Old 01-20-2010, 03:16 PM

[quote=chicagonut;12534137]
Quote:

No, the Minutemen did not do that! It was the other way around and without their approval. Kind of like how the reconquistas show up at the pro-illegal rallies. Does that mean that all pro-illegals are reconquistas? Of course not! You can't help sometimes how some people with a radical agenda try to hang on to the coatails of an entirely different agenda to support their own racist agenda.
Let me find the video...that I saw with my own eyes...the three groups toghther.

Ill post it asap.

Im not Pro-illegal...Im pro-fair.

and the reconquistas and atzlanos...are as real as the tooth fair and the Easter bunny...I anit afraid of no ghosts

Old 01-20-2010, 03:17 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
[quote=1751texan;12533997]
Quote:

No, I said exactly what I meant.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
I no where did I suggest and form a immagration reform, only that it be logical...

secondly...I was speaking to the poster about the riff between Mexican-American and African-American...

lastly, what is Obivious, is if our immagration policies worked, we would not have a immagration problem ...
We have an illegal immigration problem because our laws are not being enforced, not because they don’t work. No law can be effective if it isn’t enforced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration