U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2010, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,922,493 times
Reputation: 27520

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Too late Arnie..most of your working taxpayers have left your state.
Now you can tax the movie stars to death to pay for your programs.

You made your bed, now lie in it. Once you give, you cannot take away.
Just look to the riots in Greece and soon Portugal and France for an example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2010, 05:50 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Too late Arnie..most of your working taxpayers have left your state.
Now you can tax the movie stars to death to pay for your programs.

You made your bed, now lie in it. Once you give, you cannot take away.
Just look to the riots in Greece and soon Portugal and France for an example.
Note how Ruben Navarette continued to make excuses for illegal aliens and their impact on the state of Calif. though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2010, 05:58 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,620,778 times
Reputation: 2983
Arnold is all over the map. He's encouraged illegals, yet at the same time he insists that "vee neet CHOPS in California!...GOOD chops; chops dat can zupport a perzon ! Vee need INFESTMENT !" With his accent, it's hard to tell if he's calling for more employment ("Jobs")....or that we eat more lamb ("Chops")...but no matter..he'll be saying something else by week's end.

I voted for Gary Coleman....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2010, 06:11 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
arnold is all over the map. He's encouraged illegals, yet at the same time he insists that "vee neet chops in california!...good chops; chops dat can zupport a perzon ! Vee need infestment !" with his accent, it's hard to tell if he's calling for more employment ("jobs")....or that we eat more lamb ("chops")...but no matter..he'll be saying something else by week's end.

I voted for gary coleman....
lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2010, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,922,493 times
Reputation: 27520
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Note how Ruben Navarette continued to make excuses for illegal aliens and their impact on the state of Calif. though?
Then by Arnie's calculations, Texas should be bankrupt because we are a border state.

Sorry Arnie..we don't enhance the social programs like you do to encourage relocation to your state. Just up your taxes yet again to cover your programs and hope there's people left there to pay them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,820 posts, read 30,068,682 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then by Arnie's calculations, Texas should be bankrupt because we are a border state.

Sorry Arnie..we don't enhance the social programs like you do to encourage relocation to your state. Just up your taxes yet again to cover your programs and hope there's people left there to pay them.
There are no jobs, no one is buying squat. That's where CA is right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2010, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,637,375 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Note how Ruben Navarette continued to make excuses for illegal aliens and their impact on the state of Calif. though?
Not anymore: Navarette is now telling the illegal Hispanics to return home and get in line to immigrate here legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2010, 09:26 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,820 posts, read 30,068,682 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not anymore: Navarette is now telling the illegal Hispanics to return home and get in line to immigrate here legally.
That dude flops more than a stinky Mackerel. He was telling his peeps to go home, then he flip flops again telling them to stay and protest. Stay, go stay.... come on now. He sounds like a political wanna be.


His "agenda" is evident. Does anyone not get it? What ticket are we going to see him on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 991,599 times
Reputation: 369
<< Anyone got a general idea on how many ARE THOUGHT to be in Cali? >>

I just read somewhere a couple of days ago that it's 1.2 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2010, 09:38 AM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,175,320 times
Reputation: 22525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<< Anyone got a general idea on how many ARE THOUGHT to be in Cali? >>

I just read somewhere a couple of days ago that it's 1.2 million.
I'd think that figure is for just LA - surely the figure is much higher for the entire state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top