Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:29 PM

50,204 posts, read 46,941,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I don't think he has changed his tune. Mexicans have resented Schwarzenegger since he got into politics, saying he is hypocritical for being anti-immigration, yet he is an immigrant himself.
Yes he is, a legal one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,544,515 times
Quote:
I don't think he has changed his tune. Mexicans have resented Schwarzenegger since he got into politics, saying he is hypocritical for being anti-immigration, yet he is an immigrant himself.
It isn’t his stance on immigration or illegal immigration that has changed. It’s his longstanding denial that illegal aliens were contributing to the budget deficit in California.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,832,289 times
MANY , many legal migrants are opposed to ILLEGAL aliens. I fail to see how that can be regarded as hypocrotical in the least. Being against illegals isn't being anti-immigration.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,304,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Go Arnie, go!! Finally you admit that illegal immigration is an economic negative to our state.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,202,780 times
Quote:
How is being anti-illegal = to being anti-immigrant?
I am about as anti-illegal as you can get but I am also a strong supporter of legal immigration.
Thats like saying I am anti-car owners because I don't like car thieves.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:28 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,349,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am about as anti-illegal as you can get but I am also a strong supporter of legal immigration.
I'm just telling you what pretty much every Mexican has told me. Nobody likes him there.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:49 PM

335 posts, read 328,489 times
"The Governator Changes Tune - Illegal Aliens a Drain on California"

Schwarzenegger has finally realized that he can't keep ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:07 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,364,606 times
In order to get elected, he toned down is stance against illegal immigration. Now that he's on the way out, he has taken the gloves off. The bottom line is that he was no better than Davis. Predictable since he was not qualified to hold the office to begin with. Just a former steroid using bodybuilder and actor.

Shame on the people of this state for allowing this grunt into office. He has been ineffective.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 PM

183 posts, read 242,542 times
wow, it took him awhile but at least hes finally doing something about it. Itd be nice if every governor of every state opened their eyes a lil more and double checked their budget to cut the "loose ends". I keep hearing you guys dont have a big illegals problem and then that you do. Anyone got a general idea on how many ARE THOUGHT to be in Cali? and how much is going out to support them?

Old 01-19-2010, 12:06 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,040,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Sling is right. Legal or Illegal immigrants...neither ever liked him.

I for one, did not vote for him either time. I voted for Cruz Bustamante but many were afraid that he would raise our car insurances. Bustamante in my opinion had more experience than Arnold and had been working at the Capitol for some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration