Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Starting invoicing and charging the Mexican Government every month for the illegals here?
yes 24 77.42%
no 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 11:11 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Republicans fighting amnesty? You mean like John McCain?

Face it - it may feel good to say the dems are for amnesty but luckily your republican rep/senator is against it on the virtue that he/she is republican is a fools dream. They say one thing but do another. I am merely saying I wouldn't trust any politician further than I can throw him, and it bears repeating that no matter what your sen or cong. is one must continually email them/call them and let them know amensty will not be tolerated. If you make the mistake of resting on republican laurels then you will be seeing another amnesty.
Other than McCain and Lindsey Graham can you name any other amnesty republicans? On the other hand it would be simpler to name any democratic politicians that aren't amnesty democrats. So you're going to make me say the MAJORITY of republican politicians are fighting amnesty and the MAJORITY of democratic politicians are fighting the republican politicians fighting amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 11:30 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
No, genius. I am not.

If you had any intelligence, you would be able to read and see what I saying. But expecting intelligence from someone who refers to the President as "Maobama" is impossible.
I read and saw that you are proposing to let the illegals stay and our left wing radical president keeps promising the illegals amnesty. You connect the dots.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:30 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Other than McCain and Lindsey Graham can you name any other amnesty republicans? On the other hand it would be simpler to name any democratic politicians that aren't amnesty democrats. So you're going to make me say the MAJORITY of republican politicians are fighting amnesty and the MAJORITY of democratic politicians are fighting the republican politicians fighting amnesty.
mccain has definitely thrown a monkey wrench into the whole immigration issue because he has been so high-profile as pro illegal, as well as bush.

i am glad to say that bush is gone, never to return, and would be equally pleased when mccain is gone as well. i would definitely submit that fiscally conservative republicans understand that america can NOT afford a surplus labor population, nor can america afford all the benefits that would be required to support all the out-of-work "low-wage employees" in the country.

i hope that republicans dump mccain before the next election cycle and, if they are not willing to do that, then i hope that mccain loses. i would like to see republicans stand up for their country as well as the democrats and independents just did in massachusetts.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:21 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Mexico should pay for the health care costs and food stamps of it's citizens living here. It's hard to see how anyone could argue that.

This is your game so I'll play...

1.) how many IL are there here in the US? How do you break down what each owes?

2.) Would the Federal government send the invoice or each State

3.) What if the Federal Gov made a deal to excuse all claims of debt for a price reduction for the crude oil we get from Mexico...

4.) What if Mexico only payed the tabs to Texas, California, Florida, New Mexico, Arizona,and Nevada...former possesions, and said GTH to the rest of the states?

Old 01-20-2010, 01:26 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808s View Post
The idea won't work. Mexico's already got problems with the drug cartels and because both their government and ours are working together to combat the cartels the last thing we need to do is **** off the very people that are helping us.

By billing the Mexican government for our illegal immigration problem they can easily cut us a blank check and empty their prisons and criminal underworlds into the United States as payback. It's good to get their money but we'll be overrun by drug lords.

Think about the Mariel Boat Lift in 1980.
Which will backfire very badly against Mexico since they will have signed their own death warrant. As it is: prejudice is growing against Spanish speaking Hispanics here in the USA.

Remember that about every 100 years or so; Mexico has severe social unrest and the last time was 1910---------connect the dots.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:27 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
This is your game so I'll play...

1.) how many IL are there here in the US? How do you break down what each owes?

2.) Would the Federal government send the invoice or each State

3.) What if the Federal Gov made a deal to excuse all claims of debt for a price reduction for the crude oil we get from Mexico...

4.) What if Mexico only payed the tabs to Texas, California, Florida, New Mexico, Arizona,and Nevada...former possesions, and said GTH to the rest of the states?
there is a record every time an illegal immigrant accesses the emergency room. the mexican government (or whatever country they are from) should be billed for any services rendered. no one has ever given me a satisfactory explanation for why americans should pay for health services for foreigners, legal or otherwise.

if i got sick in another country, i certainly could not expect that country to pick up my medical tab.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:25 PM

276 posts, read 747,123 times
Quote:
Starting invoicing and charging the Mexican Government every month for the illegals here?

Should we do it?

I say kick them out but if that doesn't work, let them stay here but invoice the Mexican government in US dollars. That way we keep the cheap labor and they will not be paid for from my tax dollars. This way, they will be good for something.
If you're going to do it to one group then do it to all...fair is fair! and believe it or not but those comming in from the middle east have cash and their countries are loaded...All muslim countries are bursting with cash flow...and they send it home to strengthen their governments, arms, etc. all about power and control...it's time for Governments out side north america to be accountable for their citizens...so that our governments can be accountable to us! But do they want to?

Old 01-24-2010, 09:11 PM

471 posts, read 586,959 times
I like the premise of this. Make Mexico pay for this situation to some extent. If there is a way to find, invoice, and charge for each illegal, I also feel that there must be a way to get rid of them all together.
But for the sake of a good argument, and for the fact that I want libvoice to put me on the early order list for her book, lets talk about what we would need to achieve such a result.

-How would we invoice them? Who would do it? Census maybe?
-What would we need to do monitor them while they are here?
-What would the tax rate be on them?
-Would this be an incentive for Mexico to actually try and secure their side of the border?
-Could we use the funds to finally build the wall?

I have no clue the answer to these questions, nor do I agree with the premise of most of the questions I raised. However, I received a warning from ***, and I realized I can argue anytime here in the noncyber world. Why not take advantage of that this forum brings to come up with and debate ideas. I think the answer to some of these questions may help to put to bed quite a few crazy Ideas, and help to solidify others. Let’s give it a shot.

No I have not gone crazy, nor do I support the idea of amnesty AT ALL.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:41 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times
Quote:
Starting invoicing and charging the Mexican Government every month for the illegals here?

Should we do it?

I say kick them out but if that doesn't work, let them stay here but invoice the Mexican government in US dollars. That way we keep the cheap labor and they will not be paid for from my tax dollars. This way, they will be good for something.
Bill each country for every illegal in this country?

I agree, that can be a difficult task. Not all illegal immigrants use ER services. How would you find them? Documents always need to be verified. How would you provide a name and how would you know that the name pertains to an illegal immigrant? How would you rate the day per illegal immigrant on US soil? How about finding their nationality? What if said country refuses to acknowledge one of their citizens? What if a country refuses to be part of this deal blaming the US for providing jobs to them? What if it was Mexico and it either refuses to sell us crude oil in retaliation and it would cost more to import from another country? What if it was a very poor country such as Honduras who refuses to pay simply because they can't afford to? What then? What to we do if countries all over the world turn their backs on us for billing them when WE gave them jobs? As it is, our image around the world is very shacky and I think Obama is found a wonderful job of getting it back on track.

Last edited by zacatecana; 01-25-2010 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: Oops...last sentence, "found" should be "done". Phone error.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:51 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
You beat me to it ---- we should start taxing any and all monies going out of this country. Perhaps a 10%? Maybe 20 or more. But this free ride has got to stop.
How can you bill an illegal immigrant a different fee than one who is legal? If we begin this type of practice, illegal immigrants can ask a legal one to send the money for them. If we increase the fee for both legal and illegal, why should legal immigrants have to pay for illegal immigration?

Even Obama agrees that the best way to help other countries is by allowing immigrants to send money to their families. That is the reason he allowed Haitian illegal immigrants to become temporarily legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration