U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:57 AM

6,899 posts, read 6,374,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Jesse and Al are traitors to the USA IMHO--------and, I am not even a Black person.

Which is why i get offended when folks call them OUR BLACK LEADERS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 09:22 AM

77 posts, read 88,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Which is why i get offended when folks call them OUR BLACK LEADERS
Maybe because some people only look up to celebrities? Isn't that the reason why the hip hop culture is so popular? Nobody seems to be offended by the reckless behaviors of some of these artist but God forbid These leaders make a mistake. Just erase everything they said, trash their names and go to listening to 50cent or gloryfying child molestors like the guy that believes he can fly. I'm not black but Im offended by this. Blacks destroying the only positive leaders they have.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:26 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
Maybe because some people only look up to celebrities? Isn't that the reason why is the hip hop culture is so popular? Nobody seems to be offended by the reckless behaviors of some of these artist but God forbid These leaders name a mistake. Just erase everything they said. I'm not black but Im offended by this. Blacks destroying the only positive leaders they have.
Itís obvious you arenít black. Otherwise, you would realize they are NOT our leaders.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:19 AM

6,899 posts, read 6,374,602 times
Quote:
Maybe because some people only look up to celebrities? Isn't that the reason why the hip hop culture is so popular? Nobody seems to be offended by the reckless behaviors of some of these artist but God forbid These leaders make a mistake. Just erase everything they said, trash their names and go to listening to 50cent or gloryfying child molestors like the guy that believes he can fly. I'm not black but Im offended by this. Blacks destroying the only positive leaders they have.

Again, these are not Black Leaders. If you would like to label Sharpton and Jackson as your Leader go right ahead. As far of glorifying child molesters..great job of generalizing an entire group to make excuses millions breaking the law.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:52 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Excuse me? Last time I checked: the President of the USA; Barack Obama, is counted as 'Black'---------and, he is the leader of all Americans. Oprah is another de facto leader. And we are not even discussing folks like (Ret) General Colin Powell or Condi Rice.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:16 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Created equally does not mean a person has the right to break the laws of any country. Dr. King was a lot like Casar Chavez in some respects, so I imagine he would have been against illegal immigration. He wanted change, but he wanted it done legally.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:48 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
<<I will discuss and an agree with any good, feasible plan to reform immagration laws...but I've yet to any practical plan or even ideas on reform...>>

You probably won't get much discussion about reforming immigration laws, because the truth is they don't need reforming. The laws we have are sufficient, they just need enforcing.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Created equally does not mean a person has the right to break the laws of any country. Dr. King was a lot like Casar Chavez in some respects, so I imagine he would have been against illegal immigration. He wanted change, but he wanted it done legally.
You picked up on that as well I see............ that King would likely been against illegal immigration had he been alive today.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 973 times
Quote:
Jackson, thank you for all you do. God is watching. This is the perfect day to increase awareness of the hardships our undocumented brothers go through everyday.
I Agree that we need Immigration reform NOW. Perhaps even a return to "Operation *******" (Pres. Eisenhower's program).

First, they are not "undocumented", but Illegal! lets keep the language accurate. Even hispanic newspaper writers have argued your willful misnomer. Crossing the border without inspection is illegal. Overstaying a visa is illegal.

Hardships? How about the hardships of the U.S. Citizens whom cannot get ANY jobs, while your "Brothers" work under the table. At last record, there were 6.7 people waiting for every availble job un the U.S. At this rate the United States cannot support your "Brothers", whom come across the border ILLEGALLY at a rate of 5000-8000 PER DAY!

A perfect day to increase awareness, TRUE. What proportion of the Black population would be willing to work those jobs your "Brothers" are taking away? how many BLACK familes are going hungry and cold, while your Brothers pay coyotes to bring MORE of your brothers to this country!

Old 01-19-2010, 01:41 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Now you ask... Read the posts.
I have read the posts and all I see are vague ideas about fairness and human dignity. Oh, and E Verify would be good if the 'bugs' were worked out.

What I get from you is that you would amnesty all illegals then attempt to 'close the border'. Please. A mass amnesty to end all amnesties was tried by Reagan. All it did was encourage more illegal immigration with the hope that eventually another amnesty would come along.
The 'pathway to citizenship' bills that have been floating around are not fair, nor would they in anyway stop further illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration