U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:13 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,954,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
Maybe because some people only look up to celebrities? Isn't that the reason why the hip hop culture is so popular? Nobody seems to be offended by the reckless behaviors of some of these artist but God forbid These leaders make a mistake. Just erase everything they said, trash their names and go to listening to 50cent or gloryfying child molestors like the guy that believes he can fly. I'm not black but Im offended by this. Blacks destroying the only positive leaders they have.
Simply because one is loud or annoying or hungry for attention does not make them a leader.
Jessie and Sharpton are self proclaimed leaders. Glory seeking mouth pieces for the fringe and extremists.
How many times has Sharpton been involved with either faking a racial incident or using one for personal gain?
Jessie Jackson? He is a fart in church compared to real leaders like Colin Powell, or Bill Cosby. People who not only talk the talk but walk the walk.
I am no Obama fan but how can you even compare Sharpton to someone like Obama? That man not only can talk but he can lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 04:01 PM

11 posts, read 9,214 times
Quote:
Jackson, thank you for all you do. God is watching. This is the perfect day to increase awareness of the hardships our undocumented brothers go through everyday.
Don't you mean illegal alien lawbreaker brothers?

Old 01-19-2010, 04:06 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,954,365 times
Quote:
Jackson, thank you for all you do. God is watching. This is the perfect day to increase awareness of the hardships our undocumented brothers go through everyday.
Undocumented brothers? Sort of like unlicenced drivers or or unauthorized car borrowers, or well the list is pretty much endless.
Your illegal alien brothers also happen to be criminals. All 100% of them.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:14 PM

11 posts, read 9,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
But, just some sort of reform that helps these people as well. Something that is a compromise.
How about this compromise: If illegal aliens voluntarily leave this country by June 30th of this year, our government will promise not to arrest and prosecute them for all of the laws they have violated since they first arrived here. By not getting thrown in prison for violating several of our laws, some which would result in felony charges, we would be helping illegal aliens to get on with their lives in their home countries with their freedom intact.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:19 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,438,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Did I say no immigration laws?
In reality, you don't say much of anything. Ninty-five percent of your posts are exactly like the above.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,598,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
[list=1][*]

From WOAI new in San Antonio Tx...

SAN ANTONIO — Tens of thousands of San Antonio residents, some holding portraits of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and banners proclaiming "We believe," marched in honor of the slain civil rights leader Monday.
San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro and Democratic gubernatorial candidate Bill White joined the 23rd annual march — one of the nation's largest honoring King. The marchers included university students, and members of church and civic groups. No crowd estimate was immediately available. An estimated 100,000 people joined the march last year.

San Antonio has an African-american population of about 15%...yetr for the past 10 years of 23, We have numbered 100,000 + marchers for the MLK day parade.

Im glad I live in a city that Honors Dr. King and understands that Civil Rights belong to all races...

I'm being honest, I don't really get your point in reply to what I've said. I'm not even being blind, biased or one-sided. I just really don't understand how you could read what I said (which was pretty clear and to the point) and then reply with this as if it is still OK for pro-illegal immigrant groups to try to compare what they face here in the US as illegal immigrants to what my family and my fellow Black Americans went through in this country as LEGAL residents and pretty much natural-born citizens. I also don't see what your post has to do with the fact that illegal immigrant groups are using the battle and fight of Black Americans (legal residents and basically fellow countrymen) in the Civil Rights days to support why they should be legal or allowed to work and live here. They need to come up with something else to use because what happened to citizens of the US is not comparable to illegal immigration. What black people went through was true racism and discrimination, illegal immigrants don't go through anywhere near what it was like for Black Americans. They are even lucky to get what they get while they are here. That is the part that angers, the fact that they try to use the struggles of my fellow Black Americans as an example of what they are going through. It's like, "The nerve of them," are they kept out of schools? No, we allow their children who are undocumented to attend our schools so they can go out and work, illegally. Do they get water hoses sprayed on them out in the open on the regular? No. So, to see this pro-illegal immigrant groups marching as if they can relate to the movement of Black Americans in times of hate is disgusting.

They got it made compared to what "my people" went through, so to piggy back on our history and how we demanded our rights (rights that illegal immigrants do not have) is disgusting. Also, like I said before, so many of these groups that are based on fighting for amnesty for illegal immigrants (obviously in many cases, Mexican and Central American illegal immigrants) could care less about Black Americans. There is no unity there on the street-level between black people and those groups of illegal immigrants. So, to see these people trying to use our history to promote their agenda is hilarious. These are countries that show discrimination against those of African ancestry more than the United States. Places like Mexico that mock black people on comedy shows. Once again, they only support something or latch onto something when it gives more volume to their cry for amnesty and the government to ignore them.

I'm a proud Black American and I refuse to allow them to do that to the name of our history here and the hard work that many people had to go through (sometimes losing their life) to make it right for LEGAL and NATURAL-BORN Black Americans. Black Americans are Americans, we don't need illegal immigrants trying to stoop us down to their level. That has always been a thing in the US, black people never really rightfully claimed this country as theirs as well. This is the perfect time to say, "NO! We do not identify with you all, illegal immigrants, we are US CITIZENs, we are 'Americans.' You are breaking into a country that is home to all of us (whites, blacks, asians, anyone that is a legal resident here)."

Last edited by SoEdible; 01-19-2010 at 06:06 PM..

Old 01-19-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Since when does global parity equate no immigration laws? Dr King would have supported these illegals for fighting for their rights in their countries of origin -- NOT for the rights of citizens in a country that they are in illegally. Especially since they are adversely effecting the black community.
Thank you. That's exactly why it infuriates me so much to see these pro-illegal immigrant groups trying to use what we went through here in their agenda. It really does bother me and what you said there in the bold is one of the reasons. Where I am from, the same people that would be at these rallies trying to carry their MLK sign will be the same ones who are here illegally taking a fast-food, hotel, car repair or retail store job from the low-skilled and high school educated black youth. They are the same ones that in the neighborhoods of blacks and Mexicans or Guatemalans, they will challenge the black people for "turf." Yet, they have the nerves to talk about our struggle and compare it to theirs? When will the media start calling these pro-illegal immigrant groups out on their craftiness? If anyone wants to join me in cutting these people down with their manipulation then please PM me. I get so passionate and inspired when I see these groups attempt to put us, Black Americans (so proud, so naturally citizens of this great country) on their level. Black people have always been a proud people and my pride does not allow me to let these groups dillute what we went through.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:18 PM

I ask everyone here that has some voice in journalism or media to speak out against these groups trying to piggy back on the history of Black Americans if you feel that way. Black people have not been vocal on this issue, but have been so affected by it, so we need to wake up on what is going on. When they start touching what we went through, what our families went through (my grandfather, my grandparents, mom, dad) and using it in comparison to their illegal immigrant status, that's personal.

If Barack Obama, as President and who is on the spot about illegal immigration, supports them at any point in this concept of comparing the two, I will have no respect for him. Although, I wouldn't be surprised.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You missed my point to soedible, in his post he used words like..." They are the most crafty and sneaky people". My intention was to point out that no mater if someine is here leagally or not to label another group of people is counter to Dr. King's teachings.

I am not arguing rights for any group, even though many posters believe that since the illegal act of crossing the border makes humans a insidious foreign presence...

Basic Human rights and basic human dignity are not forfeited at the border...

I will discuss and an agree with any good, feasible plan to reform immagration laws...but I've yet to any practical plan or even ideas on reform...
Why am I a "he?"

Also, you aren't understanding, these pro-illegal immigration groups compare themselves and identify themselves with the struggle of what Black AMERICANS went through. I'm not OK with that and neither are other people. This is not about the "civil rights" aspect, this is about the "Civil Rights Movement" that involved the push for Black Americans to be treated like they had the right to be treated. There was nothing in the Constitution or laws that said that black people could be sprayed with water houses when the officers wanted a laugh. Yet, there is writing that is clear and pretty up to date that says that someone who wants to live here and work here needs to be here legally. Where is the similarities that allow them to use our history as a talking point? Bull*****.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I would rep you for that if I could, but I have to spread it around first!
I appreciate that. This is when speakers and activists are made. These kinds of things just fill me with such passion. You're going to try to use MY PEOPLE's, MY BLOOD, history? All that we fought for? When we were born here in this country and they wouldn't even let us read? Or write? You're going to come here illegally, like some crook, walking through our borders, stealing our social security numbers and you're going to try to equate yourself to my family? To my grandfather of the 40s, 50s, and 60s? They messed with the wrong group of people this time.

Where is the Spike Lee film on this subject? Black people definitely have to wake up on illegal immigration in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration